[BUG] Masterwork elementium deathblade speed

(Locked)

85 Gnome Warrior
Glad I read this before I crafted two of these. I had planned on making myself 2 today for my offspec. I'll keep my weapons from ZG now.
90 Dwarf Warrior
WTH, blizzard, at least get this back to 3.6.
90 Human Paladin
Bump for acknowledgement.

The entire time of the PTR, the entire time from 4.2 up to opening the vendor for this recipe and you (Blizzard) can't comment.
I specifically set out on the rep grind for this item and you've changed it right when it becomes available or knowingly never mentioned the change. What a disrespectful way to treat your customers.
85 Orc Death Knight
07/21/2011 09:22 AMPosted by Pukka
Glad I read this before I crafted two of these. I had planned on making myself 2 today for my offspec. I'll keep my weapons from ZG now.

Glad it helped at least one person.

Still love a blue reply, please. I don't feel asking for one is unwarranted.
85 Human Paladin
Had one crafted for me last night. I wish I would have waited. Oh well.
85 Human Death Knight
Having read this thread, I'm sincerely regretting having this sword made for me. Moreso because it wasn't even MY truegold, a friend of mine used his out of the goodness of his heart because I was willing to spam heroics with his blacksmith alt until he had the orbs. So instead of the amazing upgrade I was supposed to get, I'm getting something I might as well use a vicious t1 weapon instead of? How in the world is THAT fair?

Either the MED needs to become what the tooltip SAID it is, or at least a 3.6, or it is going to be a pointless weapon.
85 Worgen Warrior
"This is so shady, its like Blizzards new thing is to just waste people's time. First the honor thing now this. This game is going downhill."

technically speaking... blizzard offers a product... if you use it and aren't satisfied, then continuing usage is an act of wasting your OWN time...

and in this case, you obviously love the product.. because if you think the difference in a weapon's speed is a major factor e.g., 3.5 vs 3.8), then you might be putting too much importance on the game in general. the difference is not in any way shape or form any major difference to anything important...

if you think are wasting too much time playing wow.. play wow LESS! :)
Edited by Worgamer on 7/21/2011 11:07 AM PDT
90 Goblin Death Knight
07/21/2011 11:07 AMPosted by Worgamer
if you think are wasting too much time playing wow.. play wow LESS! :)

If you came to find out that your Worgen sucked 7% more than you were explicity told by Blizzard it did... wouldn't you be mad?

Point is the data that was given to us by Blizzard led people to waste time, mats, and hopes on an upgrade when those hopes, time, and mats could have been spared for something more useful since it is not an upgrade at all.
Edited by Kahk on 7/21/2011 11:15 AM PDT
85 Orc Death Knight
Having read this thread, I'm sincerely regretting having this sword made for me. Moreso because it wasn't even MY truegold, a friend of mine used his out of the goodness of his heart because I was willing to spam heroics with his blacksmith alt until he had the orbs. So instead of the amazing upgrade I was supposed to get, I'm getting something I might as well use a vicious t1 weapon instead of? How in the world is THAT fair?

Either the MED needs to become what the tooltip SAID it is, or at least a 3.6, or it is going to be a pointless weapon.

Ouch :(
90 Human Paladin
Bump for acknowledgement.

I specifically set out on the rep grind for this item and you've changed it right when it becomes available or knowingly never mentioned the change. What a disrespectful way to treat your customers.
12 Blood Elf Paladin
Crafted items are not suppose to out do raid items. Obviously this is what was happening here, so bliz nerfed the speed and therefore the dmg threshold on the item so that it did not out do raid drops.
Edited by Jeslanda on 7/21/2011 2:05 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
07/21/2011 02:04 PMPosted by Jeslanda
Crafted items are not suppose to out do raid items. Obviously this is what was happening here, so bliz nerfed the speed and therefore the dmg threshold on the item so that it did not out do raid drops.

That's awesome and all, but if that were the intent shouldn't the weapon be ilvl 359 similar to last tier's crafted items? Should every single new crafted in the future be worse than T11 weapons aside from raid drop recipes? The ilvl 365 indicates to me that these should be a filler between T11 and T12 normal content. As is, heroic T11 weapons should be and are better options.

As it stands, this is a minor upgrade at best compared to my Akirus. I could have better spent the materials on making a different weapon to sell or create the Unbreakable sword for my Protection spec.
This needs to be addressed and needs to be put back in the 3.6/3.8 place. I spent 3 weeks farming for tokens so I would be able to upgrade my DK/Ret weapons.
Edited by Dinadan on 7/21/2011 2:33 PM PDT
90 Orc Death Knight
Well if it's the case, I'll use it as a tanking weapon.
85 Human Death Knight
Still no response from a blue eh? This seriously needs to be answered and addressed. Especially with the fact that to many people (Myself included.) pushed thru the long grind of Hyjal dailies to unlock this pattern for a upgrade only to find out its BARELY better then a weapon (Akirus) that can be attained within 5 to 10 minutes in a PuG raid. A blue response would be nice to at least clarify if we did indeed waste the time and mats on this. Because as it stands now myself like many others feel cheated on a higher ilevel weapon that utter crap in its current state.
90 Goblin Death Knight
BTW... Fang of the Leviathan is what it should look like.
85 Human Paladin
id really like to know what the intended speed is before i put in a ticket for it to get uncrafted while i proably wont actucally see that happen i am quite irritated that i wasted all that time and mats and it turned out a waste because the tooltip is wrong
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]