Runecloth, best place ever

100 Troll Rogue
I think I have hit the motherlode on farming this stuff.

Out of 5 kills I got 14 runecloth, 3 dropped of 3 mobs, 2 from 1, and one dropped none.

The place is alcaz island in duswtallow marsh, but make sure you are using an 85 to farm it.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
07/19/2011 04:10 PMPosted by Bobdobalina
I didn't know trolls posted in the Professions forum...

are you talking in the racial or the *** hole sense of the word? because I can assure you I'm being honest. I just wish I had known about this place when I was lvling up my warlock's tailoring.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Actually runecloth drops a lot. If you're farming any of the vanilla factions (Timbermaw, etc.) you'll get tons. Wipe out old dungeons, more runecloth.

Frostweave is where people are getting stuck.

Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
frostweave wasnt that bad actually. I just farmed in icecrown.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
07/19/2011 09:28 PMPosted by Purenasty
frostweave wasnt that bad actually. I just farmed in icecrown.

To add-on to this, In Icecrown, Where the cultists are to the North-West of the Argent Tournament Grounds, They drop Frostweave Cloth quite often.

I did a daily there for my Champion's Seal, As I purchase the pets there using the seals and then sell them on the Auction House quite often.

In the process of doing a single daily I obtained an entire stack of Frostweave Cloth in less than 5 minutes. Best way to farm it there is to round up the cultists and then AoE them all down to the ground. Afterwards, Just loot them for the cloth, And then repeat the same process.

If there is players there farming cloth, You can also get Frostweave Cloth by killing the cultists, All over Icecrown. You may also farm it well in Dragonblight near Naxxramas, To the south where the humanoid enemies are located near the sea. =)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Runecloth is actually great if you have an enchanter.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
07/20/2011 04:00 AMPosted by Elizander
Runecloth is actually great if you have an enchanter.

Yes, This is very true. It is also great for tailoring if you are leveling up your skills. If you want to farm Runecloth rather quickly, I recommend running Scholomance located in Western Plaguelands, Or, Stratholme, Which is located in Eastern Plaguelands.

If you were to do a complete clear of those instances, You'll have a lot of cloth when you complete them and tons of items to sell. The items can bring in a lot of gold too, Which makes the run an even more incentive to enter those instances. =)
Reply Quote
My main is working his way through Northrend now; there was virtually no Frostweave in Borean or Howling Fjord (I think I got one stack total doing both zones start to finish), but the drop rate was OK in Dragonblight, pretty good in Grizzly Hills and even better in Zul'drak (which is how far I've made it). NPC Scan really helps since the rares tend to drop full stacks. In those zones I've accumulated 17 stacks for my tailor alt so far. At 3-4g per piece of FW, that's a tidy savings at the AH. Nowhere near what I'll need to level it of course, but a nice assist.

I did Scholo and Strat runs the other day and ended up about 50/50 Runecloth and Mageweave from each, so YMMV. If I were just looking for Runecloth, they wouldn't be at the top of my list.
Edited by Zemosalt on 7/20/2011 2:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
My main is working his way through Northrend now; there was virtually no Frostweave in Borean or Howling Fjord (I think I got one stack total doing both zones start to finish), but the drop rate was OK in Dragonblight, pretty good in Grizzly Hills and even better in Zul'drak (which is how far I've made it). NPC Scan really helps since the rares tend to drop full stacks. In those zones I've accumulated 17 stacks for my tailor alt so far. At 3-4g per piece of FW, that's a tidy savings at the AH. Nowhere near what I'll need to level it of course, but a nice assist.

I did Scholo and Strat runs the other day and ended up about 50/50 Runecloth and Mageweave from each, so YMMV. If I were just looking for Runecloth, they wouldn't be at the top of my list.

yeah when they got their level's lowered the drops changed.

I still say the best place is alcaz island, it was almost rediculous how much I got, it was better than lbrs.

other than alcaz the only other places I've seen with a lot are lbrs and ramps, but you also get netherweave from ramps and I already had 7k of that from farming mag'har rep.
Edited by Redfang on 7/21/2011 6:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Death Knight
I toured through Alcaz Island on this recommendation and got one stack of 20 runecloth. With all the naga, I ended up with more zesty clam meat than anything.

Also, to anyone who tours this island, you get no loot from Doctor Weevil.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I toured through Alcaz Island on this recommendation and got one stack of 20 runecloth. With all the naga, I ended up with more zesty clam meat than anything.

Also, to anyone who tours this island, you get no loot from Doctor Weevil.

And most people probably aren't really checking this particular thread for places to farm Runecloth, considering this thread was almost 2.5 years old when you decided it was an excellent idea to raise it from the dead....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]