Actions for Recent Realm Disruptions

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Hunter
Tinfoil hat enthusiasts want to see Blizzard say some variation of "Yes, Razer threatened to stop making WoW gaming mice if we didn't lift the ban on their moneymaker."

Those that don't think everything is a conspiracy will see Razer's involvement as nothing but what Bashiok mentioned and not simply because Bashiok said it.

Bedsides the best part was that they were already in the process of reversing the ban when Razer contacted them. Kinda kills the conspiracy theory altogether.
86 Gnome Mage
None at all. We took appropriate measures to review existing suspensions and address them appropriately, and as stated in the original message, anyone found to be involved with intentionally disrupting the service will be receiving the appropriate action taken against them.

I think there are situations where people are very loud about something, they happen to be right, and we address those situations appropriately. But one doesn't influence the other. We're more than willing to make unpopular decisions if they're the right ones to make.

And yet, you stated an exception had been made.

That doesn't speak well for the fairness of the actions in question.
90 Troll Hunter
I honestly think you're all overreacting here a little, I would expect a formal apology from him soon and his fanbois got the banhammer... Life is good, the community is safe, I doubt any more e-celeberties will try and take on bliz again.
88 Worgen Death Knight
07/18/2011 10:26 PMPosted by Bomdanil
People, are complaining about the Sponsored player getting special treatment just like irl....Need I remind you people of Kobe Bryant, and he did alot worse than Swifty did.

Except in this case the person that was "let off" was gleeful and encouraging the activities as they were on going. The case against Kobe was nothing more than a case of "Morning after" regret.

Thanks to the wonderful detective work of Colorado Law Enforcement. I'm allowed to bash this due to the fact that I live in Colorado and I bet the cops were high
48 Human Paladin
People, are complaining about the Sponsored player getting special treatment just like irl....Need I remind you people of Kobe Bryant, and he did alot worse than Swifty did.

Except in this case the person that was "let off" was gleeful and encouraging the activities as they were on going. The case against Kobe was nothing more than a case of "Morning after" regret.

and that encouragement such as it is, was coming from outside the playable game server, and should be dismissed as an action outside bliz's jurisdiction. the spammers who were banned are far more responsible.
Edited by Tiber on 7/18/2011 10:28 PM PDT
35 Tauren Hunter
07/18/2011 10:25 PMPosted by Bashiok
We're more than willing to make unpopular decisions if they're the right ones to make.

No your not, that's the point. If this was any normal person, they wouldn't have unbanned full stop.
85 Troll Rogue
07/18/2011 10:23 PMPosted by Ehriahna
So you acknowledge this was intentional crashing of servers, ban the guy that started it but then unban him without giving the playerbase a reason and then have the stones to say anyone caught doing this "will be subject to significant account actions, up to and including a permanent vacation from the game.".

He's referring to the subsequent crashing of darkspear and other realms when he says "intentional disruption".

Thats the funny part, the only ones to take any serious heat it seems are going to be the sheeple that reacted so vindictively as to intentionally attack blizzard's server in "revenge" for his ban. I hope defending their idol was worth the vacation, but I don't believe it will be.
85 Human Paladin
Does Blizzard have any concerns that by appearance..they caved to stop people from crashing the Darkspear server...and have by proxy given a green light to this form of protest when people want something?

None at all. We took appropriate measures to review existing suspensions and address them appropriately, and as stated in the original message, anyone found to be involved with intentionally disrupting the service will be receiving the appropriate action taken against them.

I think there are situations where people are very loud about something, they happen to be right, and we address those situations appropriately. But one doesn't influence the other. We're more than willing to make unpopular decisions if they're the right ones to make.

Thank you for taking your time to explain the situation to us Bashiok, your work is much appreciated by this WoW player.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/18/2011 10:27 PMPosted by Cyberweasel
That doesn't speak well for the fairness of the actions in question.

What isn't fair is that, while this poor individual had to suffer hours of withdrawals after being separated from his e-life, 4.2 is still lacking in content.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm glad to see some acknowledgement on this. I don't really know or care to know who Swifty is, but it seems to be yet another hot issue where people turn and look to Blizz to see how it behaves as a company. I'm going to look upon this situation with a neutral eye, and choose to hold what's stated here as truth. Hopefully people that disrupt people's play experiences in such a way in the future will be dealt with properly as well.

On the same topic, has this perhaps created any incentives to improve overall continent server stability, either through hardware or limits in game?
90 Troll Hunter
07/18/2011 10:28 PMPosted by Judgementål
Thank you for taking your time to explain the situation to us Bashiok, your work is much appreciated by this WoW player.

Ditto
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Ok then R Kelly? Paris Hilton? Hell I just read the news today that Charlie Sheen is getting a new sitcom, even after all the two and a half men stuff went down.

edit: WINNING
Edited by Zanthis on 7/18/2011 10:31 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid

Very much so and sometimes GMs make decisions that can be appealed. It is unfortunate that players got impatient and did not wait for a response and choose to attack Blizzard by attacking their fellow players. It is just sad how immature these players actions where and the scar it will leave on the community.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I just want a concrete reason why the Swifty ban was reversed and I'll be happy.
07/18/2011 10:28 PMPosted by Proffit
I hope defending their idol was worth the vacation, but I don't believe it will be.
I hope it's not, so that people can realize that there are consequences for their actions and that maybe they should think for themselves and develop their own decision-making skills. If many of them had decided not to join the flash mob that crashed the servers, or the riots that returned to crash Darkspear today in protest, then A) none of this would've happened and B) they wouldn't be banned.

07/18/2011 10:28 PMPosted by Judgementål
Agreed. You guys take a lot of crap just for posting, but it's nice to get an update from someone who is actually in a position to know more than just speculation or what Youtube says.
85 Night Elf Warrior
07/18/2011 10:23 PMPosted by Ehriahna
So you acknowledge this was intentional crashing of servers, ban the guy that started it but then unban him without giving the playerbase a reason and then have the stones to say anyone caught doing this "will be subject to significant account actions, up to and including a permanent vacation from the game.".

If there was substantial evidence in game that the accusations against these people were true, they would still be permanently banned. A few youtube videos from people that weren't even the ones in question aren't enough to warrant any in game punishment. So if they were reduced to temp suspensions, then they are innocent.

Like it or dislike it for whatever reason you deem fit, but that is the way it works.
Edited by Venour on 7/18/2011 10:35 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]