Death Strike Hotfix:

(Locked)

90 Dwarf Death Knight
Classes
Death Knights
Improved Death Strike now provides 40/80/120% bonus damage, up from 30/60/90%, and a 10/20/30% critical strike bonus, up from 3/6/9%.

Is it sad that I burst out laughing when I saw this?

Because you know what DS needed? MOAR POWER.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Classes
Death Knights
Improved Death Strike now provides 40/80/120% bonus damage, up from 30/60/90%, and a 10/20/30% critical strike bonus, up from 3/6/9%.

Is it sad that I burst out laughing when I saw this?

Because you know what DS needed? MOAR POWER.

PvP DKs wanting to be buffed back into OP territory?

If this is a "Blood tank" trying to fix our issues, I'm going to cry.
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I can only read it as a fix to the Alysrazor issue. It's literally the only thing that almost makes sense.
85 Night Elf Druid
It's pretty definitely aimed at that, without buffing DPS DKs. It may work, but really, it's another bandaid.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I assumed it was for PvP.

I mean, my crit chance is 0.50% so I guess 9% to 30% is nice...

;)
85 Tauren Warrior
/sigh another bandaid.
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Fixing core issues is hard, yo.
85 Night Elf Warrior
Alysrazor fix.

That's it.
90 Gnome Death Knight
I don't understand why they wouldn't put extra damage on HS. Too much aoe threat? I dunno. Everything they do just encourages us to push Death Strike harder.
85 Night Elf Warrior
Because you need mitigation to survive, but you need damage to do your job at Alysrazor. That means you buff DS.

Or RS, but whatever. I guess this was easier.
Edited by Charsi on 7/19/2011 8:59 PM PDT
90 Draenei Death Knight
07/19/2011 08:52 PMPosted by Charsi
Alysrazor fix.
90 Gnome Death Knight
Because you need mitigation to survive, but you need damage to do your job at Alysrazor. That means you buff DS.

Or RS, but whatever. I guess this was easier.

Oh, I get that. I'm just frustrated that despite everything they say, Blood is completely wrapped up in DS. Oh well, maybe this change will encourage baddie Blood DKs to use DS more?

It seems like a better all-around solution is upping RS damage and dropping it's threat bonus.
Edited by Cleatsz on 7/19/2011 9:14 PM PDT
I read this and basically yelled at my monitor.

Yes, what Blood Death Knights need is obviously MORE strength tied into one button.
It seems like a better all-around solution is upping RS damage and dropping it's threat bonus.
If RS is buffed too much, it might be better for Unholy and Frost DKs in PvP- not only is it cheaper than DC and FS, it can't be dodged or parried.
Edited by Arò on 7/19/2011 9:27 PM PDT
85 Draenei Death Knight
07/19/2011 09:23 PMPosted by Kahrgan
I dont see thise on mmo champ...

Official notes

And wow... I don't even.... I guess it is not a trade off on threat anymore...
Edited by Kalle on 7/19/2011 9:27 PM PDT
90 Gnome Death Knight
I wonder whether I should change my glyphs around now.
07/19/2011 09:28 PMPosted by Cleatsz
I wonder whether I should change my glyphs around now.
Death Strike glyph was better even before the change when fighting a single target.
UE
we need more damage for the hatchlings. we need to ds to heal and live. seems like buffing ds damage is a good solution. i dont see how this change should upset anyone.

seems like people are going to cry about any change that is short of reworking our mastery.
85 Undead Death Knight
we need more damage for the hatchlings. we need to ds to heal and live. seems like buffing ds damage is a good solution. i dont see how this change should upset anyone.

seems like people are going to cry about any change that is short of reworking our mastery.

Because it shows that we have a core problem because our entire spec depends on one ability, and it causes situations like this, and the solution is to make that ability even more powerful.
Edited by Corpseicle on 7/19/2011 9:39 PM PDT
UE

Because it shows that we have a core problem because our entire spec depends on one ability, and it causes situations like this, and the solution is to make that ability even more powerful.
this change doesnt change our rotation at all. what exactly do you want our most important ability to be?

blood dks needed more damage. the options were ds, hs, rs, or disease damage. hs doesnt fit well because it would encourage less death strikes from death runes. buffing diseases would involve creating a new talent in deep blood, because they arent going to buff diseases across the board. theyve reduced rune strikes damage before because they didnt like it being the rogue killer. i think buffing improved death strike was the way to go for a hotfix.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]