Actions for Recent Realm Disruptions

(Locked)

Community Manager
We recently monitored a situation where a large number of players intentionally disrupted access to multiple realms by gathering together and mass-spamming game emotes. In some cases, individual players spammed an emote upwards of 30,000 times.

As a result, some accounts found to be active participants in this activity were permanently banned. Upon further review, we have made the determination to reduce some of these permanent bans to temporary suspensions. We’re currently in the process of identifying all offenders who acted to purposefully disrupt game service and will administer proper action to each participating account.

We’re dedicated to providing a fun, stable, reliable gameplay environment for our players. Accountholders who intentionally participate in events that contribute to realm instability will be subject to significant account actions, up to and including a permanent vacation from the game.

Please keep discussions related to this action within this thread. Related discussions outside of this thread will be locked, deleted, and/or fed to Murlocs.

Have fun and please remember to play responsibly.
Edited by Bashiok on 7/19/2011 1:48 AM PDT
2 Goblin Hunter
FARST!
90 Human Priest
Good job, now please take action against the anal spam that still pops up on /trade.
85 Night Elf Warrior
Glad to hear it, keep up the good work.

07/18/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Bashiok
and/or fed to Murlocs

I just want to reinforce this. I have had a Murloc bite me before...it is NOT FUN!
Edited by Venour on 7/18/2011 10:14 PM PDT
80 Undead Mage
Very happy he got unbanned, whether he meant to or not he spent alot of time on his character and i'm sure he won't be doing anything like that again.
85 Dwarf Warrior
If his account was downgraded to a temporary punishment, I believe it is greatly appreciated. Very fair decision in my opinion, thank you.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
4.2 is lacking in content. Just saying

And btw, its nice to see some justice for those on Darkspear. I can't imagine trying to play through that.

Moreover, it augments the argument against Blizzard's ethics and integrity. I wasn't listening to the arguments, but apparently, it was an issue.
Edited by Attelia on 7/18/2011 10:13 PM PDT
85 Gnome Warrior
I love you, keep up the work.
GJ Blizz - I know you are in a tough spot.
Edited by Hoernbeme on 7/18/2011 10:13 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock
Greifing is one of the most fun parts of anything you do online, it was bound to happen.

Temp is fine, they did a hostile action, but in doing so, they pointed out a flaw in your system, you should fix it.
85 Tauren Paladin
As long as Swifty or any e-star will get a proper punishment I am perfectly fine with it.

Special treatment and double standards is never a way to do things.
Edited by Magnijung on 7/18/2011 10:14 PM PDT
48 Human Paladin
good explanation, and fair.
Edited by Tiber on 7/18/2011 10:13 PM PDT
85 Dwarf Paladin
Thank You.
85 Dwarf Mage
07/18/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Bashiok
intentionally disrupted

hrmm....

Edit:
07/18/2011 10:17 PMPosted by Bashiok
If by diligently they mean their community manager texted me after we had already begun the process to reverse the ban and contact those involved, then yes, they were a big help. ;)

^this!
Edited by Gothwrainn on 7/18/2011 10:33 PM PDT
85 Gnome Rogue
I'm sure many of us are watching closely to exactly how this is handled in the following days/weeks.
86 Human Death Knight
Woot got its own sticky
Bashiok, will you please comment on what Razers participation was in regards to getting certain members unbanned? They clearly said on their facebook page that they were working diligently with Blizzard to do that.
90 Undead Warlock
Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully this course of action includes those who attacked Darkspear today.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]