To all Kirin Tor veterens...

85 Troll Priest

1) What was the name of your main toon and when did you first start playing in Kirin Tor?
Sashar - And I think it was Feb of 2006

2) What was your first raiding guild?
Lost Heroes, who moved to Uldaman and I stayed behind.

3) Alliance or Horde or both?
For the Horde, have ally toons but can't really get into them.

4) Best accomplishment in your raids in all expansions on this server (i.e. Killed Ossirian in AQ20, Killed Kil'jaeden in Sunwell 25, Thorim in Ulduar 10, etc...)
Best? Saddly Rag in MC back when it was a biggy. Or maybe the main guy in Kara?
Favorite - Vael in BWL
Not really a raider.

5) What was your most favorite part in all of WoW? (i.e. leveling, downing certain bosses, pwning in an 8hr Alterac Valley bg, etc...)
Auctions and grinding. No joke, I love it. Wish there were crazy boring rep grinds still because you would know where to find me. I lvled my Cenarion Rep 1 point at a time.

6) What do you like most about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla?
The ability to do dungeons with friends on other servers. I have a ton of friends who play WoW but they're spread across a ton of different realms, it was annoying not to play with them.

7) What don't you like about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla?
The Dungeon Finder tool... it's a love/hate relationship. I love it because it gets me into dungeons quickly, I don't have to worry about being a baddie because I'll probably never see those people again. I hate it because it takes away the quaintness of KT as a realm, the running dungeons with only realm people, getting to know them, and giving a sense of community.

I also don't like the lack of RP. I'm not big into RP, but I love to see it. I know it still exists but it's just not the same as it use to be.
Reply Quote
1) What was the name of your main toon and when did you first start playing in Kirin Tor?
Cobby, joined back in 05 I think, been here it seems like forever.
Prophetic Fate
Horde
4) Best accomplishment in your raids in all expansions on this server (i.e. Killed Ossirian in AQ20, Killed Kil'jaeden in Sunwell 25, Thorim in Ulduar 10, etc...)
Horde First Ony Kill, on our final attempt after 4 raiders left for night. (in vanilla)
H ICC all but LK even though I sat out at after Cata Patch, ArPen removal killed combat rogues
5) What was your most favorite part in all of WoW? (i.e. leveling, downing certain bosses, pwning in an 8hr Alterac Valley bg, etc...)
Seeing new things, should tell you how I feel about rehashed content and dailys......
6) What do you like most about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla?
Streamlined the talents a lot, the new "old world" quests are fun.
7) What don't you like about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla?
Resil, Cross Server - miss the old days of pvp when it was just server and you got to know the ppl you fought with and against, those old days of Slade, Kat, Serax, and I in bg's were fun. The general attitude on the server has also gone to hell, while that isn't a change to WoW itself, for most of us older members of the server it is noticable.
Edited by Cobby on 11/8/2011 10:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
This is kinda my main I swap between Allacia and McFeely I started wow about 6 months before BC on my Rogue (Hagris) who is 81 at the moment.

Unbroken but I haven't raided since Kara

I've had characters on both side but now its strictly Alliance

Finished Kara a lot lol

Leveling now I used to pvp a lot but it got boring for me personally, I'm sure its still fun but I just got meh about it.

Pretty much everything, I enjoy the game, it would take a lot to make me rage quit

Nothing really I can adapt fairly quickly
Edited by Alebeard on 11/8/2011 5:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
^ hello there, stinky dorf! <3

- Tula here is my main, always and forever. I rolled him not long after KT went live in Oct. 2005. Technically, he was my second character created. My first was my hunter, Amardolas.

- Had a guild called Under Glass (anyone remember that? lol) that did a co-op thing w/ a couple of other guilds raiding ZG. But my first real raid experience was raiding w/ RD's alt runs in MC. Got like 6 epics in one run once. I kept saying no, but they just shoved them in my bags anyway. :P
- My first raiding guild was Daring Blades. I think we had the server 3rd Nefarian kill? 2nd? Can't quite remember that far back. haha Also had the server 1st (2nd?) Raz kill? Wow, time flies.

- Alliance. I had a hordie named Helushka for a long time, but he's been server transferred off KT for some time now. It's all Alliance, baby! ;-)

- Downing Nefarian and Raz in vanilla was awesome. They just don't make epic like the old days anymore.
- Killed Illidan and first few bosses in Sunwell in BC.
- Real life kinda took me away from the game after Naxx in Wrath, so after full clears on 25s of Naxx, I didn't raid for a while and I'm just now getting back in to it. Was able to get Ulduar, ToC and ICC cleared in Wrath, but on the late train for most of it.

- AVs that literally lasted for DAYS. Slade leading them. Those were so much fun!
- When they finally fixed itemization so that druids could actually TANK. Thank you BC!
- Downing Nef was incredible.
- Got lots of good memories w/ my peeps.

- I actually really like the phasing thing. It makes it feel like what your character does actually makes a difference.
- LFD is both good and bad. I'm gonna say mostly good. It would be even better if they worked a little harder to get groups together (if possible) based off server then battle group then region. Most of the time, it feels like it's all US servers thrown in together.
- I like that it's easier for people who have lives outside of WoW to get geared and be able to help out other guildies or friends with more advanced content.
- Real ID is nice.
- Being able to tank as a druid, instead of being stuck as resto if you're raiding.

- I miss familiar names in battlegrounds and random groups.
- Some parts of this game have become too easy, but I understand why they're doing it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
-Varlen, and I'm not sure of the date but between BT and original ZA release. Switched to this toon about halfway through Wrath.

-The Argonauts. I raided KZ, as Ret, in PvP gear, and it was awesome.

-Mostly Alliance, a little Horde now and again.

-Gruul in BC, Putricide in ICC 10. Sadly both were as a raiding mercenary, more or less.

-Even if it was at 85, fighting the Lich King was the most awesome thing I have ever done on WoW. Very fulfilling for longtime Warcraft fans like myself, and I finally got some closure for Wrath to boot.

-I like that it's much easier to gear up for raids and such, thanks to the LFD tool.

-Good get better, bad get worse. Wish there was another progression guild or two on the server.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
1) I started Vanilla when it was released, initially playing an Orc Warlock. I switched to Frostii (gnome mage), on Earthen Ring, then moved to Kirin Tor when my friends did.
2) A couple guilds on Earthen Ring (with my mage, Frostii). We did ZG and MC.
3) My very first toon was a horde warlock, Frostii is a gnome, my 2nd. btw in WotLK i leveled 7 toons to 80, good times.
4) ehhh hard to say. My first time @ the LK with the Daring Blades was pretty fun. We never did take him down as a guild, but some guildies got it done with someone else's guild (grrr). Also had some nice kills of the different dragon bosses. I've soloed all the BC heroics (did that at 80 actually).
5) Favorite part of WoW is exploring, and chatting in Trade. You meet some real characters in the Trade channel.
6) I like that skills & stuff don't cost as much gold, and you have more options early on (like, you can fly @ lvl 60 now, and get a mount at 20)
7) The game seemed more challenging during vanilla and BC. It seems easier now. Not sure I like that.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage

Wolfie, Tauren Shaman

Prophetic Fate

Both, I eventually went to Alliance full time and was with Seraphic.

Vanilla - Server first Onyxia kill and getting the server first Red Dragonscale Protector
BC - I wasn't really around KT for BC, I was playing my rogue on Cairne.
WotLK - Again, was not around for this, I was mostly here for social stuff and role play.

I will never forget the day that we beat Toxic for the realm first Onyxia kill. I also remembered the very fist AV that popped on the server that lasted 13 hours, I was there the whole time... Good times. I also remember the many, MANY days in the battlegrounds where cross realms did not exist.

As for all of WoW... Hands down getting my Scarab Lord title on my mage.

Duel specs by far.

The fact that the game gets changed so much because of PvP.
Edited by Aerithine on 11/25/2011 10:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
(1) What was the name of your main toon and when did you first start playing in Kirin Tor?

First was Moonfantal, my night elf rogue. Hit random for a name, was the first name that popped up, and I liked it so I kept it. (Sometimes I think about changing it, but my friends know me by that, so I keep it despite constant berating by the more popular person with a similar name and her friends... Even though back in vanilla I talked to her and found out I'd been playing six months longer than her. Something she does not remember. So, I didn't "steal" her name like her and her friends insist.)

Hmmm... I was with a guild called Section 9 that was a combination of being Ghost in the Shell fans and a leveling guild. Then when many of the leaders and higher levels got to 60, they decided to merge with a guild known as Deathwish. Deathwish later was disbanded. Remade later and many of us rejoined... Then the leader decided he wanted a more hardcore raiding guild and quit... guild fell apart and we disbanded... Later found out the two coolest friends from that guild joined The Librarian, so that's where I am now.

(I think there is a Deathwish guild now, but AFAIK it's not affiliated with any of us from the previous incarnations)

From the beginning i had both sides, but mostly played Moonfantal. It wasn't until Burning Crusade that I rolled my Blood Elf Paladin, Rayla and for a long time she was my main. Now, I have 3 almost 5 85's and try to get them all geared, but Moonfantal and Rayla are my priorities.

I was always more of a casual player, so didn't get into raiding until Wrath, and never actually finished much. Hoping to get some actual raiding done in Cataclysm and later Pandaren!

I actually miss the sense of accomplishment from getting Rayla's Charger and the Blood Knight Tabard is lost on new paladins. But, at least she has the achievement showing she did it.

So much I like... Unified flight paths for one. Flying in Azeroth! Really, there's so much.

I miss Paladins having special attacks vs. undead. I know it was never vs. players (I recall first time I ran into a human paladin player up by Scarlet Monastery on my undead warlock, I didn't know he was unable to attack me without my consent (in fact, I was such a noob, I was on a 7 day trial account!), and I was terrified and ran away thinking his uber paladin powers would affect me more because i was undead. Was kinda disappointed when I was told as a player I had nothing extra to fear as an undead warlock vs. an orc warlock.) but still. Paladins smiting undead is a staple of the paladin.
Edited by Moonfantal on 12/1/2011 8:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Hunter
I will never forget the day that we beat Toxic for the realm first Onyxia kill. I also remembered the very fist AV that popped on the server that lasted 13 hours, I was there the whole time

NERD
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
1. Tracen and started on Kirin Tor in March '06 [was originally on Feathermoon Feb. '05]
2 Kaldorei Kartel, until disband, during TBC.
3. Alliance
4. MC, BWL, AQ20, Kara, ZG, ZA.
5. "Endless" battles in classic AV and the TM/SS skirmishes.
6. LFG/LFR, transmogs, more options at endgame.
7. Turning Champions' Hall into a convenience store instead of keeping it as an officers lounge and the constant grind of pts. and rep for whatever.
Edited by Tracen on 12/13/2011 7:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Im probably the best RPer out of all of you
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/15/2011 11:39 AMPosted by Olatak

Interesting
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/15/2011 11:39 AMPosted by Olatak

I hate to admit it but you may be :(
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
k
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I'm not on the server anymore, nor am I around these forums much. But I want to post in case some old friends check these forums every now and then.

Teddytauren. I started playing on 2/18/06 and my first character was created on Kirin Tor.

My first guild was HONORBOUND when preciouss was leading it. I got kicked and joined Infinite Ascension to raid with them and Blacksky Company and some other guilds.

Just Horde

Best accomplishment? probably the 11/12 HICC, but the most fun I had was doing Kara with Infinite Ascension. It took us a long time, but it was fun content and I enjoyed hanging out with the guild.

I guess my last answer kindof answers this as well, but I'd add to it the Kirin Tor community. I enjoyed knowing a lot of people on the server and making the friends that I did.

Mechanics and design are just better thought out now. Back then itemization didn't make much sense and the game just didn't feel as clean.
I remember winning gloves off of majordomo in MC and then replacing them later that week with blue ones from ZG. The other plate wearers weren't too happy.

There isn't enough exploration. In Vanilla, all of Azeroth was new and waiting to be explored. When BC came out, we had an additional continent and instances and raids that took 30 minutes to run from beginning to end without even killing anything. WotLK brought even more exploration and interesting raids like ICC and Ulduar. Cata opened a few new zones, but the raids and instances are short.

Hello old friends. I miss you guys.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
1) First started KT with a Night Elf Druid... lasted all of 19 levels? Made an Undead Rogue named Ziel, and a bit later a Troll Huntard. Legionnaire Latro'Vir of Sen'Jin was my main toon around two month before TBC launched..?

Here's old Latro back in old TBC...

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/LatroVir/Warcraft/LatroPic1.jpg

2) <Rocket Boots> (or its successor... whose name fails me atm) was the first guild I ever did raids on... again shortly before TBC, so really not much to say there.
3) Horde 95% of the time. Started with a Nelf Druid, deleted. Had a Human then Dranei Pally, both deleted. Currently have my brother's Worgen Warrior at 70, which was the RAF cap...
4) Nothing noteworthy... sorry was a bit casual when it comes to raiding. I guess the most amusing thing is accidently managing to push XT into Heroic mode. Fun seeing everyone go "OH ****!" as he destroys the raid.

TBH raid guild drama is annoying... For example, I won Fury of the Five Flights as one of my first raid upgrades after the first successful Sarth+2D attempt by the guild I was invited to... The folks agreed to /roll for loot, as most were pretty up to snuff gearwise... FotFF drops... I win the roll. Someone throws a !@#$% fit at the fact that he had to roll and lose to a new recruit...

5) One of my favorite things to do in WoW *used* to be kiting elites with my hunter. In Vanilla I would rarely if ever do group quests in group. Kiting was waaaayy more fun to me.

Especially when mobs had no chain to them and could be dragged into cities, like the Vanilla version of Shadra.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/LatroVir/Warcraft/LatroPosedbyShadra.jpg

...or bringing the trio of level 60 elite CoT drakes into Gadgetzan back before the Brood of Nozdormu faction existed.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/LatroVir/Warcraft/3CoTDrakesbyGadget.jpg

First week of TBC... pissed off a good lot of raiders looking to level quickly... I single-handedly ruined *both* Thrallmar and Honor Hold thanks to the level 70 elite Legion troops marching towards the Dark Portal.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/LatroVir/Warcraft/LegioninHonorHold.jpg

I also would take Marshall Ilsidorin for a trip to Thrallmar on ocassion.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/LatroVir/Warcraft/MarshalIlsildorinThrallmar.jpg
He got a real *kick* out of it.

6) Exploring Azeroth after the Cataclysm was pretty amusing... Blizz really put a lot of work in making most zones feel new and fresh. The classes also feel a great deal more distinct than before, especially when a number of them received a tertiary resource system to mix up a lot of their gameplay. Both combined made me go altoholic and level 7 toons to their 60s. Only class I have yet to play now is Mage.

7) Lack of open world challenges... I used to love areas where pulling packloads of mobs was possible... or where Elites are more than capable of two shotting you. Now? Outdoor elites are rare... and in the case of Cataclysm zones, mostly jokes. Oh and most lower level zones are devoid of Players thanks to the super-convenient BG and Dungeon queue systems. (I enjoy the system... but really do a /who at any random zone... very surprising if they'll have more than a handful of players in it)
Edited by Latrovir on 1/17/2012 12:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Shaman
1) <--- and Dec 2005
2) Blacklisted
3) Horde
4) MC, BWL, and AQ 40 up to Princess Huhuran, then I had to leave for RL reasons (though Waar thought otherwise, believing I quit after he raged at me for not raiding enough, lol)
5) Hard to say, between that one 12+ hour AV, the endless battles between SS and Tarren Mill/Astranaar and Splintertree, or the defenses of XRoads ...
6) Not sure really
7) How little Blizz focuses on World PvP now, how you rarely fight against people you know in BGs nowadays, and how trivial the levels before 85 are now :[

And yes, I dont play on Kirin Tor anymore, but I figured I'd pop by and see what kind of replies I could get.
Edited by Stormgazer on 1/17/2012 11:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I left Kil'Jaeden Alliance mid BC.

KT has been my home since.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]