Not a Single Shaman on HRag Kill ???

1 Goblin Hunter
And not a single ele in top guild 1st kill....

working as intended blizzard?

It's so incredibly anecdotal there isn't even a proper frame of reference for having this debate.

Yes, it's working as intended that the first guild in the world to kill Heroic Ragnaros was allowed to bring whatever players/classes they were confident would help get the job done.

Except this is happening on EVERY world first kill that matters since cataclysm came out. This isn't something "new."
85 Draenei Shaman
Paragon's HM LK kill had no mages...but just look at the now.

Patience my boy in the next 9 kills a shaman will be there.
Edited by Miarralol on 7/19/2011 4:36 PM PDT
85 Goblin Shaman
Remember when the world second kill had shaman? And the third? and the fourth? And many more after it?

I do.

I'm not seeing the problem.
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I saw no shamans, My shaman is still benched till he can pull viable numbers.
90 Worgen Warrior
paragon had 2 rets in top 5 dps on their h lk 25 kill.

how far we have fallen. :(
At least you'll never be as bad as you were in TBC? :p
Community Manager
There's 25 slots in a raid.

There's 30 specs in the game.

Do the math, there's always going to be someone left out.

What are the odds that all 3 Shaman specs would be part of the 5 that didn't make it?

It doesn't matter at all unless you can verify and prove that Heroic Ragnaros is impossible, or way more difficult to kill, when a specific class or specialization is represented in the raid.

You're forcing together a couple of incredibly fragmented pieces of data -- and the sample size of that tested data is 25 players in the whole world fighting one boss in the entire game -- to extrapolate an entire thesis on class balance.

No one is going to benefit from trying to make an argument out of this.
85 Goblin Shaman
07/19/2011 04:39 PMPosted by Zarhym

Now, now Zarhym. Logic has no place here. So silly. :3

But you're absolutely right. Shaman are in a fine place as it is. Paragon would take shaman if shaman did 1 more DPS than another class. That's just how it works. Focus on enjoying your gameplay, not theirs.
Edited by Ranixxi on 7/19/2011 4:42 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Honestly I'd just like for my shaman to be viable in all of the fights as elemental so I could play him. Dare I sarcastically say.... is it working as intended when I can't play what I enjoy because everything else does my job better. Not that I want to call things out but The elemental 2 set just does nothing for us in several of these fights. Edit*(Not sure but I think sub rogues and frost mages beat Elemental shamans right now, and Elemental was supposed to be a pve spec persay.)

Then again most of the "Cry Wolf" here is for Dps shamans and to a lesser extent Resto shamans. People like being the best, and even though most of us average folks will not achieve "Best" we generally try to emulate them(Being a small number of players, I could not give a accurate number).

Sure they are the best in the world of warcraft, but for those cheering the top guilds on and not seeing their class get represented.... it makes them feel bad.

Thats my feedback. I wont get into how I feel about our dps anymore yet.
Edited by Eldamaar on 7/19/2011 4:46 PM PDT
3 Goblin Shaman
There's also weird stuff going on with the comp posted on mmo-champ. a bunch of those guys don't have the achievement at all, tons of them are logged out naked and without talent trees.

Paragon obviously doesn't want everyone to know the secrets of their success quite yet.
85 Worgen Priest
Going to grab some popcorn to watch the holy priests complain, although without logs we cant yet be sure there was none due to some of the players wiping their gear and specs off armory. They sure did bring in a bunch of shadow priest though.
85 Goblin Shaman
Gratz Dream parogon on the first world kill!

meany good point have been brought by both side shamy and none shamy even the forum master too.

Not all class can have knockback deathgrip and high dps it seam
Not all the heal can have theire healing tool work the same
Not all melee dps can stun apparently

The point that Dream paragon don't have a good shamy in theire guild funny to think about s'ince they are «La creme de la creme» lol

yes other class or spec haven't been selected! When you try to form a raid you try to have the best comp that you can have for the kill you tried to do! With the mécanique and all that. But it's kind of fun too that loot piece drop from those boss that not even favor that class to be bring!

there always gona be unhappy pepole and those that are happy about what a game is suppos to be«Fun»

Gratz again Dream Paragon

Just hope in near furtur to se kill with shamy that all i can say at least resto one so i can feel more wanted lol
85 Orc Shaman

It's so incredibly anecdotal there isn't even a proper frame of reference for having this debate.

Yes, it's working as intended that the first guild in the world to kill Heroic Ragnaros was allowed to bring whatever players/classes they were confident would help get the job done.

Yes ur correct sir they are allowed to bring anything they want. I believe the author of this post should have actually stated the lack of dps shamans being used in heroic raids by progressing guilds. Just want some more scaling with gear.
90 Orc Shaman

And why do you think the world first guilds continue to not bring any Shamans. Is it because they're in such a good place right now they didn't want people to complain that they were class stacking Shamans because of how amazing they are?

This is the 3rd world first end boss kill in the past 3 patches where there was not ONE DPS Shaman in the raid makeup (And only one Resto Shaman in the past 3 world first end boss kills). You can keep saying EVERY new patch that they can bring what they want and that there is nothing that you can do, but you should really look at why they aren't bringing one class every single time.

There's nothing I can possibly say about the DPS state of Shamans that hasn't already been said, especially for my spec of Elemental. They don't bring these specs for a reason, and it's because they are behind all of the other DPS classes and there is no reason to bring them and cripple your raid.

So keep using your typical and cookie cutter responses and laugh it off again for the 3rd patch in a row that we're over reacting. We all just need to learn how to play our class and our specs because you did such a perfect job creating them. But if you continue to do nothing, expect to not see DPS Shamans in the next 10 content patches, because there is no reason for a top notch guild bring them.
Edited by Swagger on 7/19/2011 4:51 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Warrior
07/19/2011 04:46 PMPosted by Wylhelmina
Just hope in near furtur to se kill with shamy that all i can say at least resto one so i can feel more wanted lol

In slightly butchered english(Sorry) this was one of the key points of my post. Those not represented even by class(one of the three specs) feel a little lousy.
85 Orc Shaman

What are the odds that all 3 Shaman specs would be part of the 5 that didn't make it?

It doesn't matter at all unless you can verify and prove that Heroic Ragnaros is impossible, or way more difficult to kill, when a specific class or specialization is represented in the raid.

You're forcing together a couple of incredibly fragmented pieces of data -- and the sample size of that tested data is 25 players in the whole world fighting one boss in the entire game -- to extrapolate an entire thesis on class balance.

Clearly so if u go to shaman forums. Would like to be less clunky
85 Blood Elf Warrior

And why do you think the world first guilds continue to not bring any Shamans. Is it because they're in such a good place right now they didn't want people to complain that they were class stacking Shamans because of how amazing they are?

This is the 3rd world first end boss kill in the past 3 patches where there was not ONE DPS Shaman in the raid makeup (And only one Resto Shaman in the past 3 world first end boss kills). You can keep saying EVERY new patch that they can bring what they want and that there is nothing that you can do, but you should really look at why they aren't bringing one class every single time.

There's nothing I can possibly say about the DPS state of Shamans that hasn't already been said, especially for my spec of Elemental. They don't bring these specs for a reason, and it's because they are behind all of the other DPS classes and there is no reason to bring them and cripple your raid.

So keep using your typical and cookie cutter responses and laugh it off again for the 3rd patch in a row that we're over reacting. We all just need to learn how to play our class and our specs because you did such a perfect job creating them. But if you continue to do nothing, expect to not see DPS Shamans in the next 10 content patches, because there is no reason for a top notch guild bring them.

Though you are really passionate, you should calm down. We have been heard, all of us here have. We can wait, maybe sit and chat with him a little, maybe not. Either way what was said, has been read.
Edited by Eldamaar on 7/19/2011 4:52 PM PDT
No shaman, no ret paladin, 1 mage, 1 rogue.

People can slant this how they want, but a kill's a kill.

They've had a history of not using shaman for stuff though, I think its either personal pref, or they just dont have a good shaman in the guild?

lol, no cuz ele shamies are terribad at dps atm?

they are worse than frost mages..... like wha

haha no my raid buddy is an elly shaman and he pulls 20k so elle doesn't suck.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]