To all Kirin Tor veterens...

85 Night Elf Priest
I want to start a thread and see how many of you have been playing on this server since vanilla WoW. You could probably include BC if that's when you showed up. I'm more interested in knowing which of the old-school raiders (not RPers) are still around. I just want to get a feel for how some of the vets have progressed through the years, and maybe shine a spotlight on some of the long-term vets. What I would like to know is:
1) What was the name of your main toon and when did you first start playing in Kirin Tor?
2) What was your first raiding guild?
3) Alliance or Horde or both?
4) Best accomplishment in your raids in all expansions on this server (i.e. Killed Ossirian in AQ20, Killed Kil'jaeden in Sunwell 25, Thorim in Ulduar 10, etc...)
5) What was your most favorite part in all of WoW? (i.e. leveling, downing certain bosses, pwning in an 8hr Alterac Valley bg, etc...)
6) What do you like most about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla?
7) What don't you like about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start off:
1) Phoenixstorm Nov. 2005
2) Zeal
3) Alliance
4) Vanilla - AQ20: Ossirian, BC - BT: Illidan, WotLK - ICC: 25man and 10man server first Lich King
5) Most favorite part of WoW was leveling from 1-60 during vanilla WoW, and getting to explore the game for the first time. Alterac Valley was probably the best time I had during lvl 70 back when Felixisinamos and a few other friends and I would try and cause a turtle effect in AV, then we would collect all the mats for raising the armor levels, summoning the Elemental boss, launching the griffin and mounted NPC attacks just to wreak havoc.
6) I haven't experienced Cata yet, but from WotLK, I loved the cut scene for the wrathgate event.
7) I couldn't stand some of the raids in WotLK, for example Naxx. It was an AOE fest and nothing seemed hard at first. I also don't like the idea of buying gear with tokens. The first time it was implemented in BC, it worked out decently, but after a while it just became a farm-fest for some of the easier dungeons like Karazhan, just so anyone and everyone could buy Black Temple-level gear by doing the easiest dungeon....ugh. It made epic gear seem pretty common vs. when in Vanilla WoW, epic gear was actually epic, and hard to get.
Edited by Phoenixstorm on 7/16/2011 9:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I started playing just before BC came out.

This was my original toon, and I was in Knights of Amber on Alliance.

Hmm...best experience? Leading a successful raiding guild and learning how rough being a GM can be, albeit my time was nothing compared to a lot of other guilds out there.

The best part of WoW will always be meeting my fiance, but game-wise, I absolutely love healing in raids or even leading them when I get the chance.

I think the changes for the game that have made the UI a little easier (journal, questhelper, etc) are a lot friendlier towards new players so that we don't have quite as many people asking questions that get them trolled in trade.

As for negative thoughts, I think the game's content is just a repeat of the same thing with a fresh take (if you consider New Tier sets just being recolored versions of old tier sets, or a new villain :/)
Reply Quote
49 Night Elf Hunter
1) QUEN (heh)
2) <caligo hora> (no caps)
3) Horde
4) Pendulum of Doom
5) http://i.imgur.com/7GsP4.jpg
6) idk
7) No more wall jumping :<
Reply Quote
Veter(a)ns not veterens
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
1/started on this toon nov 05

2/first raiding guild more of a pvp guild though Cthulhu Rising

3/horde

4/raid highlight killing Onixia with a lnr pug back in vanilla

5/best memory the old 60bg groups were a lot of fun

6/ best of the new the quest setup is a lot smoother now

7/worst of the new random bg/instance cues have an upside but I think it has taken some of the fun out of the game
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
1) Vanillao (gasp) just before Halloween '07.
2) Knights of Amber
3) I've messed around on Horde, but never really done much away from the Alliance.
4) Got an OG war bear (sadly, not very many on this server).
5) The people I met in Insomniacs Anonymous, Darkness Within, and a select other few people. Also, Finx's random outbursts or singing of Disney songs.
6) The creation and expansion of LFD and BG queues. Biggest pain in TBC was trying to find groups for heroics every day at 5 am after raid.
7) They have created such a vast disparity between good and bad raiding guilds on small servers like this one. Most of the better-skilled folk end up leaving for better guilds, more suited to their abilities, while the people who remain have to keep recruiting. We were always behind in progression, but it's getting worse every time I take a look at the tracking sites.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
1) Leaina - Late Nov. '05
2) Army of the Crimson Claw
3) Alliance
4) Vanilla - AQ 20: Ossirian, BC - PreNerf: 1/2 Eye/SSC cleared (can't remember exact bosses) PostNerf: Council in BT, WotLK - LK10
5) Back in vanilla the epic AV's we had, going on days. I remember the days of Slade leading AV's. Have to say some epic times there. I also remember the old Zombie event when Naxx was released, now that was absolute chaos.
6) I remember unconnected flight paths, I <3 that change, lol. Non server ranking based PvP, I remember when you couldn't sleep some nights or you'd drop a rank.
7) Inflation. I remember when that epic mount would take for-freaking-ever to save for. What was it, 500 gold? 100? Just seems money is so inflated it's silly at this day. Also, World PvP, but I'm not gonna go in detail, cause that's a flame war waiting to happen now-a-days.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
1) What was the name of your main toon and when did you first start playing in Kirin Tor?
Xasen. Started out as a blood elf the first day of BC. Ended up on KT as my random server back when I started in 2005 and never left.

The Rainmakers, that splintered into Remnant in BC

I played exclusively Horde until a few months ago.

4) Best accomplishment in your raids in all expansions on this server (i.e. Killed Ossirian in AQ20, Killed Kil'jaeden in Sunwell 25, Thorim in Ulduar 10, etc...)
Downing Illidan. For a guild that started raiding not long before BT went live, being able to see him dead felt pretty good!

5) What was your most favorite part in all of WoW? (i.e. leveling, downing certain bosses, pwning in an 8hr Alterac Valley bg, etc...)
Probably doing Kara. 25 mans were fun, but kara was just a place where you could really just hang out with your guildies and get to know each other.

6) What do you like most about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla?
I like the justice points system. I'm a freak, I know. But I'm an altoholic and being able to catch up is nice.

7) What don't you like about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla?
One the flip side of that, I don't like the random dungeon finder. I miss the sense of community that used to be around. We're a small server and while that hinders progression, it also meant that everybody knew each other.
Reply Quote
1) Fosel (Some time in 2005)
2) Excelcius
3) Alliance
4) So many..
5) 40 man raids
6) I guess flying in Azeroth is kinda cool..
7) the community seems to have gotten worse, impossible at it seems.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Ha. There's quite a few of us who started Nov 2005!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I left KT for good yesterday : /
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Jespari, mage. She was 42 when bc hit. I started oct 06. A friend introduced me to the game and told me to roll on kt. She quit a long time ago and we aren't in touch anymore but her name was ashaley or something like that. She was a tauren druid in the rainmakers way back in the day.

Raiding guild? uh I think order of the spider with my shaman who was named gleeble at the time. first boss kill was shade for me. Casual guild was ghostwolf clan then drunken kodo clan. Had a toon in Hallowed Arcana cus I liked the name lol, and also of the Vengeful Campaign.

First ever toon was alliance, night elf druid named Vistaria. Got to 20 and rolled Jes on horde, made it my home. Recently rerolled the ally toon.

I killed LK on my main? idk was never really huge on progression.

New quest leveling zones (i have all but 2 classes leveled so I got pretty tired of the old questing content.

Phasing, boa gear, hard to find something solid because I didn't really do endgame until wrath =/
Oh! realid!

The music. I like the old music in the vanilla zones better.
Edited by Aktol on 7/27/2011 9:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote

This was my original. I actually started playing early BC, but took my sweet time leveling {I messed around a lot with alts, and didn`t care too much about getting to 70} and played with a few real friends. They splintered off, and I decided to finally cap my character.

Blood Scarred Skies. I really didn`t do much raiding before endgame wrath, and even then I was iffy on the subject. These questions seem to assume that everyone does raiding...

Started off alliance. I thought the racials were better {shadowmeld seemed quite tactically useful}, but ended up going horde to play with friends.

Raids? Come on man. You`re making it hard to answer these. Um... Killing Cho`gall was fun.

Alliance were camping the horde WG after we won an offensive battle. While most horde didn`t care, a few of us organized a group to fight back and reclaim it. After several hours of scratching them, we finally managed to kill their healer and push them into the inner fortress {the main room with the instance portal} and finish them off. Quite a fun battle, and one I`ll never forget.

Casting while moving is amazingly fun, the newer Cata quests are enjoyable, and I`m looking forward to getting into a rated bg team. I like the way my class is fleshing out. Before it just felt like lightning bolt {and eventually lava burst} without any real synergy between anything. Now that the talents were revamped, I feel a little more complex than just a turret.

Mages stole my bloodlust... On a more serious note, I don`t like the RDF. I loved actually going to the instance portal with a bunch of people from server {sometimes starting a bit of pvp outside the portals}, and getting to know them. It was a cool way to make friends, and I think I still have a few people that I used to level with on there.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
07/28/2011 12:27 AMPosted by Banananana
These questions seem to assume that everyone does raiding...

and
07/28/2011 12:27 AMPosted by Banananana
Raids? Come on man. You`re making it hard to answer these

In case you didn't actually read my OP...

I want to start a thread and see how many of you have been playing on this server since vanilla WoW. You could probably include BC if that's when you showed up. I'm more interested in knowing which of the old-school raiders (not RPers) are still around. I just want to get a feel for how some of the vets have progressed through the years

Reply Quote
Psh.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
1) Enders Sept. 2005
2) Zeal
3) Misadventure Inc
4) Fellowship Of The Light on The Scryler Realm
5) Vanilla - AQ20, Ony, AQ40: Ossirian,
BC - BT and kara,
WotLK - nothing
Cata: - nothing

Do still have an toon on kirin tor, he’s in Misadventure Inc guild. I’m friends with guild leader. Some of us are getting guild active again. Atm guild not recruiting, but we do have website up and running. Its www.misadventureinc.com

Gava Horde Undead Lock

1) Toxic Sept. 2005
2) cant remember guild name
3) Creeping Death
4) Angel Of Darkness
5) Blacklisted
6) Tanked on The Scryler Realm
7) Vanilla - Ony, Naxx
8) BC - Arenas
9) Wolk - ICC 10man, ICC 25, Naxx, Uldman
10) Cata - PVP battlegrounds, heroic/reg dungeons’

why on scryler realm, friends on horde side, we transfered when Wolk realeased.
may return to kirin tor for my mains but got way to many characters now. most are lvl 83+

Vanilla was the best! cata is ok i guess
Edited by Vigra on 7/29/2011 10:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
1) I first started playing when WoW came out in November, 2004. My very first toon was a dwarf warrior named Gimlee who I quickly abandoned. I then made a dwarf paladin named Lad who would become my main and a mage named Katalo who would always drag behind.

2) My first raiding guild was Lost Twilight, of which I was one of the first non founders. It was a bit embarrassing being 12 and having to call things on vent, but I had a great time there. I was in that guild until I finished leveling in TBC.

3) I was all Alliance all the time. I didn't like Horde because they were smelly and lived in huts.

4) In Vanilla, it was probably BWL, though we didn't get all the way through, and we loved to grind through Zul'Gurub. Some of my favorite memories were in there with the old Lost Twilight crew. In TBC, my biggest raid accomplishment was Black Temple. We didn't quite get to Illidan, but we were close. In Wrath, my raid accomplishments were quitting Excelcius which I was in during TBC and becoming a full time PvPer. That was when I got 2200, transfered off to Cho'gall and found out fast that PvP servers aren't where I belong.

5) My favorite WoW accomplishment has to be me getting 2200 with Torqueak. He was my favorite gnome buddy and I will never forget all the trials we faced as a team, especially when we ran off to Cho'gall and got to 2400. I still miss that guy.

6) I would say my favorite change is time. Time to learn about what it is I really like about this game, and time to make preferences in specs and keybinding everything. Time to perfect the art that PvP was to me. The game stopped being so mysterious and started feeling somewhat controlled.

7) My least favorite thing about Cataclysm is that the new game smell really has worn off completely. I feel like the arena seasons are a bit iffy compared to just balls to the walls intense and I don't have a Torqueak this season to pull me back into the game.

Well, that is about it. Thanks for all who read.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Jorunara – Holy Paladin (I played Alliance back on Kirin Tor)
I started playing in mid-Nov 2005
Vanilla : Army of the Crimson Claw
TBC: Codex
WotLK: Lost Twilight and Knights of Thoradin
Cata: not playing much anymore.

Best moments in WoW:
- Vanilla: 1st Hakkar kill; Hakkar’s corrupted blood spreading in cities was really weird at that time; and as Leaina (hello friend!) said: epic AV that lasted for hours.
- TBC: Downing Lady Vashj back with Codex in Nov 2007, server 2nd I believe.
- WotLK: farming 200+ HK each time Wintergrasp was up. ICC 10/25 was also fun.

What do you like most:
- Raiding and collecting; you name it: achievements, titles, mounts, pets, tabards, cooking and alchemy recipes, gears (Holy, Ret, PvE, PvP). Questing was also a lot of fun. Meeting so many great ppl. The quests in Cata are very well designed. Even if you got the Loremaster title before, the new quests in Kalimdor and Easter Kingdoms are really enjoyable and worth doing.

What do I miss most:
The many friends I made playing this game. Most ppl I knew transferred server or left the game

What don't you like about the new changes to WoW
The game has become too repetitive. It's just more of the same… Just waiting for Diablo III…
Edited by Jorunar on 8/5/2011 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
49 Night Elf Hunter

- TBC: Downing Lady Vashj back with Codex in Nov 2007, server 2nd I believe.

Nope

edit -- o, maybe. BL did it 12/12/07 and I thought we were server 2nd on pretty much everything from Vashj/Kael -> halfway thru BT. idk 4 years ago that's ridiculous.

http://i.imgur.com/YRkBd.jpg
Edited by Qian on 8/5/2011 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]