Actions for Recent Realm Disruptions

(Locked)

70 Orc Shaman
07/18/2011 10:19 PMPosted by Ridoeth
He has to type, otherwise we'll never get the word out that, while the incident today involving the server crashing was a big issue, ultimately 4.2 was lacking in content.

Quickly! Alert the media!
07/18/2011 10:17 PMPosted by Bashiok
Bashiok, will you please comment on what Razers participation was in regards to getting certain members unbanned? They clearly said on their facebook page that they were working diligently with Blizzard to do that.

If by diligently they mean their community manager texted me after we had already begun the process to reverse the ban and contact those involved, then yes, they were a big help. ;)

Thank you for clarifying Blizzards integrity on the issue, I'm sure a lot of people who were on the fence about continuing to support Blizzard after what some of us view as a double standard can now make a mature decision.
48 Human Paladin
I think it shows fair judgement to punish the ones directly responsible for the actions taken IN THE GAME, WITH THEIR CHARACTERS, and use restraint in prosecuting the actions of someone who "could have" stopped the event from OUTSIDE the game. banning Swifty would have been like bombing poland for not invading germany as they built their military before WW2.
35 Tauren Hunter
07/18/2011 10:20 PMPosted by Cyberweasel
While an exception was made in this case,

If by diligently they mean their community manager texted me after we had already begun the process to reverse the ban and contact those involved, then yes, they were a big help. ;)

From the sounds of it, Razer pressured you all to make an "exception" in this case.

As has been said, there are now two sets of rules in this game. One for those who can afford to pay Blizzard off, and one for the rest of us.

This is why my sub has been cancelled. Grats Blizz.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Very disappointed in this decision... there are now two sets of rules... one for certain types of players and one for the rest of us.
Account cancelled.

good riddance. see you in a week

I disagree, i don't know whether ill be cancelling since i know some justice is being served, but taebok has reason to feel as he does, and i don't think he'll be back in a week.
22 Blood Elf Hunter
We recently monitored a situation where a large number of players intentionally disrupted access to multiple realms by gathering together and mass-spamming game emotes. In some cases, individual players spammed an emote upwards of 30,000 times.

As a result, some accounts found to be active participants in this activity were permanently banned. Upon further review, we have made the determination to reduce some of these permanent bans to temporary suspensions. We’re currently in the process of identifying all offenders who acted to purposefully disrupt game service and will administer proper action to each participating account.

We’re dedicated to providing a fun, stable, reliable gameplay environment for our players. While an exception was made in this case, accountholders who intentionally participate in events that contribute to realm instability will be subject to significant account actions, up to and including a permanent vacation from the game.

Please keep discussions related to this action within this thread. Related discussions outside of this thread will be locked, deleted, and/or fed to Murlocs.

Have fun and please remember to play responsibly.

So you acknowledge this was intentional crashing of servers, ban the guy that started it but then unban him without giving the playerbase a reason and then have the stones to say anyone caught doing this "will be subject to significant account actions, up to and including a permanent vacation from the game.".

07/18/2011 10:16 PMPosted by Taebok
While an exception was made in this case

Very disappointed in this decision... there are now two sets of rules... one for certain types of players and one for the rest of us.
Account cancelled.
Oh, this goes without saying. My sub is cancelled and I won't be resubscribing once it expires without some really good reason (like my roommates suddenly wanting to play, which seems unlikely, or the simultaneous removal of the daily cap and introduction of an appearance tab, which will at least give me something fun to do). Fortunately I have some time left on it, so I can transfer my GM responsibilities and such to my officers or RLs, and not have to worry about leaving anyone in the lurch.

Of course, I'll be here until my time runs out lobbying for stuff that will benefit the players that succeed me, since why not.
95 Blood Elf Paladin
07/18/2011 10:21 PMPosted by Sundae
Kobe Bryant,
That name even smells bad.

And LA couldn't love him more.
100 Undead Priest

We’re dedicated to providing a fun, stable, reliable gameplay environment for our players.

No opinion on Swifty's ban, but I hope this is your number one priority at all times.
I fear that Blizzard will have to go with a full blown apology/ front page article / press release to clear the air on this situation.

They are treading on very thin ice with this in regards to some people.

I thought this Swifty character needed to stay banned due to the 'facts' I was presented, but who am I to make that call?

I won't be canceling my account either way, however.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
TBI
I say a temp ban for the people participating would of been good, and than no one would ever talk about this again.
48 Human Paladin
We recently monitored a situation where a large number of players intentionally disrupted access to multiple realms by gathering together and mass-spamming game emotes. In some cases, individual players spammed an emote upwards of 30,000 times.

As a result, some accounts found to be active participants in this activity were permanently banned. Upon further review, we have made the determination to reduce some of these permanent bans to temporary suspensions. We’re currently in the process of identifying all offenders who acted to purposefully disrupt game service and will administer proper action to each participating account.

We’re dedicated to providing a fun, stable, reliable gameplay environment for our players. While an exception was made in this case, accountholders who intentionally participate in events that contribute to realm instability will be subject to significant account actions, up to and including a permanent vacation from the game.

Please keep discussions related to this action within this thread. Related discussions outside of this thread will be locked, deleted, and/or fed to Murlocs.

Have fun and please remember to play responsibly.

So you acknowledge this was intentional crashing of servers, ban the guy that started it but then unban him without giving the playerbase a reason and then have the stones to say anyone caught doing this "will be subject to significant account actions, up to and including a permanent vacation from the game.".

if you'd followed what actually happened, you'd know that the "exception" they mention wasnt directly responsible as a lone entity.
90 Night Elf Druid
07/18/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Bashiok

Thank you Blizzard for handling this situation maturely unlike the many individuals that sought to disrupt the community and make both Swifty and the WoW community look bad.
88 Worgen Death Knight
07/18/2011 10:24 PMPosted by Zanthis
That name even smells bad.

And LA couldn't love him more.

Queue Family Guy jokes about Kobe Bryant
85 Troll Druid
I'm disappointed...

BAN WHATEVER HIS FACE IS AGAIN...

No really it's all a bunch of bull I have a growing lack of faith in this game, everything that goes on behind the scenes and the time/resources spent by blizz on this, really?

A WoW celebrity getting off.. hah this whole damn thing is redonk.

Community Manager
07/18/2011 10:21 PMPosted by Alein
Does Blizzard have any concerns that by appearance..they caved to stop people from crashing the Darkspear server...and have by proxy given a green light to this form of protest when people want something?

None at all. We took appropriate measures to review existing suspensions and address them appropriately, and as stated in the original message, anyone found to be involved with intentionally disrupting the service will be receiving the appropriate action taken against them.

I think there are situations where people are very loud about something, they happen to be right, and we address those situations appropriately. But one doesn't influence the other. We're more than willing to make unpopular decisions if they're the right ones to make.
94 Gnome Warlock
07/18/2011 10:18 PMPosted by Zanthis
People, are complaining about the Sponsored player getting special treatment just like irl....Need I remind you people of Kobe Bryant, and he did alot worse than Swifty did.

Except in this case the person that was "let off" was gleeful and encouraging the activities as they were on going. The case against Kobe was nothing more than a case of "Morning after" regret.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]