Tier 11 Valor Point Hotfix

(Locked)

100 Undead Warlock
This is a nice change. I'm glad to see this done. Even though it's not "current" content, it's not like those of us not in heroic gear can just faceroll through them.
90 Human Death Knight
This will be a nice change without a doubt. Just speaking for myself, not having to run the same heroics and troll dungeons that we have been in since Cata came out, will be nice.
85 Gnome Warrior

It's honestly not fun running a million ZG/ZA to cap out each week if you don't down enough FL bosses.

7 != 1,000,000
85 Tauren Druid
07/18/2011 08:35 PMPosted by Idontknowyou
So, the nerf stays in place, and they give you the same as if you had done it on heroic? At least increase the amount given for a heroic kill or drop the amount for a regular kill. I see where they are going but 25% nerfed Cho'gal that gives valor and tier is kinda no bueno.

Full clearing ALL 3 t11 raids gives you a whopping 420 VP, which is equal to 3, count that 3 Troll Heroics.
85 Goblin Death Knight
Funny how 98% of the people that have posted to this and agree with this change have no decent raid gear or any hardships completed.
91 Night Elf Rogue
I can see why some people in middle-end (4/7-7/7 no heroic) ranked guilds will oppose this it makes there work a little less trivial but at the current moment so few are at that point. The high-end wont care because there getting heroic gear and this will not effect there 3117 status one bit, but the low rank 2/7 and under will get a huge boost this will make it allot easier for people with have multiple alts and need the few extra to cap out! and those people are the majority!
90 Pandaren Shaman

It's honestly not fun running a million ZG/ZA to cap out each week if you don't down enough FL bosses.

7 != 1,000,000

Maybe his LFD groups only have a 0.007% success rate.
20 Gnome Warrior
lol, they caved again. Can't say its all that surprising considering ZA/ZG was rewarding VP while 10/25 raids (nerfed to oblivion) weren't. Should have pulled VP from the 5-mans altogether, but whatever.
Edited by Gearbolt on 7/18/2011 8:47 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you for this change, I am not a cutting edge raider but I play to raid. The feeling of having to due 5mans to reach cap was very bothersome. Thanks again and keep up the good work.

People against this fix, stop drinking haterade.
85 Tauren Warrior
One thing I propose though moving forward is this: When the next tier comes out, T11 should drop JP only, and Firelands (assuming it will be nerfed at that point like T11 was before it) should follow the same model of awarding VP, while T13 (War of the Ancients?) would offer more VP to enable one to cap by clearing that.

This is one of the points several of us have been supporting, but think of it as a 3 tiered approach.

Release content (tier 1 heroics and tier 11 raids) yield 25%
First major patch content (ZG/ZA and Firelands in this case) yield 50%
Second major patch (Next set of 5s and next raid) yield 100%

If there is a third, the release content yields 0-10% depending on the thought process they want to go with. They appear to be on track for something like that, and were on track for it with the tier 11 heroics. I think the issue is that no one is really doing them, and focusing on getting the 359 holes filled in the normals before moving on.

The next issue, depending on how the next couple of weeks pan out, is that only about 20-25% of the raiding guilds that killed anything in tier 11 normal, have killed anything in the Firelands yet. There are multiple schools of thought on why this is, but it breaks down to people just not moving into the newer content. Since there really is a minimal carrot to raiding tier 12 atm, the only people really pushing into it are the ones that love raiding. Which is proving to be a very very small portion of the assumed playerbase on the trackable servers.
85 Gnome Warrior
Thank you for this change, I am not a cutting edge raider but I play to raid. The feeling of having to due 5mans to reach cap was very bothersome. Thanks again and keep up the good work.

People against this fix, stop drinking haterade.

FYI, 10 man full clear (12/12) will yield 420 VP and 25 man full clear (12/12) will yield 540 VP, you're still going to have to do some heroics (4 ZA/ZG heroics for 10 man, 3 ZA/ZG + 1 normal heroic for 25 man (or just 4 ZA/ZG heroics))

This isn't as big of a change as you might think.
80 Night Elf Priest
FYI, 10 man full clear (12/12) will yield 420 VP and 25 man full clear (12/12) will yield 540 VP, you're still going to have to do some heroics (4 ZA/ZG heroics for 10 man, 3 ZA/ZG + 1 normal heroic for 25 man (or just 4 ZA/ZG heroics))

You can get 420 vp in normal heroics. Then you can get 420 VP via t11. This means you don't have to do ZA/ZG and I am glad for it.
90 Draenei Death Knight
ok seriously, i dont normally post but on this topic i am going to. yea call it nerd rage or w/e floats your trolls boats how ever i am pretty sure a high population of the wow community will agree with me on this statement.I think it is complete bull#*!* that wow 95% of the time always answers the huge crys from the little kids who always make the excuse of "im only a semi hardcore raiding guild so we dont down bosses as fast" or "i only have a limited time that i can spend playing and i should be able to also get my vp caps and obtain the best gear in the game just as much as anyone else"now for my "nerd rage" no sir, you do not deserve to have stuff handed to you over the people who accually put time and effort into doing it. If your a "semi-hardcore" raider and you cant VP cap by the end of the week then you sir are a pathetic gamer and dont deserve to call yourself one. I am a semi hardcore raider, we only raid 2 nights a week sometimes 1 night a week for only 3 hours each raid night. we dont have problems working on our bosses, plus BH give you depending how good your guild is, anywhere from needing 2-4 troll runs max, and you are telling me that you cant get that within a 7 day period?"i dont have the time to spend many hours raiding i should have just as much right to get the high end gear as anyone else" no sir, you do not. if your playing a MMO and you want to do raiding and you cant put time into it, then guess what, you shouldnt be entitled to anything, go PvP, go run 5 mans, or set at least 1 day that you can spend in a raid each week. if you cant do it then maybe you should really play a different game, go play runescape or something.complaining that you cant vp cap each week is seriously a joke. when they first introduced the valor and justice point system it use to be the only way to get it is the fact that you got it from raids only and your 1 daily heroic each day. they have now given you the option to troll random or heroic random 7 times for VP repeatedly in 1 day, you can litterally VP cap in 1 day of game play, they have already given you this and you still complain? and blizzard really? you give in that crying? and here you guys sit on your offices and you cant understand why you have lost over 65,000 subscribers that one month? i mean really? honestly in my personal opinion which again is mine alone and if anyone feels they agree with me hey more power to you if you dont agree with me im sure i will see your trolls cause thats what your best at, but put your god damn foot down blizzard, go back to how this buisness use to be ran when you first released this game, and make it challanging to people again. If they cant handle it then they need to learn the game more properly cause nothing is more annoying then when you get a pug group together on an alt, and you get a member in your raid who has the achievment and has more then enough gear needed and your sitting there wondering how hes dpsing just as much as most classes god damn auto attack for!! stop handing out free gear already. thats all i have to say on this topic, to all the trollers, kiss my ass, to all the people who agree with me, piss off also, grow a pair and start voiceing your opinions rather then sitting in your guild vents complaining to your guild members about it and stop letting these little whine asses ruin our game that we have come to love and enjoy
90 Draenei Paladin
07/18/2011 08:31 PMPosted by Kodiack
Well, Zandalari heroics are older content

Except the zandalaris themselves don't award valor. Using the Dungeon Finder does. It's the tool, not the content that's giving you valor.
i support this change, solely for forum entertainment value.

the valor point cap didnt change any, they arent easier to get than before, yet i bet theres a TON of people who are going to go off the hook about this.
85 Gnome Warrior

You can get 420 vp in normal heroics. Then you can get 420 VP via t11. This means you don't have to do ZA/ZG and I am glad for it.

Weekly Cap is 980, you can get 420 VP from doing T11 raids (not many 25 man PuGs), that leaves 560 VP left to gain. You can only gain 490 VP from normal heroics. You're going to come up 70 short, you will have to do at least 1 ZA/ZG heroic, sorry. :(
20 Gnome Warrior
Worst wall of text ever. My internet just explo...
90 Draenei Death Knight
yea sorry i originally had it spacced better on the other fourm i posted when i copied pasted here it didnt space out fail wall of text crit, but for those who accually read it my point remains the same -_-
85 Draenei Priest
Options other than ZA/ZG? Is it my birthday??
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]