Tier 11 Valor Point Hotfix

(Locked)

85 Troll Warlock
A big, big thank you to you guys for making this a reasonable alternative. All of the content you guys design is great but even the best content gets a little stale running it day after day. Being able to gather VP through raids is a welcome alternative that will simply promote raiding on the whole.

Thanks again.
90 Troll Priest
Can't tell you how happy this made me :]
90 Night Elf Rogue
What? Firelands badges for running 25% nerfed T11. WHAT?? NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Valor's allready too easy to get as it is. Well Blizzard, so much for "Current Tier of raiding is supposed to have challenge.". I guess you want every piece of content of be so easy /trade can pug it, because you listen to the people who don't want to improve and YOU want to sociallly engineer everyone to be bads.

I'm going back to Final Fantasy 11. Say what you will about Abyssea, at least SE's Devs know how to make content more accessable without sapping all the challenge from it.

dude, for 10 man, that's only 420 VP. that's 3 Zandalaris. I don't see that as unreasonable

and for any guilds that will actually still do 25 man, it's still only 540, which is less than 4 runs. not completely unreasonable

I think hes a troll trying to get some 3L171$7 j3r|<$ riled up
90 Troll Priest

dude, for 10 man, that's only 420 VP. that's 3 Zandalaris. I don't see that as unreasonable

and for any guilds that will actually still do 25 man, it's still only 540, which is less than 4 runs. not completely unreasonable

I think hes a troll trying to get some 3L171$7 j3r|<$ riled up

Yeah, looking at his gear and progression, I'm guessing he is
85 Undead Warlock
ok
- Technical Support
90 Blood Elf Hunter
This is quite a different setup than Wrath's tiered badge system, and I like it. Slightly older raids and random heroics generally equate to about the same amount of difficulty. You get a good group? You'll tear right through the place. You get a mediocre group? Expect a few wipes. Get a bad group? There may be some replacements tossed around, but you should still be able to finish if you're diligent.

I welcome this change with open arms. It really won't affect difficulty, although it should help prevent current content from feeling stale so quickly. You're free to run older raids one week and then grind a few heroics the next to cap your points.
Edited by Kodiack on 7/18/2011 8:18 PM PDT
80 Night Elf Priest
Much much welcomed change. Thank you.
90 Troll Shaman
At first I didn't think this change was needed, but then I read some of the arguments for it and started to think, hey, they have a point. I guess you started to feel the same way.

Hopefully it'll encourage people to do some more T11 runs. T11 was pretty fun, and it'd suck for it to be just a useless place no one ever goes.
85 Night Elf Druid
Very nice not having to turn purple running ZA/ZG. Thank you :)
71 Orc Warlock
Thank you so much.
90 Night Elf Druid
Why does any old content give current currency? Might as well get rid of JP and old gear.
Edited by Zosima on 7/18/2011 8:25 PM PDT
90 Draenei Paladin
Wow. I was (and still am) a staunch defender of the "older content shouldn't award the best rewards" but the constant whining won again. Oh well, it's 3 less zandalaris to run every week I guess...
85 Tauren Paladin

I'm going back to Final Fantasy 11. Say what you will about Abyssea, at least SE's Devs know how to make content more accessable without sapping all the challenge from it.

Don't let the doorknob hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Thank you for this change. =)
90 Gnome Warrior
07/18/2011 07:59 PMPosted by Gariss

Ha ha, oh wow.
1 Draenei Paladin
Thank you for this completely reasonable change, as I was getting tired of running the same two dungeons over and over and over just to get my valor on alts.
- Technical Support
90 Blood Elf Hunter
07/18/2011 08:26 PMPosted by Nemuraan
Wow. I was (and still am) a staunch defender of the "older content shouldn't award the best rewards" but the constant whining won again. Oh well, it's 3 less zandalaris to run every week I guess...

Well, Zandalari heroics are older content, and Wrath heroics awarded the best points (Frost Emblems) up until the end of the expansion. I don't have a problem with trivial expansion content awarding the best points possible, although they should definitely award the points at a lower rate, as is the case.
85 Night Elf Warrior
I like this change, but I think you went a bit too far in the opposite direction; it's now going to be just a little bit TOO easy to get VP.

I would have liked to see the raids treated like heroics are, with VP for clearing them and the bosses still dropping JP. 140 for BWD (because it's longer and harder), 70 for Throne and Bastion. That sounds reasonable and still provides a "carrot on a stick" to go there in a group, while there are still good upgrades to have.

Overall though I am happy for this. This toon needs to raid and I could still use some upgrades from T11, so I'm fully expecting to see some more PuG raids I can get into now that people have a reason other than just gear; let's face it like it or not VP is a very persuasive reason to do anything in this game.

One thing I propose though moving forward is this: When the next tier comes out, T11 should drop JP only, and Firelands (assuming it will be nerfed at that point like T11 was before it) should follow the same model of awarding VP, while T13 (War of the Ancients?) would offer more VP to enable one to cap by clearing that.
90 Pandaren Hunter
So, the nerf stays in place, and they give you the same as if you had done it on heroic? At least increase the amount given for a heroic kill or drop the amount for a regular kill. I see where they are going but 25% nerfed Cho'gal that gives valor and tier is kinda no bueno.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]