Tier 11 Valor Point Hotfix

(Locked)

70 Human Priest
so the raids of this expansion dont just die off. Its not like its a ton its 35 a boss thats not going to get you capped
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
well all i gotta say is 1 thing its nice in all but it just shows how easy it is to gear the baddies but in a way its good to gear my alts up
85 Night Elf Warrior
07/23/2011 05:02 PMPosted by Discness
so the raids of this expansion dont just die off. Its not like its a ton its 35 a boss thats not going to get you capped

Frankly, it would be nice if you clear all 3 raids, you do get capped.

But I can see that being an issue that you can get capped via an old raid (T11) for 10-man and yet can't get capped via a Firelands full clear.
90 Night Elf Druid
I really don't understand why some posters keep knocking this on the grounds that it diminishes their efforts. The F-lands aren't been nerfed, the drops from the bleeding edge content are still a badge of honor. Blizz isn't taking anything away. However, allowing vps to be gained from the older raids will keep those raids alive for those players who still need/want to run them. The most disturbing thing here is, that some forget, this is a game. One should get enjoyment and satisfaction from playing. It should never be a validation tool for an ego in search of a stroking.
85 Human Paladin
07/23/2011 06:27 PMPosted by Moonmandude
The most disturbing thing here is, that some forget, this is a game. One should get enjoyment and satisfaction from playing. It should never be a validation tool for an ego in search of a stroking.

hence why we need to give rewards for people to play the game?

I dont get it. if its a game go do t11 because you want to not because you need VP.

It's still just a game even if billy doesnt cap his VP this week.
90 Draenei Paladin
I haven't done much Cata raiding, but rewarding VP now in raids is excellent. Thank you so much!
12 Blood Elf Paladin
I support this. Crybaby "hardcore" raiders can suck it. The "flashy" items of helms and shoudler armor can only be earned with tokens form boss drops so they can still flaunt their epeens with those. They also get their "heroic" versions of drops so they can just falunt those too.

And if they still don't like it, they can cancel their subscriptions to show Blizzard their dissatisfaction. If you're still paying to play then obviously the changes dont bug you that much.
Edited by Jeslanda on 7/23/2011 9:36 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
As a member of a raiding guild on a slower raiding server, I really appreciate this hot fix. My guild is 2/2, 3/4, and 5/6 in the old raids, and have yet to get close to downing a firelands boss. This allows us to still get new gear, and keep up raiding without frustrating everyone at the lack of progress. A great fix, in my opinion, Thanks a bunch.
90 Undead Warrior
I dont see a problem in this i think its cool you people getting mad is stupid. They listened and responded so i like that. whats the difference people are not geared and smart enough to run 10/25 firelands yet anyway need to practice on BwD and BoT first.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'll be the odd one out here. I didn't manage to clear any of the t11 reg final bosses pre-nerf. But..I disagree with the change. I'd have liked to clear it pre-nerf..because, yeah, it would have meant more. That feeling that people have talked about where you work your butts off, wipe a million and ten times but then finally do get the boss down, rocks. Clearing it later..wasn't the same. That rewards be commiserate with the effort expended is a fair demand. If I had cleared those bosses pre-nerf..I wouldn't want everyone else to subsequently be able to get all the same rewards, for doing half the work.

So, now we sit with some people playing significantly better or more organized (or a combination of both) than most of us, precisely to be on the 'bleeding edge' as someone put it, of both content and rewards, downing not only Firelands bosses on reg, but also on hard modes...and one of the pertinent rewards for that..is valor points. And meanwhile..the rest of us don't even have to enter Firelands..to get the same reward. Admittedly, roles reversed..I'd be pissed. Wouldn't you?

Yeah yeah, there's the 378 gear thing, but..even that is somewhat dampended if you factor in trash/rep runs. Bragging rights as reward then? Hmm..well..maybe. But, that's not much exclusivity from the perspective of the people have downed Firelands bosses on heroic while we accumulate vp in t11 and 5mans...least, again, roles reversed..I'd not call that very fair, or particularly rewarding.

So..will I take full advantage of the ease with which I can get valor, you bet ya. Do I knock the 'hardcore' players for being pissed that I can get them so easily? No in the least. They're right. I shouldn't be able to get them so easily.

Grats to those who earned their vp the hard way.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I think it's an ok way for those of us who want some variety in our game to be able to gear this way. Having said that , i am definitely not asking for a phone in fight experience. But as far as having to sell your soul to a hardcore guild for hours and hours a week then being punished if a real life situation comes up screwing you out of VP,is just poop.I have a wife,kids,family and work so i don't have those hours and couldn't always guarantee a spot on my old server/guild. So what if things become a little more pug friendly? Best way to fix the ordeal in my humble opinion would be to maybe offer an exclusive badge for those who have completed the new raids but maybe didn't get the set piece they were hoping for. Maybe even an extra 140 vp past the cap or something. But i am pretty stoked about being able to gear my alts. The nerfed instances can still mess people up and wipe up groups, that will not change. Hell, the Lich King should offer 35 VPS lol. I think he is still harder than Cho'Gall. It could be that he is a badass and it could be that people think their gear is able to just deflect everything he throws but that is still a fun fight. Maybe we could get some of the older raids to have a special difficulty beyond heroic that scales with level and offers vp instead of leaving them in the cold for nostalgic purposes. I dunno though, i'm just some guy. Please do not take my post as a shot at any type of player, it is up to you how you spend your 15 bucks i say.
07/24/2011 09:47 AMPosted by Beatonnmee
I dont see a problem in this i think its cool you people getting mad is stupid. They listened and responded so i like that. whats the difference people are not geared and smart enough to run 10/25 firelands yet anyway need to practice on BwD and BoT first.

NO doubt, I have seen geared people get their asses kicked in GB and i have seen the group wipe in the Lich King battle.
90 Human Priest
07/18/2011 07:25 PMPosted by Houseofshame
Thank you for hearing our concerns and responding. It's nice to know that we're heard.

Amen to that!
85 Draenei Paladin
Yes thank you so much
42 Undead Rogue
07/23/2011 06:27 PMPosted by Moonmandude
I really don't understand why some posters keep knocking this on the grounds that it diminishes their efforts. The F-lands aren't been nerfed, the drops from the bleeding edge content are still a badge of honor. Blizz isn't taking anything away. However, allowing vps to be gained from the older raids will keep those raids alive for those players who still need/want to run them. The most disturbing thing here is, that some forget, this is a game. One should get enjoyment and satisfaction from playing. It should never be a validation tool for an ego in search of a stroking.
No, but they lowered the cap that you could get through raiding. Which makes zero sense at all. More challenging content should have a higher cap.
42 Undead Rogue

I agree but it still don't change that fact that blizzard listened to the majority and this will help the game overall

That was in no way the Majority....Just because there were more people screaming about it doesn't make it majority.

The majority are playing the game not caring...The people on the forums are a Vocal Minority. The people complaining are a vocal Minority of a Minority. This happens all the time. The people dissatisfied will be the ones who scream the loudest and by God I'm screaming right now. This is a Stupid change that will hurt the game in the long run. It makes the game more shallow and Cheap feeling....but then again all Plate DPS Tier Gear having the SAME EXACT STATS does that too.....
This. This is what blizzard needs to understand. Complainers are the loudest. They are in no way, shape or form, the majority. People that are happy don't run to the forums and say "Hey blizz! Good job current raids having a higher cap than running heroics everyday!" and then have 50 pages of posts with people stopping what they're doing to congratulate blizz.

Everytime someone gets jealous, upset, or just wants to rage against authority, then run to the forums because they know there are plenty of people like them that will gladly join in with "Yeah elitist/no-life having, I haz a job, I pay 15$ a month...etc. etc."

That doesn't make a majority. God forbid there's a system that gives you more the more you put in. I play to raid. I raid 3 times a week for 3 hours. That's 9 hours a week. There are below average players that barely raid that play that in a day. It doesn't require time. It requires understanding. And some people don't even want to do that. Everybody got what they wanted here. Almost. People got nerfed T11 content. Great. People got T11 bosses dropping VP. Okay. But lowering the cap through current content raiding just makes no sense. May as well get rid of JP's. There's more that you get VP from than JP.
Casuals who aren't the hard core raiders who have hours to spend doing them = Majority. I am not plugging either group but that is in fact who is the majority. Not all those casuals are bad players and not all the hardcore are elitist jackasses, but the casuals who cannot or will not put all those hours in per week to do the raids are at least 75% of the subscription base i bet. Why in the world would a billion dollar corporation only cater to the small portion of really hardcore raiders out there? Why not just do heroic raids and not worry how everyone else gets their gear? If they are bad, remove them from your group or teach them =). Hardcore is the minority and it's a long shot to get the rest of the community to play how you think they should. They are trying to balance it out to where the entire community can be satisfied, which isn't so wrong is it? And before you argue that it is try and remain objective and not go on a rant about how you think someone else should be able to gear. So what if they are easier and "Nubs" can get them now. Move on and do the heroic content for better gear and leave them behind. Flash that brightly colored heroic gear around the regulars lol. You'll be happy and they will be happy that they got SOME gear.
85 Night Elf Warrior
This. This is what blizzard needs to understand. Complainers are the loudest. They are in no way, shape or form, the majority. People that are happy don't run to the forums and say "Hey blizz! Good job current raids having a higher cap than running heroics everyday!" and then have 50 pages of posts with people stopping what they're doing to congratulate blizz.

If you honestly think Blizzard is making game changes based on feedback on the forum, I really don't know what to tell you.

And no, the raiders that is progressing is easily the minority here. They are, in no way, shape, or form, the majority. The number of servers where there is minimal if no PvE progression far outweight those that has an excellent PvE setting.
85 Undead Priest
NICE SHOES GIRLS
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]