Actions for Recent Realm Disruptions

(Locked)

85 Goblin Shaman
We should make him pay everyone 50 cents to everyone that was affected by the lost of time kinda like community service! that should make all these daytime laywers happy. I really didn't know wow had a strong representation of lawyers
5 Night Elf Rogue
I somehow fail to see how blizzards servers cannot handle an influx of people... Blizzard maybe it would be possible to spend the tonnes of money you guys roll in on upgrading servers and increasing customer satisfaction?

But i do believe the ban was abit much as i was in the stream at the time, and it was not him that was doing it, he purely was hosting contests and because of popularity it crashed a server, So in my eyes its your fault that the servers went down - not being able to hold an influx of players.

To be fair and honest, that was more than just an influx of people. =P
85 Gnome Death Knight
07/19/2011 08:58 PMPosted by Chantecler

No the only started spamming zybak sent us after swifty said something along the lines of I think I might get banned for all this (Don't quote me word for word if you dig through the thread its pasted in one of the posts)

Swifty said nothing about being contacted by a GM until they had already stopped and gone back to there own server.

Never said he was contacted by a gm when he said that.
100 Goblin Rogue
I somehow fail to see how blizzards servers cannot handle an influx of people... Blizzard maybe it would be possible to spend the tonnes of money you guys roll in on upgrading servers and increasing customer satisfaction?

But i do believe the ban was abit much as i was in the stream at the time, and it was not him that was doing it, he purely was hosting contests and because of popularity it crashed a server, So in my eyes its your fault that the servers went down - not being able to hold an influx of players.
oh they can deal with tremendous strain, but somethings are just too much, personally, due to the server im on, i think they should go back to all the old cities and completely redo them like they did org and sw, as well as add some bonus's for being there, so people spread out and there isn't such a big failure on high populated realms
85 Worgen Druid
But you would think the the facilities they have access to AND the MONEY they have available to them they would have the best servers possible, And they would've been able to handle it.

And Yes, completely agree. They dont get $15 a month every month from millions of subscribers for nothing.. but sadly alot of that goes to the CEO's pockets >.>
Edited by Scoods on 7/19/2011 9:10 PM PDT
56 Troll Death Knight

The live event was hosted by swifty and zybac.
It would be the same thing as if you and a friend rented a hotel suite and it is almost fully packed and everyone there is being abusive to the place and yelling . You do not allow more people into the suite and start calling more people there and telling them they have to bring a pet. pretty soon the floor will give out.
100 Goblin Rogue
07/19/2011 09:08 PMPosted by Scoods
But you would think the the facilities they have access to AND the MONEY they have available to them they would have the best servers possible, And they would've been able to handle it.
yeah, there are ways they could upgrade, but they have to see a need for it, im sure they want it, but they can't throw money at everything they want unfortunately.
85 Worgen Druid
^ yes i understand that but like i said in the post above. With the money they get you wouldnt be in a hotel suite you would have your own 2-3 story house and be inviting your friends to that.

@the rogue - yeah well maybe they should stop putting it all in the ceos pockets ;) (Just my thoughts)
Edited by Scoods on 7/19/2011 9:13 PM PDT
100 Goblin Rogue

It would be the same thing as if you and a friend rented a hotel suite and it is almost fully packed and everyone there is being abusive to the place and yelling . You do not allow more people into the suite and start calling more people there and telling them they have to bring a pet. pretty soon the floor will give out.
hosted by the guild sponsored by razer
56 Troll Death Knight
07/19/2011 09:12 PMPosted by Xada
I somehow fail to see how blizzards servers cannot handle an influx of people

An influx of people caused by swifty's presence

which swifty and zybac were in control of.
85 Gnome Death Knight

Still wasn't sanctioned by Razer but I am pretty sure they now claim it was which would have been a way around the permban
5 Night Elf Rogue

Okay, seriously? I don't think you have made a single informed post in this entire thread.

The live stream was held by the guild Dara Mactire, Swifty streamed it twice a few hours apart. I don't believe Zybak actually streamed it at all. They ran a bunch of PvP oriented events. When it came time for prize give away swifty picked up the stream again for the second time that night. It was all fine and dandy until the second crash where Zybak lost his mind and started getting people to TRY and crash the server, there were one or two other people laughing along with him also encouraging people but I didn't know there voices.
58 Gnome Death Knight
07/19/2011 09:17 PMPosted by Pussikat

Still wasn't sanctioned by Razer but I am pretty sure they now claim it was which would have been a way around the permban

Howso, are you saying they got special treatment because they were sponsored?

No, for shame!

Le gasp...

*looks around
100 Goblin Rogue
07/19/2011 09:17 PMPosted by Azakzul
I somehow fail to see how blizzards servers cannot handle an influx of people

An influx of people caused by swifty's presence

which swifty and zybac were in control of.

i never said the first quote, and they already said this, everyone was taking turns running the livestream, however, the participants were there on there own accord
100 Goblin Rogue
07/19/2011 09:17 PMPosted by Pussikat

hmmm, i figured it would be, maybe he was just giving away !@#$ he gets every month
100 Draenei Shaman
Someone on another site (I won't link it here because I don't want to get in trouble for doing so) gave this math (based on what text takes up):

"There are fewer than 256 emotes in WoW. This means that all the emotes can be represented by a single 16bit word.

If all 4000 people spam an emote 5 times a second you get 5*16bits*4000/8(bits/byte)=40kB/s going from the server to each client.

A single line of chat can be 255 characters each being a 64bit word.

If just 10% of those people make normal conversation, say one message very five seconds you get 4000*10%*255*64bits/8(bits/byte)*(1message/5seconds)=163.2kB/s going from the server to each client.

You realize that's ~160MB/s total leaving the server from emote spam alone, right?"

I don't know if it's correct or not, but if it is, that's an AWFULLY high amount of throughput. And that doesn't even take into account what would be needed for the talk balloons that a lot of people have active, with all the image/video that requires (which I'm sure is MUCH higher). So the servers and the connection would probably get overloaded if this hit at a burst.

Also, if this is inappropriate to post here, please let me know and/or delete it -- it's not game mechanics so I'm hoping I'm not in violation of anything.
85 Goblin Shaman
well it all comes down to the fact this is a MMO and we should be thanking anyone that can organise anything to draw 4000 people together in a MMO. Its frustrating to see the potential of this game be limited to the servers and its frustrating to see that people can't break the mob mentality that we all naturaly seem to have. SHAME to everyone! to the haters, to the lovers, to blizzard , razor, president obama, prime minister Harper and last but not least to diablo 2 for taking so long to come out.Thanks for letting me down.....
58 Gnome Death Knight

This too.
86 Blood Elf Rogue
07/19/2011 08:57 PMPosted by Chantecler
But honestly. All anybody who didn't see the entire stream can do is speculate.

Agreed. And even then, it's still hearsay.
85 Worgen Druid
07/19/2011 09:22 PMPosted by Grreaat
well it all comes down to the fact this is a MMO and we should be thanking anyone that can organise anything to draw 4000 people together in a MMO. Its frustrating to see the potential of this game be limited to the servers and its frustrating to see that people can't break the mob mentality that we all naturaly seem to have. SHAME to everyone! to the haters, to the lovers, to blizzard , razor, president obama, prime minister Harper and last but not least to diablo 2 for taking so long to come out.Thanks for letting me down.....

Diablo 3*** ;)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]