To all Kirin Tor veterens...

90 Night Elf Druid
Started back during TBC.

Whatever happened to Tizzle, Boland, Dom, Katalo, etc?

Moved on to bigger and better things, huh?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
1) What was the name of your main toon and when did you first start playing in Kirin Tor?
Celi, some times during bc
2) What was your first raiding guild?
Dark lords of azeroth (first guild)
also raided with :
Creeping Death
Angel Of Darkness
The A List
Incarnate
Faceroll Syndicate
Relentless

3) Alliance or Horde or both?
Horde
4) Best accomplishment in your raids in all expansions on this server !
Wolk...ICC but didnt finish it

5) What was your most favorite part in all of WoW?
/latenight , guild communities
6) What do you like most about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla?

More interesting encounters.

7) What don't you like about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla?

DK's and monks.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
1) What was the name of your main toon and when did you first start playing in Kirin Tor?
-Mournpala - November 2005.
Shout out to Aitzilop! The first person on my friends list!

- Started making and running pug raids until it became Late Night Raiders, which was still just organized puggers whose guilds weren't running raid content. LNE was formed right before BC.

- Horde

4) Best accomplishment in your raids in all expansions on this server.
- Tough to say... Best feeling was probably killing Ragnaros in a PUG raid despite it "being impossible" according to many.

5) What was your most favorite part in all of WoW?
- Southshore.... Also, all the people I met running raids as LNR before we became a guild was really a great experience. There were literally hundreds, I still have the spreadsheets.

6) What do you like most about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla?
- Fits my life better. Super casual. 4 raids a weeks? Ain't nobody got time for dat!

7) What don't you like about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla?
- The purpose and gameplay aspect of lore and key requirements for instances were lost and I still miss those parts of the game. Instances felt much more epic when it took you 2 weeks just to be able to enter the front door as opposed to hitting the "I" button and getting into a turnkey raid.

/moo
Reply Quote
94 Tauren Druid
Lots of familiar names in this thread. Cool to see so many old faces still around!

Urago is the very first character I ever created in WoW. I started here in May 2007 when a RL friend finally convinced me to subscribe.

2) What was your first raiding guild? The Free Legion. I was with them throughout most of BC, but was with Grim Legion near the end of BC and Quietus for the beginning of Wrath before finally returning to The Free Legion.

3) Alliance or Horde or both? Horde, baby. Dabbled a bit in Alliance but never got anyone past lvl 52.

4) Best accomplishment in your raids in all expansions on this server (i.e. Killed Ossirian in AQ20, Killed Kil'jaeden in Sunwell 25, Thorim in Ulduar 10, etc...) Finally getting Yogg-Saron killed right before ICC opened. We made it to him before ToC opened, but despite weeks of attempts, just couldn't pull it together to consistently reach phase 3. Everything finally started gelling & the team really pulled together and got it done. To me, it was the epitome of what raiding is all about.

5) What was your most favorite part in all of WoW? (i.e. leveling, downing certain bosses, pwning in an 8hr Alterac Valley bg, etc...) Tough call... I loved the ambience of Karazhan & the epicness of the Kael'thas fight in TK, but I really think the most fun I ever had in any raid throughout my whole WoW experience was Ulduar. Such an amazing raid from start to finish. Fantastic concept, fun bosses, engaging mechanics, and the most rewarding challenges from the WotLK era.

6) What do you like most about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla? I think questing from 1-58 is a more coherent experience, there's more of a congruent storyline & the whole thing just flows a little better. Also, sharing mounts and achievements across all characters is a welcome change.

7) What don't you like about the new changes to WoW vs. what it was like during BC or Vanilla? While the levelling experience is more cohesive, the thrill of exploration was lost in translation. Finding an obscure, out-of-the way quest or the world-spanning quests that sent you all over the map hunting different items or mobs (Nat Pagle's quest to go above 225 Fishing and the infamous "It's a Secret to Everyone" immediately spring to mind) that managed to be epic without purples gave the game a lot of flavor that I think it's missing now. But ultimately, it's the people who have moved on from the KT community that I spent long hours with back in 2007 that made the game so incredibly awesome that I miss the most in the new game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
1) Sarlicic

2) Kaldorei Kartel

3) Alliance

4) We had Finished MC, ZG, and Onyxia, and AQ, and were working ow BWL when i stopped playing for awhile due to hardware malfunction.

5) May sound corny but i really miss my old guildmates. Raiding, killing that final boss, or winning a severly long game of AV are always great, but I miss those people who don't log on anymore.

It's a lot to take in coming back at the beginning of the expansion of Pandoria. Having to actually read skills again is a big deal for me. For instance when I realized that the warrior talent vigilance did nothing that it used to do i was surprised. One of the cooler things that have changed is that rare monsters feel more like mini boss fights than they used to back in vanilla thru wotlk.

7) I don't like that they've taken away the option to see certain dungeons in their original form. I know, i know cataclysm and all that... I still cherish that content, even though they have revamped things I still wish I could go back and see it how it was again.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Murphey, an orc hunter. I rolled a day after the server opened. I remember because I got WoW for my birthday from one of my friends. :)
Well my first raid was with late night raiders. I started actually doing raids with Rocket Boots and Cthulhu Rising later on.
Started alliance but went to horde with a RL friend.
4) Best accomplishment in your raids in all expansions on this server (i.e. Killed Ossirian in AQ20, Killed Kil'jaeden in Sunwell 25, Thorim in Ulduar 10, etc...)
Killing Ragnaros with LNR was cool. Getting AQ 20 with Rocket Boots before they disbanded. Joined BL and got horde first Tier 5 shoulders. Horde first Magtheridon and Gruul. I was a pretty bad hunter back then though. :\
5) What was your most favorite part in all of WoW? (i.e. leveling, downing certain bosses, pwning in an 8hr Alterac Valley bg, etc...)
Not necessarily WoW, but definitely with Kirin Tor. Seemed like a very tight knit community. I grinded to Lt. General with all the HWL's. Getting up in the morning during the summer, getting the 10 or 15 people together for pvp'ing AB or WSG, owning the alliance and doing that for 12+ hours. Probably the best times I had in WoW was during that summer doing pvp. This was before cross-realm BG's too. So owning KT alliance...very sweet. :)
I honestly loved Vanilla WoW. More than any other expansion. But that could be the nostalgia talking too...
They really cater to casuals now. Not to say that I am not a casual, because I am, but they really made it easier to get gear and even raid with pugs.

On a side note: Hi to everyone who I played with. Moved on from Kirin Tor obviously.

Also, Haline...still hanging around here?
Edited by Nancydruid on 12/24/2012 6:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Started about five months before BC, just posted to mention that (very rarely) the Poor Sages are around and kicking!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Just coming back from a 2 year break and saw this thread as I dropped by.

1) SK

2) DoA / Relentless Dawn

3) Both

4) Raidleading / Stealing the realm first C'thun kill from Judicate or hitting Rank 14 and cheering from my mom's basement when I was covered in biological substances and pizza rolls.

5) Raiding / PvP'ing with DOA / RD + friends all night.

6) Not sure what I like most about the changes to the game... after 2 years, it feels like a completely different, easier game than before. The old wow player in me would have hated this, but seeing how I can't really dedicate as much time to the game as I used to (or want to), it's actually good for me.

7) The things I dislike most about this game have not changed much. First would be the community... people have the attitude of entitlement and are generally unfriendly. The next would be the developers who have catered to this sort of behavior in order to fluff subscription numbers, which appears to be backfiring in some ways now. These were my main gripes when I played more often, but I am so far removed from the game now that there are probably more I have not / will not notice.

I also believe that the monthly cost is too high. I'm not poor, but I believe it should be cut down below $10/ month.

Any old friends reading this, feel free to email me at evilsk08@gmail.com and we can link up on FB / text. You can also add my battle tag MasterSK#1789

Best Regards

Oh... and I can't forget this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqVEAjvOlxA
Edited by Sk on 2/1/2013 8:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
1) <--- but I was an Orc female back at the end of vanilla. Hopped over to KT in the summer of '06 after my pvp grind ended (I burnt out at rank 11, came from a THEN competitive pvp server).
2) Joined Rocket Boots, Then that evolved (I suppose) into Khagan. But most of TBC was spent in Chapter Seven... but "I" was an alt then and my new main was my belf pally (yehven).
3) horde
4) We killed bosses in AQ20 that no one else had recorded, and cleared BT/MH in C7.
5) 2 things back then... wrecking faces as a fury warrior in vanilla while also off-tanking like a n00b, and ret pvp in TBC (don't ask, it just had that swagger to it that)
6) Even though this has been a retired alt for some time now... I love SMF, it brings back my vanilla/tbc joys that I had as a fury warrior. :3
7) I hate that I know everything now, I miss "exploring" class and spec options. also the new car smell WoW used to have has died off. I'm starting to smell mold...
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Warrior
While I'm not on the server, I did make my start here.

1) Lycathe. I started a few months before the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj opened.

2)First raiding guild was Dark Titans.

3)Alliance

4)Biggest accomplishment for me was helping down Ragnaros.

5)I love the scenery, both then and now!

6)Levelling and gearing is much faster, which I am thankful for.

7)Cross realms just seem to bug me more often then not for some reason.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
1) I remember starting a few months before Burning Crusade launched, on my Druid.
2)First raiding guild was Solamnic Knights, though not the best raiders we tried.
3)Alliance through and through, could never get into horde.
4)Biggest accomplishment for me was attaining an officer status in the guild, and being looked up to as one of the best!
5)Favorite part of Warcraft would be the social element among avatars, there is so many people from all over the world I wouldn't have been able to meet otherwise.
6) The game has come a long way from what it was, sad that most of Vanilla is nearly gone in feel now. But everything is so refined, the game has all new systems in place and updated engines almost no bugs, all the classes have new spells. The element of class specific quests has been gone and doesnt really play into depth as I wish it would. The one thing I don't like is how easy it has become.. and how reliant dps are on healers to heal them when standing in fire hehe.
7)There isnt much I dont enjoy about the game now, a few small things but nothing major.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Started back during TBC.

Whatever happened to Tizzle, Boland, Dom, Katalo, etc?

Moved on to bigger and better things, huh?

Katalo rescued my family from the taffy mines, light bless him!
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
1) This toon. Changed name 3 times: Laiannon/Cativia/Jessicat. Started in vanilla about a year after launch.

2) Misadventure, Inc. Didn't so much raid as do a lot of LBRS/UBRS runs. Raided in Outland with Army of Light.

3) Alliance mostly but had a few horde toons.

4) Mags/Gruuls, parts of TK, SSC, BT; ToC, ICC

5) What was your most favorite part in all of WoW? Meeting so many great people I wouldn't have met otherwise. That's probably what I miss most since several friends have left WoW.

6) I do enjoy the new environments and to some extent the ability to level/progress faster.

7) At the same time I miss taking time to enjoy each zone and having to do all the quests. Now you can just breeze through and not really experience the areas around you or the lore involved.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Razle in late Vanilla.

Codex, I'm thankful to them for getting me interested in raiding and carrying my sorry butt, I had no idea what I was doing.

Was Alliance, gone full Horde since Wrath.

4) Best accomplishment in your raids in all expansions on this server (i.e. Killed Ossirian in AQ20, Killed Kil'jaeden in Sunwell 25, Thorim in Ulduar 10, etc...)
TBC: Vashj, almost got Kael :D
Wrath: LK Normal, I can't remember how much heroic I did but I'm sure I did a few bosses..
Cata: Ultraxion Heroic
MoP: In progress, but will probably be Ra-Den heroic soon :D

5) What was your most favorite part in all of WoW? (i.e. leveling, downing certain bosses, pwning in an 8hr Alterac Valley bg, etc...)
Raiding and progressing on bosses was and is my favourite part of WoW. I also quite like finding ways to better play any character I have, being the best I can be is my goal.

I love the addition of dungeon finder, as finding people to do certain dungeons could be like pulling teeth on some days. I'm also quite fond of the revamp to all of the zones, as some could be quite dry and repetitive while now there are interesting and enjoyable quests... don't tell me you didn't like punching Deathwing in the face! ;D

To be honest, I don't find that anything was any better in Vanilla. In Burning Crusade however I felt that the raiding experience was the most meaningful. You had to get through every raid to move on and every boss kill was something to be proud of.
Reply Quote
1) Shatere Night Elf Hunter Nov 05
2) Order of the Murloc
3) Started as alliance then switched to Horde and LOVED IT!
4) Prince Malchezaar and Heroic Murmur xD Swift Zulian Tiger dropping w/ Sibant (love you man!)
5) Dancing on the fence outside of Karazhan with guildies on Raid Night "Stayin' Alive! HA! HA! HA! HA!"
6) Account Wide Mounts, More stable lots, No Ammo, Transmog, Pet Battles.
7) Hunter Focus! so-much-haaaaate!
Reply Quote
95 Human Warlock
Oh god, my feels...

1) Ryuke (Was a Human Rogue at the time), December 2005. Technically joined the server earlier in October or November under a Tauren Druid (whose name I forget), but he was quickly discarded and I mained Alliance for the rest of my time here.

2) Academy of the Arcane (Was part of a guild alliance known as the Fellowship of the Kirin Tor, or FoKT).

3) Alliance. My main Horde characters are over on Skullcrusher.

4) Killing Ragnaros for the first/only time in Vanilla is still probably what I'd consider the "best" raid achievement, even if it's mostly out of nostalgia. That moment was amazing.

5) In general just spending time with awesome guildmates in Piscus Inferno from late 2006 to mid 2007. Too many fun memories were had, from the crazy times out in the world doing naked Gnome races and group content to the fun times raiding Karazhan.

6) There are a lot of things I like now... kinda numerous to list off, but in general I like how seamless cross-server grouping is + the account-wide titles/achievements/mounts/pets. Makes it less intimidating to roll a fresh start on another server, which I'll probably do at some point if I stick around for the long term.

7) Not a huge fan of how guilds kind of lost their emphasis and the community in general has died across the game. I blame Blizzard for making WoW too soloable instead of just more solo-friendly like it was in Vanilla and Burning Crusade. They could've put in other content for solo players (like something akin to RIFT's Chronicles) rather than shoehorning them into raids via the LFR tool.
Edited by Ryuke on 9/19/2013 9:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
1 Sucasasa but the first I sat and got into was Traa.

2 Order of Twilight.

3 Ally

4 Little bit of everything first fully downed raid was kara.

5. Chilling with a bunch of friends on vent and doing heroics back in BC.

6. A lot of the changes I enjoy, elemental changes so far have been nice.

7. Difficulty and community kind of sliding into the back seat it feels.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
1) Chisato, blood elf mage, began just before WotLK
2) Grim Legion
3) Horde
4) Probably completing Immortal and Undying
5) Raiding with friends
6) Accessibility of the game, wide variety of activities, fun team activities
7) I didn't play during BC or vanilla. I don't have much to complain about with changes since I think they're good for the most part
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]