More BG's pl0x

85 Worgen Death Knight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_1kmtt6H5U&feature=related

'nuff said
Reply Quote
Call me cynical, but I find it hard to believe Blizz can only create a handful of maps in the six years WoW has been released, in addition to the pre-release development.
Reply Quote
51 Blood Elf Priest

How about no more BG's with tanks... That not exactly pvp to me...
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Dalaran sewers disgusts me. It's shape, it's existence, it's different levels. It Is the epitome of noobs gaining an advantage based on combo and terrain. What do you plan on doing about this? While we did quite nicely last season and were able to get t2 weapons with a new combo in one night and the next morning right before the season ended, i don't ever wanna play in this arena again.

After having people run behind boxes at 10%, then force me around where i need to fall off to get in a kill shot in some cases or spam kill commands praying for a crit.

In one case we even got blown off this by an ele shaman (we were not running the same combo we did good with last season) and lost the game because the other team had an ele shaman and a warlock abusing the heck out of the map. By abusing i mean boxes at 10%, then thunderstorm when we went in to kill, then running on the other side while we were down on the ground lvl.

For the warlock, there aint no explanation necessary. Portal says it all.

This team killed us in dalaran sewers after about 10 mins of me and my melle dps partner getting tstormed off the edge when we were about to get a kill, simply because I had to run around the boxes to get into LOS for kill shots. We Killed them in about 10 seconds on a real arena, Ruins of lordaenon.

Blizzard, have some respect for balance and remove sewers. It now takes no special skill to know how to gimp some teams on this map. And guess what, IT NEVER DID.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Priest
dalaran and rov are both pos maps so i don't exactly trust blizzard to make more arenas. Nagrand arena all day everyday
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Death Knight
all i have read from blue was just a glorified excuse

duck? really? dev attention to PVP is not even 1/10th of what PVE receiving

class imbalance (frost mage , feral etc), lack of innovative bg, new retarded rule (arena < bg point gain) too much to mention for the existing problem

wow lost esport competition was for a reason, and it was an obvious one.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Its called a resto shaman. Theres ur obvious reason. While i can't complain because i have barley started pvp this season and my hunter is alrdy looking like i might go higher than i did last season, Balance is far away. Look at most very good teams.

Look at what healer they use. Read up and ull also find out, that healer has ranged CC. Ranged Interrupts on a low CD. Healing CDs that can save their partners if CC falls off them for even ONE second. On top of this, the strength they have to stay alive is far above that of their paladin, druid, and maybe even priest counterparts. Unfortunately there are barley any shaman that play on my server. Although i may already be playing with a feral so :p see yah in 3s lol.
Edited by Sxt on 7/20/2011 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Just an idea. I played star craft fooooooorever and I really enjoyed making my own maps, like the D&D Maps. Would there be a possibility of Blizz giving us an editor, like you did in SC, so we can make our own bg/arena maps that we can share on the site and try out with wargames and maybe have a monthly competition on blizz fav map so you have a base set and then rework the compicated geometry? I mean if we complain we don't have maps, let wargames be of real use and let us create maps and then hand them over to you and you go and make bg maps offa them? Just a thought.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I forgot where i saw it in this thread but someone mentioned diff map styles with same mechanics. I like that idea. I love CTF and CTB but seeing the same 2 (now 4) maps for so long kinda felt bleh.

Another BG idea I liked was the epic battle. Keep in mind they would have to add all kinds of line of site object in ith tho so that healers and melee wouldnt be grinded into dust every 2 seconds. I can see where something like that would take a lot of time to work on though as well.

What we really need to think about as players is that this is a company that develops and manages (side note i tried typing manages like 5 times) several games. Im in no way saying that i agree with all Blizz does/will do/ has done, but I am saying is that with this game Blizz has to have a very broad outlook do to the amount of playstyles their community has. From role players to raiders to arena junkies to merchants to soloers. Expecting them to just bend over backwards for one particular sect of players is an outlandish and selfish thought.

Bottom line is that the less time we spend complaining about a video game the more we may find things we enjoy about it.

TLDR: Shut up and go play.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Just an idea. I played star craft fooooooorever and I really enjoyed making my own maps, like the D&D Maps. Would there be a possibility of Blizz giving us an editor, like you did in SC, so we can make our own bg/arena maps that we can share on the site and try out with wargames and maybe have a monthly competition on blizz fav map so you have a base set and then rework the compicated geometry? I mean if we complain we don't have maps, let wargames be of real use and let us create maps and then hand them over to you and you go and make bg maps offa them? Just a thought.

Though the reqs and design tools may seem complicated at first, yeah, thumbs up for this motion! Let the true pvpers do their things and screw PvErs!
Edited by Helblinde on 7/20/2011 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
We’d like to. We certainly haven't forgotten about the PvP community at all and we do a lot of PvP oriented behind the scenes work right now.

Battlegrounds are the same way. They may look simple -- even static -- to a casual observer, but in reality there's an incredible number of very complicated processes going on behind the scenes.

The other part of the reason is that Battlegrounds (and Arena maps, for that matter) require a higher degree of polish than a PvE map does.

we also have to craft every BG essentially by hand every time. We’d like to develop a tool to create PvP maps

Still, ultimately we think all this effort will pay off, and we're confident that you'll feel the same way.

It's cool that you are building a tool to help design PvP maps, but somewhat shocking that you don't currently possess any tool for doing so.

I buy the argument that most of the PvP community would prefer to have a few "perfect" maps instead of many imbalanced ones.

There's just one thing that stops me from taking you at your word:

Since its introduction, AB has had a flaw wherein Alliance can jump past their starting gate. This is a major flaw that has been in place for YEARS. Not once have you thought to address it or fix it. So how can I take seriously your implication that the reason we don't have more BG maps is that you take the quality of the current maps so seriously? Wouldn't that exploit have been addressed by now?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I would certainly like to see a BG with a rule set that is composed of flying mounts, complete with aerial battles. :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
07/20/2011 10:59 AMPosted by Daxxarri
If a bit of geometry causes you to hang up, or blocks line of sight in a dungeon or raid, then in the majority of circumstances you can probably just work around it until it's fixed. If the same flaw exists in a bg or arena map, then that imperfection might be exploited for an unfair advantage, which runs contrary to the spirit of fair competition we want in that kind of PvP.

If this is how you really feel LOS for the logs in WSG would be great...among other things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]