Actions for Recent Realm Disruptions

(Locked)

85 Gnome Death Knight
07/19/2011 08:47 PMPosted by Xada
linking to their channel isn't helping your case, dont make me watch all those videos to see any evidence here, in other words, get to the point

The video that contain the server crashing "disappeared" but you can still watch the before and after video that doesn't mention anything about what happened!
100 Goblin Rogue
i watched his video and livestream he knew the consequences of what was happening it was his leading of the group therefore he is responsible for the server crash not 1 or 2 but three.

Aww he had played his toon for six years how many other players of WoW have played the same character put the same amount of effort in and made one little mistake and got perma banned and got the same treatment.

begin list now.

i can't think of any.

what make this event so different?

we've already confirmed he wasn't there for 2 of them, and that the people doing it were spamming "zybak sent us"
85 Goblin Shaman
i watched his video and livestream he knew the consequences of what was happening it was his leading of the group therefore he is responsible for the server crash not 1 or 2 but three.

Aww he had played his toon for six years how many other players of WoW have played the same character put the same amount of effort in and made one little mistake and got perma banned and got the same treatment.

begin list now.

i can't think of any.

what make this event so different?

start naming people who did get baned and never had there acount back ....
90 Tauren Warrior
i dont see whats the big stink over him being unbanned. i dont know him and wasn't at the event or on a server that went down, but i see the frustration it has caused for all parties. im sure swifty and friends were a bit frustrated to be banned when their community event got out of hand. im sure blizzard was frustrated for all the spam and threats they caught for issuing a perma in a situation like that. i think a temp ban is an ok compromise. personally i think its a bit unfair and even impossible to point blame in an event gone awry on that scale. i would much rather blizzard chalk it up to experience and try to improve their code base to prevent things like this from happening in the first place. it seems they have already done so with this afternoon's hotfix, i see a new spam throttling system already.
Edited by Astealoth on 7/19/2011 8:56 PM PDT
85 Gnome Death Knight
07/19/2011 08:52 PMPosted by Xada
we've already confirmed he wasn't there for 2 of them, and that the people doing it were spamming "zybak sent us"

No the only started spamming zybak sent us after swifty said something along the lines of I think I might get banned for all this (Don't quote me word for word if you dig through the thread its pasted in one of the posts)
85 Human Priest
07/19/2011 08:38 PMPosted by Malacress
Look at it, look at the blatant laughing and amusement they get for crashing servers for their own amusement. Look at the fanboys saying to not ban him cause he's "cool"

07/19/2011 08:49 PMPosted by Grreaat
I bolded the issue with your argument. I'm prety sure he didn't sit there and go well I want to crash servers so I'm gona host a live stream and give away free stuff on three different servers to crash them.....

Perhaps you need to read previous comments. Crashing servers was exactly what he was laughing about doing, and they were systematically finding new servers to crash. Once, possibly a game gone wrong. Twice, definitely deliberate. Three times, and you're just a ring leader for a great big riot.

Whether someone performed this act "in his name," or "in support of him," he still started it, and without his direction it would not have happened. That is the very definition of "fault."
Edited by Gwydíon on 7/19/2011 8:55 PM PDT
56 Troll Death Knight
07/19/2011 08:51 PMPosted by Pussikat
The video that contain the server crashing "disappeared" but you can still watch the before and after video that doesn't mention anything about what happened!

yup just magically "disappears" with some more incriminating evidence.
100 Goblin Rogue
07/19/2011 08:53 PMPosted by Pussikat

No the only started spamming zybak sent us after swifty said something along the lines of I think I might get banned for all this (Don't quote me word for word if you dig through the thread its pasted in one of the posts)
but i like quoting you, you have great hair, naw, one of the vids has swifty playing with his toons hair style while zybaks runnin around the mob spamming
5 Night Elf Rogue
07/19/2011 08:45 PMPosted by Malacress
That's not fact.. that's speculation. If you can't understand what is fact maybe you shouldn't use that word.

You're right about what you were responding too. But honestly. All anybody who didn't see the entire stream can do is speculate. Watching a three minute clip that some random person frapsed that has Zybak hooting and hollering isn't evidence against Swifty. People have been saying from the start, before any footage came out, that it was Zybaks fault. People who saw it happening.

What's really dumb though is that the clip with Zybak that everybody keeps linking, that has the music at the end, was not taken or posted by somebody from Swiftys guild. They keep saying stuff like "Why did they put real loud music at the end? What are they trying to hide? It's all just a big cover up!" When the person who put that music there has nothing to do with the guild at all... He jumped the clip forward to when he was already in SW and put dramatic music in because of the amount of people there, and all the spamming.
100 Goblin Rogue
07/19/2011 08:55 PMPosted by Azakzul

yup just magically "disappears" with some more incriminating evidence.

they are obviously watching your every move LIKE A HAWK
85 Goblin Shaman
07/19/2011 08:54 PMPosted by Gwydíon
Look at it, look at the blatant laughing and amusement they get for crashing servers for their own amusement. Look at the fanboys saying to not ban him cause he's "cool"

I bolded the issue with your argument. I'm prety sure he didn't sit there and go well I want to crash servers so I'm gona host a live stream and give away free stuff on three different servers to crash them.....

Perhaps you need to read previous comments. Crashing servers was exactly what he was laughing about doing, and they were systematically finding new servers to crash. Once, possibly a game gone wrong. Twice, definitely deliberate. Three times, and you're just a ring leader for a great big riot.

Whether someone performed this act "in his name," or "in support of him," he still started it, and without his direction it would not have happened. That is the very definition of "fault."

again He did not start the live stream to crash a server that was a result of being popular.
100 Goblin Rogue
07/19/2011 08:57 PMPosted by Chantecler
That's not fact.. that's speculation. If you can't understand what is fact maybe you shouldn't use that word.

You're right about what you were responding too. But honestly. All anybody who didn't see the entire stream can do is speculate. Watching a three minute clip that some random person frapsed that has Zybak hooting and hollering isn't evidence against Swifty. People have been saying from the start, before any footage came out, that it was Zybaks fault. People who saw it happening.

What's really dumb though is that the clip with Zybak that everybody keeps linking, that has the music at the end, was not taken or posted by somebody from Swiftys guild. They keep saying stuff like "Why did they put real loud music at the end? What are they trying to hide? It's all just a big cover up!" When the person who put that music there has nothing to do with the guild at all... He jumped the clip forward to when he was already in SW and put dramatic music in because of the amount of people there, and all the spamming.

yeah, that vids incriminating zybak for what he did, if not a permaban, that better be one of his 3 strikes
5 Night Elf Rogue
07/19/2011 08:53 PMPosted by Pussikat

Swifty said nothing about being contacted by a GM until they had already stopped and gone back to there own server.
85 Worgen Rogue
If people are intentionally attacking servers like that they should be permanently banned. They need to learn respect for the hard work Blizz puts into creating WoW and trying to keep it problem free rather than the crashers creating more work. But if they want a temp suspension then so be it. But if they do it again they should be permanently banned.
85 Human Priest
07/19/2011 08:57 PMPosted by Chantecler
All anybody who didn't see the entire stream can do is speculate.

Blizzard had the logs. Blizzard made the call. Bans were issued and people lost the privilege of logging in. That's called "cause and effect." Bans later being amended or reversed says one thing to me in a case of this severity: politics, not innocence, was the mitigating factor.
85 Worgen Druid
I somehow fail to see how blizzards servers cannot handle an influx of people... Blizzard maybe it would be possible to spend the tonnes of money you guys roll in on upgrading servers and increasing customer satisfaction?

But i do believe the ban was abit much as i was in the stream at the time, and it was not him that was doing it, he purely was hosting contests and because of popularity it crashed a server, So in my eyes its your fault that the servers went down - not being able to hold an influx of players.
100 Goblin Rogue
07/19/2011 08:58 PMPosted by Grreaat

again He did not start the live stream to crash a server that was a result of being popular.
Beats being KOS popular, wintergrasp one man army right hur
100 Goblin Rogue
07/19/2011 08:59 PMPosted by Bloodmoonwlf
If people are intentionally attacking servers like that they should be permanently banned. They need to learn respect for the hard work Blizz puts into creating WoW and trying to keep it problem free rather than the crashers creating more work. But if they want a temp suspension then so be it. But if they do it again they should be permanently banned.
All infractions like this are probably on the permaban list, if they feel generous its probably one of the 3 strikes
5 Night Elf Rogue
07/19/2011 09:00 PMPosted by Gwydíon
All anybody who didn't see the entire stream can do is speculate.

Blizzard had the logs. Blizzard made the call. Bans were issued and people lost the privilege of logging in. That's called "cause and effect." Bans later being amended or reversed says one thing to me in a case of this severity: politics, not innocence, was the mitigating factor.

I wasn't talking about Blizzard. I'm talking about the frothing idiots who keep spreading and believing in falsehoods concerning the truth about what actually happened.

I know what happened, I know when somebody says something that just isn't true, the gullible sheep in this thread are not Swiftys supporters.
85 Human Priest
07/19/2011 08:59 PMPosted by Bloodmoonwlf
But if they do it again they should be permanently banned.

I think it's fair to draw on the quote from Good Morning, Vietnam. "You better not even come within range of anything that happens."
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]