To all Kirin Tor veterens...

2 Night Elf Rogue
1) Nite, since vanilla
2) Already in a Guild
3) Alliance
4) Sever first and only KJ kill in BC, server first LK-25,
5) playing with friends that i met along the way pretty much
6) LFG group finder thingie
7) How easy it is to get epics, and how easy all the new content is =/, and how stupid 2v2s are xD
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
07/20/2011 09:28 PMPosted by Borisha
Veter(a)ns not veterens

\_/ <- My care cup.
Reply Quote
1) This one, and around April 2006
2) Rocket Boots
3) Horde
4) Not really many achievements here. I helped tank Nalorakk in crappy iLevel 115 epics when it came out. We beat that.
5) I liked exploring the maps.
6) Stats are more powerful, and secondary stats are less complicated. Lots of strange itemization is gone.
7) Quests are almost impossible to fail. I had a mage parked in the Barrens from Burning Crusade, and I brought him back out to see that he could do stupid things, like sit there with no mage armor and Arcane Explosion spam with 3 enemies whacking him in melee.
Reply Quote
lols
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
1) What was the name of your main toon and when did you first start playing in Kirin Tor?

Cyonandris, March 2005

2) What was your first raiding guild?

Relentless Dawn

3) Alliance or Horde or both?

90% Alliance

4) Best accomplishment in your raids in all expansions on this server (i.e. Killed Ossirian in AQ20, Killed Kil'jaeden in Sunwell 25, Thorim in Ulduar 10, etc...)

C'thun in AQ40, Illidan in BT

5) What was your most favorite part in all of WoW? (i.e. leveling, downing certain bosses, pwning in an 8hr Alterac Valley bg, etc...)

One More™
Getting to see and do the things which most players in this game never get to see or do.

6) What do you like most about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla?

Increased sophistication of quests/events - phasing, vehicles, pretty graphics, epic scenery

7) What don't you like about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla?

Many things are too easy - I don't like being spoon-fed
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
1) Runstan, December 2006
2) Did not Raid with a guild, Mostly lead MC pugs.
3) Alliance
4) AQ20: Ossirian
5) Tanking my first Molten Core Raid
6) I think it's better and more fun of a game than it was during Vanilla.
7) I hate that I have nothing to do once I'm finished with dailies and Conquest capping.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
1) What was the name of your main toon and when did you first start playing in Kirin Tor?

Marron (hunter) in December 2005, and Ektheria (priest) later on during Vanilla.

My first successful group was with LNR (Mournpala and Dasjava!).

Horde exclusively.

4) Best accomplishment in your raids in all expansions on this server (i.e. Killed Ossirian in AQ20, Killed Kil'jaeden in Sunwell 25, Thorim in Ulduar 10, etc...)

My favorite moment was killing Onyxia with LNR with like 19 people and looting 10 seconds before server maintenance. :-) Who else remember Nex's soothing voice and playing Enya during Ony? Wand, wand, wand!

5) What was your most favorite part in all of WoW? (i.e. leveling, downing certain bosses, pwning in an 8hr Alterac Valley bg, etc...)

Back then, most definitely pvp'ing with all the 60bg people for fun on my hunter, and later on raiding on my priest with LNR.

6) What do you like most about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla?

It's not as time-consuming.

7) What don't you like about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla?

I hated when they made pvp cross-realm.

I actually ran into some people from LNE in a random Zandalari and it made me all nostalgic. So hi KT!

Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
ZOMG Marron /wave
Reply Quote
3 Human Hunter

Marron (hunter) in December 2005

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8495340440464334626&ei=imBiS4eBIIToqALx7sDPCA#
Reply Quote

Marron (hunter) in December 2005

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8495340440464334626&ei=imBiS4eBIIToqALx7sDPCA#

/wave
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
1) Shierah (now Xunaala) and Fall of 2007
2) Ascension - we raided Karazhan, sad I know.
3) Alliance
4) Didn't get to kill Malchezzar in Kara, Killed LK in a PUG
5) Something you only get to do once, getting that sense of wonderment when going somewhere you've never been before in game. (talking about when first starting the game)
6) It's somewhat 'easier' to find a group for a dungeon or whatever.
7) I want my Wrath talent trees back!!
Edited by Xunaala on 10/17/2011 10:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Kirin Tor is my original server. I started playing there on my own account in January, 2006, but I played on another account a couple months before getting my own account.

The Round Table

Both - Although now only Alliance remain.

Best? Hard to choose one. I've done everything at least somewhat except for Firelands. We lost a lot of people and not many people raid on this server anymore. Guess that is why I play a lot on Cho'gall. I plan to get into Firelands soon.

I definitely miss raiding a LOT!

I do like that it is easier to level up other toons. I just got a mage to 85 on Cho'gall. Heirlooms are amazing. However, sometimes it seems like it is TOO easy these days. I also like new content. I LOVE Grizzly Hills so that was a nice added zone. I love going into new raiding content, and I love arenas.

Sometimes it can be too easy and the game kind of holds your hand a lot more these days. I also don't like how new guilds take forever to level up, so new guilds have less advantages than level 25 guilds.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
1) Karuvar was my first toon. Oct. 2005
2) League of Generals
3) Alliance
4) Unfortunately, I was founder and tooka vacation soon after forming League of Generals. We focused on being a trade guild until we could get some more members.
5) Exploring old school. I was known for corpse dragging because I was so eager to see new lands.
6) Flight was one of my favorites as far as getting around, but it did take away form the "massive" feel of the lands. The Dungeon finder was the greatest tool since i've started. (remember spamming, LFG DM, SM, anything for god's sake!)
7) Cookie cutter specs and hardcore elitists. I play to have fun. If I down a raid boss, awesome. It's fun to just hang out. I miss my old friends (If anyone has ever heard of Shakheia, lemme know!)
Edited by Karuvar on 10/26/2011 10:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
Malek (human paladin at the time now a blood elf on some other server rotting at lvl 83 lol) started on KT the first night it became available to play 2005 ish
2) What was your first raiding guild? Seraphic on this server
3) Alliance or Horde or both? Alliance
4) Best accomplishment in your raids in all expansions on this server (i.e. Killed Ossirian in AQ20, Killed Kil'jaeden in Sunwell 25, Thorim in Ulduar 10, etc...) in this server all the raiding i did with seraphic in vanilla, although most of it is hazy since i was a raging drunk at the time.
5) What was your most favorite part in all of WoW? (i.e. leveling, downing certain bosses, pwning in an 8hr Alterac Valley bg, etc...) all of vanilla, 15 hr AV fights, the WoTLK expansion and the raiding guild i was in on arathor during that time.
6) What do you like most about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla? nothing since vanilla besides WotLK (loved WotLK had moved to Arathor and was in great raiding guild, story was awesome paladins were super bad !@#, wow died with the LK for me RIP).
7) What don't you like about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla? No more 40 mans, drop in difficulty, phasing.
Edited by Shrimprahmen on 10/27/2011 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
1) Tuky - November of 06

2) The A List

3) Horde

4) I've always stopped raiding seriously like right before the final content patch of every xpac, so up to Mother Shahraz in BC, Gunship Battle in ICC I guess.

5) Most of BC was really fun, especially blood elf themed parts, they're just so pretty and engaging. Also in BC, I made the entire guild Incarnate hate me with one line of text that was a light joke, they completely despised until they broke up in WOTLK. All that happened was someone in latenight said "Incarnate downs Kael'Thas!" and I said "in MGT". Still don't know why they took that so offensively, but I consider that an achievement.

6) Everything seems more tight and polished.

7) I've found there is less off a sense of epicness for some reason. In BC everything seemed so cool and creative and everything just seems like another grind (not to say it isn't fun, it just seems like the same fun over and over, if that makes sense). This might (probably) be nostalgia, but I don't know man.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Stalaureye - Hunter (Started playing a month before BC came out)

My first raiding guild was enders

Alliance

Clearing up to illidan

Favourite part was either leveling up 1-70 for the first time or raiding in karazhan, great times. And of course shade of aran :)

The new leveling experience is really well done and scripted now. You feel apart of an epic quest when you leve from 1-58 now through the old world. Also the fact that the game is far more balanced then it has ever been in the past (i.e paladins tanking preBC)

I think the dungeon finder system killed great server community's over night. Also the fact that a lot of the people who I leveled up with and raided with have either stopped playing or transferred servers.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
1) First toon was Talevieu (NE Rogue) with Taliyanna (NE Hunter) following a few weeks later. Been on KT since the beginning... so...2007? It was before wrath I know that much :D
2) First guild was Epitaph of Twilight, they were going for progression but I didn't get into raiding till Wrathish.
3) Alliance each and every time.
4) Does two manning Ony count? Probably not since we were 8p and she was 60 xD
5) I like to level and I like professions. Raiding is fun if you can find a guild who is cool. I've been running the odd few with one guild who are awesome when it comes to wipes and figuring out mechanics based on everyone's playstyle. Its a game, I like to keep it that way, not a job.
6) I like leveling in the old world, both professions and toons, and the new dungeons are fun. Guild leveling and achievements are pretty sweet :D
7) I don't like that they took out a lot of the grind I worked for weeks on for certain things and I really hate that with every new patch my framerate turns to poop.

~~Tali
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
*Deleted by Author*
Edited by Meeya on 11/9/2012 11:08 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]