[BUG] Masterwork elementium deathblade speed

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
Just spoke with a GM. They know exactly what's going on.

Alright, I am afraid that the fact that the speed and min/max damage values are not accurate is something we are aware of and our developement team is working to correct this.

When asked which is incorrect, the tooltip or the weapon:

The tooltip is incorrect. I can assure you though that 659.2 is the weapons average DPS and the actual damage values and speed for it are 1845 - 2769 and the weapon has a speed of 3.5

When asked if they would rectify the situation with a refund:

I am sorry for any confusion however we will not be able to reverse the crafting or enchanting of the weapon =(. If you can tell me the name of your old weapon I may be able to restore that for you though.

So, obviously their mistake, and we get screwed.

Wow, what can you say.
85 Orc Warrior
Blizzard, I would like an open apology to anyone who got screwed over by this error of yours.

This includes anyone who wasted money and/or materials to get the weapon crafted, anyone who wasted time getting the orbs, and anyone who suffered a dps loss as a result of your error. This also includes anyone who will get screwed by the plummeting market when news of this becomes more widespread.

Thanks.
100 Goblin Death Knight
07/20/2011 03:21 PMPosted by ßamf
Blizzard, I would like an open apology to anyone who got screwed over by this error of yours.

I'll settle for the original...

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/99658/masterwork-elementium-deathblade/
Edited by Kahk on 7/20/2011 4:38 PM PDT
85 Orc Warrior
07/20/2011 04:38 PMPosted by Kahk

I'll settle for the original...

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/99658/masterwork-elementium-deathblade/

I would settle for that as well, obviously, but as someone said in this thread, they spoke with a GM and apparently the 3.5 speed is intended.
100 Draenei Paladin
Just spoke with a GM. They know exactly what's going on.

When asked which is incorrect, the tooltip or the weapon:

When asked if they would rectify the situation with a refund:

So, obviously their mistake, and we get screwed.

Wow, what can you say.

So false advertising on the weapon which forced some people to waste thousands of gold and/or materials on a completely worthless item.

What was the point of even putting this sword in the game? Exactly who would use it in such a state.

Huzzah for Blizzard, glad I didn't get one crafted.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 7/20/2011 4:47 PM PDT
85 Gnome Death Knight
Not very happy with Blizzard at the moment. I just spent 10k getting this thing crafted to find out it's "bugged" or "working as intended" or whatever Blizzard wants to say. My Sword of Bottomless Pit does more dps than the Masterwork Elementium Deathblade. To say the least I'm pretty pissed at the moment.

Fix it Blizz.
1 Dwarf Warrior
LOL, this pattern was almost my sole reason for doing the FL dailies. Why should I keep playing now? :(
100 Human Paladin
If this is 3.5 spd I want my mats back, including the orbs the crafter burned.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Sigh...I really wish I would have even thought to try and look this up before I had the sword crafted today. As you all did I equipped it thinking awesome I should see a lot more damage...but as you know I put it on and I was like what? My low end damage actually decreased but it was supposed to be 208 higher than the low end on my akirus. With the same token the top end only increased by 15, this is way off from the "advertised" increase 313 over akirus. I sure hope that they make this sword a 3.8 or we all just lost a whole lot of gold/time/mats for something that is worthless. It doesn't make sense to me to make a 2 hander that has a very marginal (at best) top end damage. Looking at the crafted str 1 hander it has almost 100 more top end damage than a soul blade, seems logical that a 2 hander would be the same sort of increase. Anyway as we all know a 3.5 weapon when expecting a 3.8 is just a waste...
90 Undead Warlock
Why would they even have a 3.5 2H sword?
100 Night Elf Druid
Generally speaking, Blizzard has only ever offered compensation for their own mistakes; such as the recent PvP/honor incidents. However, compensation has never been awarded for bugs (such as an incorrect display on a tooltip, as it's usually caused by local data taint) or a simple item change.

Even if compensation were to be awarded, it's not at QA's discretion to do so. Compensation isn't a bug. It used to be that requests for compensation were to be directed to the suggestions forum, however there isn't one of those anymore - making the best place to lodge such a request the General discussion forum.
85 Orc Death Knight
Bump for a response.
100 Human Paladin
The speed is a lie.
85 Draenei Priest
It does lower weapon damage than 3.8 speed 359 weapons. At least decrease its speed enough that it's an upgrade over those. 3.6 is pretty standard for 2h weapons, 3.5 is fast.

A lot of people wouldn't have ever made/bought this weapon if the tooltip had been correct in the first place. They're not cheap, particularly the orbs.

Who uses fast 2h weapons, anyway??
Edited by Tiakatt on 7/21/2011 8:19 AM PDT
85 Tauren Paladin
Are there any other 3.5 speed 2handers in Cata? Why start adding them now? Its an odd and awkward number. I'm sick of hearing "Working as intended" every time Blizzard fails. Its inexcusable. I dont want my crafting mats back. I want the ilvl 365 to be better than the ilvl 359. Is that too much to ask? I bet we wont have this problem with Lightsabers when the Star Wars MMO comes out. I hope that isnt too subtle for you, Blizz.
100 Goblin Death Knight
I talked to a GM last night and she/he said that the 3.5speed lower damage numbers is the intended item stats.

When I asked who the heck was supposed to use that weapon the GM was as perplexed as us and said, "I have no idea."

I asked him/her to go slap the item designer on the back of the head.

Here is what I am starting to think happened:
∙ Item was originally (test 4.2) 3.8speed ~3200 top end damage.
∙ Lead Designer did not like that it was almost the same as loot drop from Shannox.
∙ Lead Designer made a task that said, "Nerf this weapon".
∙ Item Designer nerfed, at close to last moment, item to 3.8 speed ~3000 top end damage.
∙ Item Designer did not mark task as completed and went on vacation.
∙ Associate Designer renerfed item, at very last moment, to 3.5 speed ~ 2800 top end damage.
Edited by Kahk on 7/21/2011 9:03 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The problem is with 3.5 speed its barely an upgrade over the 3.6 Akirus and Shalugdoom as well as not even an upgrade over Zinrohk and the nef one. This really needs to be fixed, at least move it for 3.6 speed ffs.
Irritated as well.
I wanted my 3.8speed Weapon.
What i got was 3.5.

Intentional?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]