[BUG] Masterwork elementium deathblade speed

(Locked)

100 Human Warrior
The in game tool-tip for this weapon lists it as a 3.8 speed, the recipe also says it's a 3.8.

However, upon equipping it, my swing speed is lower (3.32) than when using my 3.6 speed Akirus (3.46). I believe the game is thinking it is a 3.5 speed sword. The difference in haste alone is not enough to have caused this disparity.
Edited by Softenrage on 7/18/2011 5:21 AM PDT
90 Dwarf Hunter
Akirus has Expertise and Mastery, where as the Deathblade has Haste and Mastery. This haste could be a contributing factor to the lowered speed.

According to WoWHead, the Deathblade's speed is 3.5. Try clearing out your cache folder, it may be holding the wrong information for the weapon.
Edited by Steelfistv on 7/18/2011 4:15 AM PDT
100 Human Warrior
Cleared my cache as suggested, logged back in, still says 3.8.
Reforged the sword has 145 haste.

As an experiment, in my current setup, I reforged some gear to gain 144 haste. With Akirus, I went from 3.46 to 3.42.

With a 3.8 speed weapon this difference would be slightly higher, but negligibly. If Akirus were 3.8 speed then the speed would be 3.65 w/o or 3.6 at most with that extra 145 haste.

The deathblade puts me at 3.32, not 3.6 as it should if it were a 3.8 speed weapon.

To add, I don't really care which it's actually supposed to be, if its a 3.5 speed weapon with a bad tooltip, or a 3.8 speed weapon with wrong implementation. Hell, it could even be just fine, but for some reason my character sheet is where the error is. But, something is wrong, and I don't buy the answer to my in game ticket that the item is working as intended.
Edited by Softenrage on 7/18/2011 5:04 AM PDT
90 Dwarf Hunter
The Deathblade is a 3.5 speed weapon. It even says so on your armory.

It may have been a last minute change, where the in-game tooltip wasn't updated. Tooltip updates can't be hotfixed, you'll need to wait for a client-side patch.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Two handed swords are generally slower then the rest of the two handed weapons from what I've seen in game, only exception I've seen were pvp weapons where they are all the same speed. It does make a difference though. Save for normalized attacks, slower weapons do more damage. If it's supposed to be a weapon speed of 3.8, I'd like to see it get fixed. Thank you.
90 Dwarf Hunter
All that's wrong is the tooltip hasn't been updated. The weapon, for all intents and purposes is a 3.5 speed weapon.
85 Orc Death Knight
Wow...
85 Orc Death Knight
Is this intended?
1 Dwarf Warrior
Whiskey.
Tango.
Foxtrot.

These are selling for an enormous amount on my server right now. Stealth nerfing this to 3.5 is massively underhanded...
100 Blood Elf Paladin
07/18/2011 08:52 PMPosted by Ghatok
Is this intended?

yeah blizzard, is it intended to be 3.5...ie, what is bugged about it, the tooltip, or the speed?
90 Human Paladin
Whiskey.
Tango.
Foxtrot.

These are selling for an enormous amount on my server right now. Stealth nerfing this to 3.5 is massively underhanded...
85 Orc Death Knight
Whiskey.
Tango.
Foxtrot.

How much?
90 Human Paladin
started at 20k for the first 3 or so now there's 2 up for 17.5k (approx.)
85 Orc Death Knight
07/18/2011 10:32 PMPosted by Rowly
started at 20k for the first 3 or so now there's 2 up for 17.5k (approx.)

sweet
85 Human Death Knight
This is so shady, its like Blizzards new thing is to just waste people's time. First the honor thing now this. This game is going downhill.
85 Orc Death Knight
Bump for blue response.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]