Tier 11 Valor Point Hotfix

(Locked)

85 Human Mage
In my opinion they did great making it balenced, more valor but less from it so people arn't getting crazy amounts of valor from the old raids which require gear still to do them. great job blizz you really made this equal
90 Worgen Mage
they nerf'd the raids for people who are inexperienced and that feel they are at the point where they can't get any better, now those people may run those raids with an ILvL of 346 and be fine so preparation for firelands may be a little easier because of good drops and such. :) thank you very much blizzard !
85 Tauren Death Knight
Ok, I'm not a raider. I am geared for ZA/ZG, just don't do them. I also don't do the heroics. This is because I don't "know" the fights. I have some valor saved up, but I don't push for it. I grind honor, and that is about it.

Ok, character history over, on to point. Valor gear is supposed to be the best PvE gear in the game afaik, besides maybe drops from FL bosses. It is supposed to be getting you ready for the next set of content at the high levels. Justice is the secondary tier in this system, getting you ready for the current content. 5 man heroics, along with ZA/ZG, are NOT the endgame content right now, they should therefore NOT award the high end rewards. For instance, I grind honor, but I get conquest on occasion (25 a day due to random BG wins). That is all fine and dandy, but unless I do the actual "endgame" for PvP (arena and RBG), I'm not going to get the nice rewards, and definately not going to get the REALLY nice rewards from Glorious Conquest. This would be like saying I should ONLY have to do random BGs to get the Glorious Conquest rewards, which just isn't going to happen...ever...which is GOOD.

TL;DR
If you aren't doing the "endgame" content, you should NOT be getting "endgame" rewards.
Edited by Bodeath on 7/27/2011 6:12 AM PDT
85 Gnome Warrior
Im seriously not a fan of this gear reset, i liked it more when there were multiple badges to buy items with like in wrath, its too easy for noobs (not using the term insultingly, as it wasnt always an insult -_- ) to get to the level of raiders that have been progressing for a couple months before the new patch.
Edited by Littleriot on 7/27/2011 6:36 AM PDT
85 Human Paladin
its too easy for noobs to get to the level of raiders that have been progressing for a couple months before the new patch.

little one...it's actually not.

its easy for their gear to get to that level.

which creates the following problem: "noobs are amongst us. we must make forever higher gear requirements to try to weed them out".

now...gear is the one equal thing, and gear is also the only thing you can determnie skill based on along with achievement history. Soooo extreme requirements start being imposed in a desperate attempt to weed out the noobs.

and you end up with 365+ achi requriements for a raid tuned for 346. simply because noobs are amongst us so we have to.
85 Gnome Warrior
I suppose I have to agree with that.... Just doesnt seem right to me, there should be some middle ground. You're either raiding hardcore, or extremely casual/not at all.
85 Human Paladin
well problem with "should" is that someone has to make it. and the extremes are more appealing than the middle. :)

at 13 hours/week and only 7/7 normal I guess I'm middle of the ground or slightly ahead of it.

since highest guild is H7/7 and lowest guild is N0/7 and i'm N7/7 H0/7 I guess i'm th middle, yes? :)
85 Night Elf Warrior

TL;DR
If you aren't doing the "endgame" content, you should NOT be getting "endgame" rewards.

I don't see me getting "endgame" rewards unless you are referring to my helm, which I got a few days ago.

Right now, Valor Points to me is like Conquest Points to you. We both only get a certain amount per day/week.

However, since this game is focused on PvE a lot more than PvP, it's not hard to find out I ended up getting more on average on a day-by-day ratio than you do.

And, sorry, but Valor gear is not "endgame rewards" anymore. You people still has the BC mindset when Blizzard is long out of it. Once you get that understood, this "issue" will make much more sense.

Blizzard isn't going back to BC mentality. Look at what they did in the past 3-4 years. I have yet seen any patch that says, "Oh dear. The game is now harder than it was before."
90 Undead Hunter
The squeaky wheel got the grease.
85 Undead Priest
LOL! BYE!
90 Human Warrior
07/18/2011 08:24 PMPosted by Zosima
Why does any old content give current currency? Might as well get rid of JP and old gear.

You and anyone else that thinks like this aren't that bright; people that put the time in to raid are going to win hands down in the long run, there are a multitude of items only available to those who put in the time to raid; while the non raiders will, in the end be relegated to ZA/JP/VP/Vendor items, they will not be able to fill out a full set before the raiders.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
right..
90 Gnome Death Knight
It takes a month to get the 2-3 pieces of valor gear while people that do firelands actually get 378's as drops...
If you get gear faster than others (unless you expect us to believe clearing 3+/7 every week you didn't get loot once) then why complain?
Edited by Cleotehdk on 7/27/2011 12:08 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I like this idea alot, but alot of people aren't reading this too well, The cap is still the same! all this did is give you a little more variety instead of just running ZA/ZG over and over and over. Thats the only difference and its a good idea it makes it feel a little less like just a constant grind and you can have more fun with it.
85 Tauren Warrior
well problem with "should" is that someone has to make it. and the extremes are more appealing than the middle. :)

at 13 hours/week and only 7/7 normal I guess I'm middle of the ground or slightly ahead of it.

since highest guild is H7/7 and lowest guild is N0/7 and i'm N7/7 H0/7 I guess i'm th middle, yes? :)

You're not taking into account the number of people below you.

Being in the middle on the content progression, does not mean you are an average player. Not by a long shot.
85 Human Warlock
I originally protested the lack of Valor points and was very pleased to see that our criticism was taken into consideration.

Not being required to grind only Zandalari/Heroic Dungeons until my raid group is capable of downing 7/7 is a great improvement to quality of life.

Thanks!
Edited by Metalock on 7/27/2011 9:01 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
rar
It takes a month to get the 2-3 pieces of valor gear while people that do firelands actually get 378's as drops...
If you get gear faster than others (unless you expect us to believe clearing 3+/7 every week you didn't get loot once) then why complain?

The problem is, raiders only get their three pieces of tier from VP (or, if you're lucky, BH). The VP gear, especially with the new option of upgrading them to heroic, will mean many of the offpieces will (eventually) be their BiS. And yet, the valor cap exists the same for me as it does for you. In other words, until you've been farming VPs for months, there is very little difference between casual and hardcore players gear wise.

So, I have to spend probably 6050 VP just for my 3 tier pieces which I CANNOT GET IN FIRELANDS, a commitment of a month and a half, to get the same exact thing casuals do, at the same rate. Hell, I've picked up a heroic token for my legs already which is sitting in my bags because I can't buy my normal legs yet.

If the current tier's raid's VPs did not count towards the VP cap, I'd be fine with that. But of course, then the casuals would whinge that I'm getting 980 VP + 840 from a 7/7 Firelands and gearing up more quickly then they are. Keep the 980 cap, and if hardcore raiders want to do 7 extra ZA/ZGs, they'll do it on top of their raids to get the extra points, if they're really hardcore.
85 Worgen Warrior
Thank you Blizzard for listening to our comments and doing something about it.
It's nice to know that you take our ideas into consideration
85 Tauren Druid
Everyone's wooting...

Do you people realize that you get 210 VP for a full clear of 10 BWD, and 140 for finishing a 5 man ZA/ZG?

This isn't a compromise, this is a placebo.

Which is harder? Clearing BWD (even with the nerf) or doing two ZA/ZG runs?

If you're doing a T11 raid this week, it's NOT for the VP. It's for the OS/alt gear.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]