Tier 11 Valor Point Hotfix

(Locked)

85 Worgen Rogue
Great change! Just like everyone else in this thread, running old heroics, new heroics, FL & BH just gets old every week. But now we can get back to the content we ran every week for the last 6 month to keep it all fresh. Keep up the good work...

Then don't go back. I'm not quite sure what you want them to do here. Do you want them to just make every firelands boss reward 980VP?
85 Goblin Death Knight
Great change! Just like everyone else in this thread, running old heroics, new heroics, FL & BH just gets old every week. But now we can get back to the content we ran every week for the last 6 month to keep it all fresh. Keep up the good work...

Then don't go back. I'm not quite sure what you want them to do here. Do you want them to just make every firelands boss reward 980VP?

I would just like the most efficient way to get Valor to actually be the current level or raiding that awards gear equal to the gear Valor Points reward, not Trivial Content that has already had its limelight.

EDIT: This was not a complaint in Wrath and it was the exact same system in Wrath...New content came out, the Old Raid Badge became the Heroic/Old Content badge. If you don't want a challenge, I suggest you go play Farmville or Uno and leave actual Video Games to people who want something more from them.
Edited by Attilian on 7/18/2011 10:13 PM PDT
91 Night Elf Rogue
07/18/2011 09:38 PMPosted by Attilian

Dont have to. They listen to the majority. I repeat:

YOU LOSE.

Please stop hiding behind a forum alt. I at least have the gall to post my opinion on one of my more geared characters. I ask you to please do the same.

I agree but it still don't change that fact that blizzard listened to the majority and this will help the game overall
85 Goblin Death Knight

Please stop hiding behind a forum alt. I at least have the gall to post my opinion on one of my more geared characters. I ask you to please do the same.

I agree but it still don't change that fact that blizzard listened to the majority and this will help the game overall

That was in no way the Majority....Just because there were more people screaming about it doesn't make it majority.

The majority are playing the game not caring...The people on the forums are a Vocal Minority. The people complaining are a vocal Minority of a Minority. This happens all the time. The people dissatisfied will be the ones who scream the loudest and by God I'm screaming right now. This is a Stupid change that will hurt the game in the long run. It makes the game more shallow and Cheap feeling....but then again all Plate DPS Tier Gear having the SAME EXACT STATS does that too.....
90 Draenei Paladin
Thank you so very very much <3
90 Blood Elf Priest
I welcome the change from needing to farm trolls for hours...although the number of badges given is kinda weak, but w/e
85 Human Paladin
Why would anyone disagree with other players getting gear, especially if you're way ahead in content. What do I care if other players are able to get gear I had last patch?

Find something meaningful to %*@*@ about and stop being elitist jerks on a video game, go pick on your younger siblings or something.
85 Goblin Death Knight
Why would anyone disagree with other players getting gear, especially if you're way ahead in content. What do I care if other players are able to get gear I had last patch?

Find something meaningful to %*@*@ about and stop being elitist jerks on a video game, go pick on your younger siblings or something.

Because its not gear that I was able to get last patch...Its Current Content Gear...If they want Current Content Gear, they should*GASP* DO CURRENT CONTENT! I'm not being elitist. I'm being practical. Its not logical or practical to give the best rewards for trivial Content.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Sigh. I really don't want to feel pressured into running T11 again and again and again ad nauseum by guild mates. It's already bad enough.

Maybe just scrap VP earning entirely and get 980 VP every week you log in for? That'll amount to pretty much the same thing VP is now, except without having a crushing uphill grind no matter how you go about getting it.
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I agree, this is not making it to easy, all it is doing is opening up more options so that things do not have to be repeated over and over and over, it makes things less boring and less repetitive.
85 Goblin Death Knight

Sigh. I really don't want to feel pressured into running T11 again and again and again ad nauseum by guild mates. It's already bad enough.

Maybe just scrap VP earning entirely and get 980 VP every week you log in for? That'll amount to pretty much the same thing VP is now, except without having a crushing uphill grind no matter how you go about getting it.

Exactly. ZA/ZG is so laughably easy to anyone who has basic raid awareness and T11 is an even bigger joke than them now. I'm fine with being able to earn partial rewards form Old Content but You should not be able to come anywhere near cap without stepping foot in at least normal mode for the current Raid tier. That's like rewarding Conquest for Pre-85 Random BGs. Blizzard doesn't care about the quality of the raid anymore. That's obvious in how lazy itemization was this tier...and its becoming even more obvious with how they're just throwing Valor Points at people now. I didn't get Conquest Emblems form Doing Naxx, Sarth and Maly back in Wrath and I don't expect to get Valor from doing BWD, BoT, and Throne....
85 Human Paladin

Because its not gear that I was able to get last patch...Its Current Content Gear...If they want Current Content Gear, they should*GASP* DO CURRENT CONTENT! I'm not being elitist. I'm being practical. Its not logical or practical to give the best rewards for trivial Content.

Again, how does that effect your individual game play? No one is going to make you run tier 11 content if you don't want to. If you want to get all of your valor points from Firelands that's fine.

You can do guild runs and therefore bypass all of the "casual baddies" that will now have teir 12 gear. So I ask again, how does this effect your individual game play?
85 Goblin Death Knight

Again, how does that effect your individual game play? No one is going to make you run tier 11 content if you don't want to. If you want to get all of your valor points from Firelands that's fine.

You can do guild runs and therefore bypass all of the "casual baddies" that will now have teir 12 gear. So I ask again, how does this effect your individual game play?

It cheapens the value of the hardwork that is done and please don't use the term Casual Baddies. Casual ≠ bad. I'm casual but I am not bad. My guild hasn't cleared Firelands...nowhere near it because we aren't hardcore but you know what, that's fine....I still don't think that it should be possible to cap your Valor from just 5 mans. It cheapens the experience of doing high level stuff. It makes it feel less valuable. It effects raid morale to see people in the same gear as you while they do things that are a fraction of the difficulty. Its not healthy for the game.

Like I said, I don't mind Valor coming from 5 mans and old content as a supplement to current raid content but as of now it is the fastest and least stressful and time consuming way to get Valor Badges and this is bad.

EDIT for spelling and this

Its not good design to give the best rewards for the easiest content. Its just not. Its like a kid telling you that the South Won the Civil War and telling him Good job and Giving him a C for trying. That kid was wrong, he should not be rewarded for "Trying" he should be told to try harder to achieve the C. Basically The Baddies are telling blizzard "T12 is hard" and blizzard is like "That's okay, we'll give you the gear anyway."

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, Feed him for a lifetime." Instead of giving the people gear, Blizzard should be more focused on how to make the playerbase better....and that means making lower level things less trivial honestly. Make CC and group Coordination a must after lvl 30 in Dungeons. Make Mechanics matter again in all levels of play. That's what it takes to make this playerbase better. There will be attrition but after its all said and done, the ones that remain will be a much better community and a stronger game to attract more people back to the game possibly.
Edited by Attilian on 7/18/2011 10:43 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Thank you this will help curb off the pressure of having to squeeze in the seven heroics after having ran a BoT/BWD.
90 Draenei Death Knight
Due to some recent player feedback we’ve made the decision to implement a hotfix that will put Valor Points back on the bosses in Blackwing Descent, Bastion of Twilight, and Throne of the Four Winds (except Argoloth).

We agreed that players should have some additional options for earning Valor Points beyond Firelands, Zandalari dungeons, and tier 11 Heroic difficulty raids. We don’t want raiding guilds to feel like they have to raid Firelands AND the old raids every week, but we do want players to feel like they have some options besides running ZA/ZG over and over.

Bosses in these raids will award 35 VP on 10-player normal difficulty, and 45 VP on 25-player normal difficulty, to match the rewards currently offered for the Heroic versions of those encounters.

This change should be live within the next few hours. You can stay informed about the latest hotfixes by checking the Patch 4.2 Hotfixes article for updates: [url]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3019413[/url]

Awesome! Great decision, Blizz!
85 Human Warrior
i wont say thank you- because this is half ass- it takes more effort to put a raid together then it does to run a za/zg (which are full of tards anyways) so we should get more then just 35 for 10m, but what can i expect- bliz has just been one disappointment after another this xpac
85 Goblin Death Knight
07/18/2011 10:44 PMPosted by Svik
i wont say thank you- because this is half ass- it takes more effort to put a raid together then it does to run a za/zg (which are full of tards anyways) so we should get more then just 35 for 10m, but what can i expect- bliz has just been one disappointment after another this xpac

But this is wrong, ZA/ZG should not reward 140....and T11 should not reward any at all. ZA/ZG should be folded into "cata Heroics" and also reward 70 with the rest of them...They should work like Wrath Heroics did and you just can't be put into a group for them till you meet the ilvl requirement.
91 Night Elf Rogue

It cheapens the value of the hardwork that is done and please don't use the term Casual Baddies. Casual ≠ bad. I'm casual but I am not bad. My guild hasn't cleared Firelands...nowhere near it because we aren't hardcore but you know what, that's fine....I still don't think that it should be possible to cap your Valor from just 5 mans. It cheapens the experience of doing high level stuff. It makes it feel less valuable. It effects raid morale to see people in the same gear as you while they do things that are a fraction of the difficulty. Its not healthy for the game.

Lik I said, I don't mind Valor coming from 5 mans and old content as a supplement to current raid content but as of now it is the fastest and least stressful and time consuming way to get Valor Badges and this is bad.

This is a perfect example of my previous comment, you fall into that group of people at mid raid level this change does cheapen your hard work, and it makes what you are doing seem not worthwhile, but the people who are HM wont care because they are getting heroic gear and the low end will be happy because they are getting gear. No way around it its just how it is.... its already easy to get VP this will change nothing overall except make a few million people happy at the expense the few who will soon graduate from this level of content
90 Night Elf Druid
07/18/2011 10:23 PMPosted by Attilian

Until Blizzard stops giving current content gear for face rolling five mans, this change is nothing lower and it still requires more effort on part of players instead of just hitting a button and having a group formed for you.

I totally believe that the amount of VP being tossed at non-raiders is at a ridiculously high level that offers an addition gearing path for five man players that raiders dont get. Those that raid got their point cap nerfed for gear that they rely on to progress while those who just do the same old five mans that are easily out geared in the previous contents gear are getting rewarded even better gear with no step up in challenge and actually having their content relatively nerfed because of such.

It is not about helping those who want to raid or have an alt to catch up, it is just there as a bigger carrot on a stick to keep those who put the minimum in to occupy themselves with mindless content and keep they playing without making new content.
85 Goblin Death Knight

Until Blizzard stops giving current content gear for face rolling five mans, this change is nothing lower and it still requires more effort on part of players instead of just hitting a button and having a group formed for you.

I totally believe that the amount of VP being tossed at non-raiders is at a ridiculously high level that offers an addition gearing path for five man players that raiders dont get. Those that raid got their point cap nerfed for gear that they rely on to progress while those who just do the same old five mans that are easily out geared in the previous contents gear are getting rewarded even better gear with no step up in challenge and actually having their content relatively nerfed because of such.

It is not about helping those who want to raid or have an alt to catch up, it is just there as a bigger carrot on a stick to keep those who put the minimum in to occupy themselves with mindless content and keep they playing without making new content.

and this is exactly the problem I have with it. Valor Points don't reward raiders at all...The best way to cap your valor out is to do BoT/BWD/Throne and then hit up ZA/ZG a few times....That is completely the wrong way to do this. I'm not saying that they should take that supplement away...Its been in the game since BC..I'm saying that it shouldn't be allowed to be the main way of gearing up through VP. Honestly I think the way it should go is

Current Heroic Raiding Tier:
Full Clear = Valor Cap

Current Normal Raiding Tier:
Full clear = 3/4 Capped

Last heroic Raiding Tier:
Full Clear = Half Capped

Last Normal Raiding Tier + all Heroics
Full Clear of Raiding Tier = 1/4 capped
7 Runs of Heroics a week = 1/4 Capped

That's how it should work. It makes Heroic Raiding the best route to getting capped and just falls from that.

EDIT for Formatting
Edited by Attilian on 7/18/2011 10:55 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]