Tier 11 Valor Point Hotfix

(Locked)

Community Manager
Due to some recent player feedback we’ve made the decision to implement a hotfix that will put Valor Points back on the bosses in Blackwing Descent, Bastion of Twilight, and Throne of the Four Winds (except Argoloth).

We agreed that players should have some additional options for earning Valor Points beyond Firelands, Zandalari dungeons, and tier 11 Heroic difficulty raids. We don’t want raiding guilds to feel like they have to raid Firelands AND the old raids every week, but we do want players to feel like they have some options besides running ZA/ZG over and over.

Bosses in these raids will award 35 VP on 10-player normal difficulty, and 45 VP on 25-player normal difficulty, to match the rewards currently offered for the Heroic versions of those encounters.

This change should be live within the next few hours. You can stay informed about the latest hotfixes by checking the Patch 4.2 Hotfixes article for updates: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3019413
Edited by Daxxarri on 7/18/2011 7:36 PM PDT
100 Draenei Shaman
I suppose it makes sense, I havent ran the nerfed heroics so I can't make fair judgement
85 Human Warrior
Interesting
85 Goblin Hunter
Thank you for hearing our concerns and responding. It's nice to know that we're heard.
100 Draenei Priest
Thanks for less ZA/ZG
85 Draenei Mage
So are you and Razer compensating us for Swifty and his guild acting like jackasses and getting away with it?
This is a much welcomed change.
85 Tauren Warrior
Thank you. I'm glad this logical position was made. We appreciate the dedication you take for those of us who are willing to have a conversation with you.

Please keep up the good work on these subjects.
100 Night Elf Hunter
I didn't have many dramas against them not giving vp, but it's awesome news to read they will again.

And about the right amount for what I would expect.

Thanks for the post Daxxarri.
90 Human Paladin
Thanks
100 Troll Priest
Thank you for this.

It's honestly not fun running a million ZG/ZA to cap out each week if you don't down enough FL bosses.
Edited by Byniri on 7/18/2011 7:52 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Mage
07/18/2011 07:46 PMPosted by Elsá
Thanks

Thanks too. I'd love to see "real heroic" versions of the other dungeons as well (or some other level of difficulty) so that they could still yield valor points. I admit I really was grateful for the wide variety of places in WotLK that frost/valor came from.

Kept things from getting boring.
85 Troll Shaman
I wish you did that before I cleared this weeks raids....
90 Worgen Warrior
Strange that my guildies were having a huge whinge about this the other day. Sweet!
85 Dwarf Hunter
Nerdrage inc from elitests.
Edited by Vereessa on 7/18/2011 7:58 PM PDT
11 Blood Elf Rogue
Excellent change. Just to confirm: will these VP be uncapped (up to the max you can get from the raids) so that we can do regular heroics + t11 raids to cap? Or will you need to do t11 raids up to 490, then Zandalar zones to cap?
85 Blood Elf Priest
+ 1
100 Troll Priest
What? Firelands badges for running 25% nerfed T11. WHAT?? NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Valor's allready too easy to get as it is. Well Blizzard, so much for "Current Tier of raiding is supposed to have challenge.". I guess you want every piece of content of be so easy /trade can pug it, because you listen to the people who don't want to improve and YOU want to sociallly engineer everyone to be bads.

I'm going back to Final Fantasy 11. Say what you will about Abyssea, at least SE's Devs know how to make content more accessable without sapping all the challenge from it.

dude, for 10 man, that's only 420 VP. that's 3 Zandalaris. I don't see that as unreasonable

and for any guilds that will actually still do 25 man, it's still only 540, which is less than 4 runs. not completely unreasonable
85 Tauren Druid
What? Firelands badges for running 25% nerfed T11. WHAT?? NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Valor's allready too easy to get as it is. Well Blizzard, so much for "Current Tier of raiding is supposed to have challenge.". I guess you want every piece of content of be so easy /trade can pug it, because you listen to the people who don't want to improve and YOU want to sociallly engineer everyone to be bads.

I'm going back to Final Fantasy 11. Say what you will about Abyssea, at least SE's Devs know how to make content more accessable without sapping all the challenge from it.

How does adding VP to easy content make it less challenging? You could already cap from doing Herioc 5 mans, so what is the difference? It's not like they are making it so t11 content gives you past the cap VP, it's just another option to get it rather than running Zul'again over and over.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]