Let me spend my honor Blizzard

85 Goblin Mage
Seriously, why am I unable to buy honor gear prior to hitting 85 with my alts. They earned that honor just like everyone else and it was much harder earned since low level honor rewards are so much lower. Its unreasonable for me to be unable to spend it on end game honor rewards that I can then equip when I hit 85.

I would love one solid reason for why I'm not allowed to do this other than "but then what would you do when you hit 85?"
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Seriously, why am I unable to buy honor gear prior to hitting 85 with my alts. They earned that honor just like everyone else and it was much harder earned since low level honor rewards are so much lower. Its unreasonable for me to be unable to spend it on end game honor rewards that I can then equip when I hit 85.

I would love one solid reason for why I'm not allowed to do this other than "but then what would you do when you hit 85?"

I would love that. I hate this change. I'll add that now I know to convert some honor to Justice, since Justice is far harder to get pre-85.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
07/19/2011 12:06 PMPosted by Shutup
I would love one solid reason for why

They do not want players to be able to stockpile the gear and suddenly be "fully equipped" the instant they hit 85. That's why the honor point cap and the inability to buy level 85 gear until you actually hit 85.

This is your "solid reason". You may not like this reason, but this does answer your question.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
My definition of a solid reason is one that makes sense. Is there any player that considers this to be a valid idea?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
07/19/2011 12:56 PMPosted by Shutup
My definition of a solid reason is one that makes sense. Is there any player that considers this to be a valid idea?
Your definition =/= Blizzards definition, who's opinion matters.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

What Aarschott explained to you does make sense. Level-85 PvP gear is intended to be earned and awarded to level-85 players. There is too much potential to "game" the system and stockpile really powerful gear so that you're fully equipped when you hit 85, if we were to allow you to buy level-85 gear with Honor you earned below the level cap.

The same applies for PvE gear. If you want powerful endgame items, you need to earn them via playing through endgame content.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue

I think it's a great idea.
Reply Quote
So there is zero incentive for doing anything that generates honor points before you hit 85. Leveling goes so fast there's no point in getting honor gear for anything lower than 85. Slash the prices by 75% and maybe, but right now, it's just for 85s. And for 85s, this is crap gear. So what again is the point of this whole system?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
07/19/2011 01:14 PMPosted by Zemosalt
And for 85s, this is crap gear

How is it crap gear???
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
07/19/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Zarhym
What Aarschott explained to you does make sense. Level-85 PvP gear is intended to be earned and awarded to level-85 players. There is too much potential to "game" the system and stockpile really powerful gear so that you're fully equipped when you hit 85, if we were to allow you to buy level-85 gear with Honor you earned below the level cap.

That sounds suspiciously like "Working as intended." I think what he's asking is why it's intended to work that way?

Why don't you want a player having honor gear the second he/she hits 85?

It's not necessarily good entertainment to go and get your butt kicked repeatedly in BGs for 150 sessions before you can begin to compete.
Edited by Gristlejack on 7/19/2011 1:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
07/19/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Zarhym

The same applies for PvE gear. If you want powerful endgame items, you need to earn them via playing through endgame content.

Let me sum this up for you

We want people to have to farm a lot at level 85 so they pay more for subscription time
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/19/2011 01:15 PMPosted by Tsuruyachan
Your definition =/= Blizzards definition, who's opinion matters.

The customer's opinion > Blizzard's opinion.

Wrong. The idea that the customer is always right is a fallacy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Funny opinions. I see complaints that they make gear to easy to get and there are a bunch of noobs running around with epic gear that they dont deserve. Yet on the other hand you have ppl complaining that it is to hard for the noobs to buy end game gear while they are lvling so they have the best gear without competing with end game challenges. I see both sides, and both have a point, but it is one of those things that will never make every one happy.
Edited by Keefbikes on 7/19/2011 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
07/19/2011 01:20 PMPosted by Scyyn

Let me sum this up for you

We want people to have to farm a lot at level 85 so they pay more for subscription time

Game. Set. Match.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
That sounds suspiciously like "Working as intended." I think what he's asking is why it's intended to work that way?

Why don't you want a player having honor gear the second he/she hits 85?

It's not necessarily good entertainment to go and get your butt kicked repeatedly in BGs for 150 sessions before you can begin to compete.

I'd guess that it's partially because they don't balance around pre-85 that much.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I have a 72 mage who is in a similar situation - capped at 4k honour with nothing to spend it on. The best thing you can do to work around this situation is to use your honour points to buy justice points. I understand that you have to spend 375 honour points to get 250 justice and vice versa making it inefficient but this is really the only way to help you get a head start for when you finally hit lvl 85. Having 4k jp and 4k honour to spend right when you hit 85 is not bad at all. You can convert the 4k jp's back to about 2500 honour.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
07/19/2011 01:20 PMPosted by Duckofdeath
Wrong. The idea that the customer is always right is a fallacy.

It's a line used by the like of managers or something as a way to shut their employees up when they are getting treated like crap by a customer; then the manager doesn't have to deal with an angry customer themselves.

It's one of the most retarded lines I've ever heard to be honest.
Edited by Judiscpriest on 7/19/2011 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]