File missing

(Locked)

86 Human Hunter
please help i just fixed wow and had to re install it when i popped in my wotlk disk 1 and clicked install a message cam up saying "sorry instillation failed
the file c:\program files (x86)\world of warcraft\ data\ common.mpq could not be opened if the problem persists please contact technical support "
Support Forum Agent
Usmarines,

That sounds like you're trying to install over a newer installation already on the hard drive. If it's already installed and you still want to reinstall, make sure you delete all the old info first.

In order to remove World of Warcraft from your system, please follow the instructions below.

For Windows Users:

1) Go to the Start/Windows button, and click "Control Panel"
2) Look for "Uninstall a program" (Windows Vista/7) or "Add or Remove Programs" (Windows XP)
3) Right-Click on the World of Warcraft icon and select "Uninstall"

This will begin the uninstallation process.

If the game is not listed in the Add/Remove Programs, manually uninstall the game by deleting the folder directory where WoW was installed.

Select and Delete these folders if they exist.

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Blizzard Entertainment
C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft
C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft\

Then try the dvd install again.

"Valar Morghulis.....Valar Dohaeris"
41 Blood Elf Mage
thats what happened to me when i tried to download Wrath of the lich king how did you fix it?
11 Gnome Rogue
my cousin has WOW and i was thinking if i copy the file from his folders n put it in mine would it work?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
just log into your account on here and do the digital download
Support Forum Agent
Lonte,

Yes. You can copy World of Warcraft files between two systems to install the game. You'd need to create your own shortcuts to the launcher, but that method does work.

You can also download the game from our website:
https://us.battle.net/account/download/index.xml

I'm now going to lock this thread because it's rather old and has veered off topic. If you new assistance or have a question, please always create a new thread.

Check your G-diffuser system!
Edited by Jurannok on 1/25/2012 9:03 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]