Tier 11 Valor Point Hotfix

(Locked)

85 Worgen Warrior
07/18/2011 07:28 PMPosted by Drkorq
Thanks for less ZA/ZG
88 Undead Warlock
Overgear the content with a few valor items? Come on now.

No matter what anyone wants to think about ilvl or what a few set pieces can offer, people aren't going to equip some valor boots and suddenly start rolling over bosses.

Not to say anything bad to you Bashiok, but Firelands bosses are being rolled over. I honestly expected normal modes to take a couple months, but my guild is just 8% away from killing Ragnaros on normal. From what I see on heroic content in Firelands I'm kinda worried that Firelands is going to be farm content for my guild far sooner than when the next content patch is released. Thanks for delaying content to compete with Star Wars by the way. I'm really enjoying the minimal amount of content so that you can flood us with content when I switch to SWTOR.
85 Blood Elf Mage
Just wanted to say, thank you so much Blizzard, now hopefully I can get a PUG together for these, as all throughout t11 I never won my 4-piece (shoulders or helm), and the 4 piece tier 11 bonus is amazingly good for mages. Progressing through Firelands is a ton of fun, but I'm glad to also have another raid that hopefully now, with the nerfs and increase of rewards therein, will be attractive enough to get a PUG together for it.
100 Human Paladin
07/19/2011 10:25 AMPosted by Axebiter
Thanks for less ZA/ZG
85 Blood Elf Warlock
07/19/2011 10:30 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Thanks for less ZA/ZG

This. I feel like ripping my eyes out everytime I go into those instances.
85 Night Elf Druid
I don't get why this is such a big deal. You can only get the 2p tier bonus with Valor points. You need to down Firelands bosses to get trinkets, head and shoulders tokens, weapons, and the legendary weapon stuff. In addition, raiding Firelands is the only way currently to get Avengers rep. In short, people who regularly raid current content will still gear up substantially faster than those who don't.

Honestly, why do people care so much about other people having gear? Stop competing with other people and focus on yourself and having fun. That's the point of a game in first place, fun.

PS: For those upset about "bads" getting epic gear, people who can't even clear heroics can get epic gear by gold farming and buying it on the AH or from crafters. Time consuming and boring to be sure, but most certainly possible. At least clearing T11 raids/heroics require some skill and the ability to work with other people. I'm more concerned about the person with AH epics who's never been inside a dungeon at all and has no idea how to play.
Edited by Gelshor on 7/19/2011 10:43 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
Thank you very much, Daxxari. We welcomed your feedback and thoughts in the other thread and now thank you for the actions you've taken to relieve some of the boredom of us that've cleared that content and the woes of less-progressed guilds. This change is very much a step in the right direction towards keeping older tier content PUGable and worthy of the time spent in them.
85 Tauren Druid
07/18/2011 07:28 PMPosted by Drkorq
Thanks for less ZA/ZG

Thanks also for encouraging T11 pugs; I think that will be much healthier for the game.
Edited by Jynks on 7/19/2011 10:39 AM PDT
100 Troll Druid
Wait, so does this mean regular heroics don't offer 70 valor points any more?
85 Human Priest
thank god I was so tired of the vemon lord >< omfg save meh!
90 Tauren Druid

No matter what anyone wants to think about ilvl or what a few set pieces can offer, people aren't going to equip some valor boots and suddenly start rolling over bosses.

Part of the appeal to raiding is getting the exclusive rewards. These changes as of late make detract from that. Raiding rewards are no longer exclusive to raiders. The current environment would be the equivalent of if Molten Core items dropped from UBRS and Stratholme.

Or if people thought that getting ilvl 346 gear was too hard, you would allow them to get the items through fishing.

Sure, just getting the gear alone isn't going to make the bosses fall over at your feet. But the gear represents more than just the ability to kill bosses. It represents an achievement in the game. Now that every person of every class walks around looking identical, you hardly have any idea who has accomplished what.
85 Human Priest
more pugs also <3 pugs :D gives me something to do without having to take the game to serious
85 Troll Druid
07/19/2011 02:04 AMPosted by Bashiok
Still, the point is you will allow people who have never set foot in Firelands to overgear the content, when the fights are tuned for people in T 11 gear, in particular the early bosses.

But there are no valor boots, so clearly your entire point is wrong.
100 Troll Druid
This is all fine. But honestly there should be a higher weekly cap for players that obtain VP via current tier raiding. Even a slight increase (extra 250-300) VP would satisfy most folks I would think.
85 Night Elf Warrior
Honestly, I still think that VP awarded for running Firelands is too low. Way too low. You shouldn't even need to do a full clear to cap. 3-4 bosses should be enough to fully cap your VP for the week. Raiders doing current tier raids shouldn't need any other source of VP other than that raid so long as they are making decent headway on the bosses. In fact, I also think that the "current tier" raids should have an increased cap. Not significantly so, but enough to meaningful (say 1100 or something).

For Firelands, 10-man should be worth between 250 and 300 VP. 25-man would then be worth 375-450 vp. Heroic 10 man would be worth 375-450, while heroic 25-man would be worth 560-657 vp.

I'm also not entirely sure I agree that regular 10 and 25 man t11 raids should be giving differing amounts of VP. The heroic ones yes, but not normal mode. The relative difficulty just isn't a tangible metric on these raids after the recent adjustments.

30 for 10/25 man on normal, 45 for 10 man heroic and 65 for 25 man heroic. This would be my line of thinking.
Edited by Feandel on 7/19/2011 11:02 AM PDT
85 Human Paladin
Thank god. ZA and ZG.... sooooooooooooooooooooooo boooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
100 Night Elf Druid
Thank you Blizzard.
07/19/2011 02:04 AMPosted by Bashiok
Still, the point is you will allow people who have never set foot in Firelands to overgear the content, when the fights are tuned for people in T 11 gear, in particular the early bosses.

Not being sarcastic, this is the best blue post response I have ever read. So many people whine about gear vendors, I think it's great. I like that even if gear didn't drop this week, or we didn't down a new boss... I still get current rewards. That and it makes doing what would be old, useless content worthwhile.

As it has been said many times before... gear does not equal to skill. People still fail at Algalon.
85 Night Elf Druid
Atillian, not trying to call you out or pick on you but you're the one I see that's most vocally against this change. Did you bother reading the arguments in the other thread? We proposed a drop in VP gains from heroics as well so our opinions aren't as radically different as you might feel they are.

It's not like those of us that asked for this change are asking for free gear. We just want a reason to run a raid if we only need one or two pieces that might not drop due to RNG. The question was, basically, "If RNG sucks and I don't get my drop, what's to say I didn't just waste 2-3 hours in a raid that otherwise will give no benefit when I could've been doing heroics and gotten 280-420 VP in the same amount of time?"

Happened to me all of last night when we killed Nef and Al'akir only to see none of the gear I wanted. A lot of our raid needs either the helm or shoulders (or both, even) for our tier set completion but if they don't drop for those people, we've basically wasted hours of time that we could have instead been getting VP capped from Heroics. The gear that we get from doing the older raids will help our progress in the current tier, but upgrades from VP would be a bigger gain so there's no point in going in unless there's an added incentive. This ties into your argument about how harder content should give bigger rewards. Zandalari heroics aren't hard at all. Not many will disagree with you on that point. My own opinion was that T11 (even post-nerf) is still harder and should reward us better than running a single heroic.

There was also the case of one advocator who's guild wasn't progressed enough to attempt Firelands. He had the same problem. "Why should I be trying to get my guild into BoT/BWD/Tot4W when we could be farming heroics for VP to get valor gear and get into the Firelands sooner?"

Again, we aren't asking for free gear. Just a reason to get the gear we already want instead of mindlessly spamming the Dungeon Finder for VP.
Edited by Dryarae on 7/19/2011 11:23 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]