Tier 11 Valor Point Hotfix

(Locked)

97 Worgen Death Knight
I will continue to tank and farm ZA/ZG knocking out all 7 of them in one night because half of the groups that run the older raids are so bad that I don't have 7-8 hours to kill for 25% of the valor I need to cap that week.

In short, this change doesn't do much, because people who are good will still valor cap in one day, and people who are bad will still fall short of their valor cap every week.
85 Draenei Paladin
I agree with you, Nemuraan. They keep making the game WAY to easy. First they added Dual Spec (which made it easier, but not too easy because of the cost), then they took away a couple zeroes and now noobs are running everywhere dual-specced not knowing how to play their class. They took away the rank system (I really enjoyed that, especially on Mages with their conjure food which they now moved to thirty-eight which is a load of bull). They constantly nerf our classes so that after you get a good style on it, it's near impossible to play the same way, even with a one-skill nerf. Blizzard needs to stop making it so easy for the incoming players, and make it more challenging to make it worthwhile to hit eighty-five. Not just another level eighty-five trying to do Heroics, and still not knowing what to do. Original through Early Lich King was the best times that I found, then they started screwing with it and messed it up a little TOO much. They need to revert it back to the old way, but, oh wait, they're just going to keep making it easier for everyone. If you think about it, the old way gave you a reward at the end. Your level sixty being able to do raids. Now you just run to eighty-five in three to four days with Heirlooms, and you think you can raid. Blizzard, revert it back to the old way. Most of us that started back in the original World of Warcraft feel the same way. The changes you have made are making the game way too easy, and not making it as fun as the original. Sure people'll complain, but the original through early Lich King made it worthwhile to hit the capped level. Mid Lich King through Cataclysm is making it too easy for everyone.
Edited by Burone on 7/20/2011 7:29 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I completely agree with this change. If you are giving VP for ZA/ZG, then 4.0 raid bosses should be able to give VP as well.

However, I do think that running ZA/ZG + 4.0 raid bosses alone should not be able to max out your VP.

I think the Firelands bosses VP should be seperate like it was back in 4.0; current content raiders deserve more for the hard work (and I'm not a current content raider).
85 Night Elf Warrior
07/20/2011 03:29 AMPosted by Gavan
I'll once again cite the Kael and Vash'j vials. If you couldn't kill Kael or Vash'j, You probably weren't going to do so hot on even Naj'entus.

I'm calling BS on this one. Naj and Frosty were infinitly easier than anything (next to loot reaver and maybe lol down below) in tier 5. Heck, they were easier than Mags pre-redesign.

Edit: Funny how this thread has evolved. Bash is going to have a good eye roll and laugh in the morning.

I hate going offtopic as well but even I'm calling BS on this as well.

The 1st 3 bosses in Hyjal and the 1st 4 bosses in BT all took less time total to figure out before my guild got Lady Vashj down in SSC. (Never got Kael down during BC and had to wait for attunement lifts)
I love the "too easy" whiners. Too easy? You're more than welcome to play a different game, Blizz won't miss you. The rest of us are still having fun. *thumbsup*

I'm glad they changed this back. It seemed to be the most popular consensus that running Za/Zg as much as needed was really beginning to wear thin on people, and I'm glad to know blizz could see that and understood that these players need an available break from Za/Zg (whether they take it or not, of course, still up to them)
See ya
85 Dwarf Paladin
Honestly, this seems like a terrible idea, i understand that people who can't yet do firelands need valor outside of ZA/ZG, but you have the Non-Zand Heroics, and with the nerfs to the regular T11 raids they were already pretty much free 359's. Blizz needs to revoke the 20% nerfs, because all they're doing is sort of hurting the more hardcore players in a sence, because now the more hardcore players who are out there grinding for they're valor and gear are being matched by casual players who just run raids that have been NERFED INTO THE GROUND to get they're valor
Edited by Arlun on 7/20/2011 7:43 AM PDT
90 Human Death Knight
Makes sense. Speaking for myself, I am already 'burnt-out' by running ZA/ZG so many times. I had recently came to the conclusion that running BoT, TO4W and BWD was pointless, since there was nothing left in there. However, now I can make an immediate about-face and do [above mentioned dungeons] all over again, as there are VP's invoolved.

See? They "do" listen...

/Gratz Blizz

now if you'll really go back to final fantasy...obviously your perspective in very short sighted...blizzard responds to players input in a positive manner and your ready to quit the game because you don't agree?
85 Worgen Death Knight
Thank you. This is so much better.
85 Night Elf Druid
ty blizz! <3 now i dont have to do zg/za over... and over... and over... and OVER... *faceplants into the desk* as long as you dont buff frost mages any more i will forever love you blizz :D
85 Night Elf Druid
07/20/2011 07:39 AMPosted by Arlun
Honestly, this seems like a terrible idea, i understand that people who can't yet do firelands need valor outside of ZA/ZG, but you have the Non-Zand Heroics, and with the nerfs to the regular T11 raids they were already pretty much free 359's. Blizz needs to revoke the 20% nerfs, because all they're doing is sort of hurting the more hardcore players in a sence, because now the more hardcore players who are out there grinding for they're valor and gear are being matched by casual players who just run raids that have been NERFED INTO THE GROUND to get they're valor

i agree with the no-nerf idea but come on... you cant tell me that you dont miss having a reason to get locked to tot4w/bwd/bot on a weekly basis. with t12 out they're worthless unless valor is awarded. you'll be complaining when the next raid content patch comes out and they nerf firelands, so just save your energy for the raid bosses and not blizz, they cant keep everyone happy.
Edited by Ashclaw on 7/20/2011 8:49 AM PDT
91 Blood Elf Death Knight
This is alot better. Thx Blizz
85 Night Elf Druid
Thank ya Blizz! :@
85 Tauren Paladin
07/20/2011 07:39 AMPosted by Arlun

Care to explain how the hardcore are being hurt? Hardcore can go out and there and clear the T11 in no time and get the valor if they want. The sense of entitlement by some of the children on these forums is obscene.
85 Draenei Shaman
I honestly don't see why players raiding firelands weekly and killing some bosses would actually complain about it. They'll get geared at a much faster pace since they'll be rewarded by loot dropped by FL bosses, which players not running them won't get and remain at the weekly VP cap.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]