Hunter pet stop attack

63 Goblin Hunter
hi can anyone tell me the slash command to make your pet stop attacking?
it should be something like /stoppetattack or /petstopattack or something. please help!

btw please no one give me the stupid macro that has

/petattack
/petfollow

it does NOT work (at least in pvp)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I would think
/petpassive
would work
Reply Quote
63 Goblin Hunter
i know that /stopattack works for characters, im trying to find the equivelent without changing my pet's stance

Here's the macro im trying to make

#showtooltip
/petattack [button:1]
/petstopattack [button:2]

any ideas why the bottom one isnt working?
Edited by Blargybarrg on 7/21/2011 12:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
ONE
I don't believe petstopattack is a valid macro phrase, I believe Bind is right, use /petpassive, maybe throw the line in there a few times, but for a one-button macro, I doubt you can do it. Try the UI and Macros Forum, though.
Edited by Darthruneis on 7/21/2011 1:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Here's the macro im trying to make

#showtooltip
/petattack [button:1]
/petstopattack [button:2]

any ideas why the bottom one isnt working?

Are you a clicker?

This might be a bit more than what you're after. But here's my pet escape macro.

/petpassive [combat]
/petfollow
/cast[combat]Dash
/cast[combat]Dive
/cast Mend Pet
/cast [combat]Cower
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

It's just a basic pet follow when not in combat. But while in combat, it's intended to get my pet out of danger (and in a hurry). I myself normally have dash turned off of autocast. I do this so it's always available when I want it. But for what you wanted, all you need is the first two lines.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
It really depends on what you're trying to do when making your pet stop its attacking. A simple /petpassive would suffice.

Now if you're trying to get it to stop attacking then go back to assist/defensive stance, go with:
/petpassive
/petassist
Reply Quote
63 Goblin Hunter
07/21/2011 05:52 AMPosted by Wolvergreen
Are you a clicker?

what do you mean by clicker? are you asking if i use the mouse in the game? cause yes i do
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Wolvergreen meant do you click your hot buttons or do you use keybindings. WOW sets you up to use the keyboard to turn and the mouse to click your spells/shots, but most players prefer to use the mouse for movement and keybind the spells/shots to the keyboard and mouse buttons (my mouse has 15 buttons).
Reply Quote
63 Goblin Hunter
ummmmmmm how do i do that
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
/cast [@pet,dead][mod:shift] Revive Pet
/cast [nopet,nomod] Call Pet 1
/clearfocus [@focus,dead]
/focus [@focus,exists]player;target
/clearfocus [@focus,noharm]
/petattack [@focus,exists]
/petfollow [@focus,noexists]

If your pet is dead it will revive it, if it's dismissed it will summon it, if he's not attacking he will attack your target and this target will be set as focus, if he's attacking he will return to your side.

Try it and love it!
Reply Quote
63 Goblin Hunter
/cast [@pet,dead][mod:shift] Revive Pet/cast [nopet,nomod] Call Pet 1/clearfocus [@focus,dead]/focus [@focus,exists]player;target/clearfocus [@focus,noharm]/petattack [@focus,exists]/petfollow [@focus,noexists]If your pet is dead it will revive it, if it's dismissed it will summon it, if he's not attacking he will attack your target and this target will be set as focus, if he's attacking he will return to your side.Try it and love it!

heres my problem with the follow thing, in pvp when i push the follow and return to my side button, my pet will come back to me, then imidiately run back to whatever he was attacking, basicly just wasting time and health running back and forth.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
/cast [@pet,dead][mod:shift] Revive Pet
/cast [nopet,nomod] Call Pet 1
/clearfocus [@focus,dead]
/focus [@focus,exists]player;target
/clearfocus [@focus,noharm]
/petattack [@focus,exists]
/petfollow [@focus,noexists]

EPIC TIP!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I use
/petfollow [target=pettarget,exists]
/petattack [target=pettarget,noexists]

for the same hotkey to attack or stop attack. You could modify it to button clicks I would think.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I see people are trying to squeeze in a necro just before the new year.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
This thread appears to be dead for a while now..but

/cleartarget
/petfollow

ends combat and calls pet back to you, well, doesnt "end" combat, just drops your target and calls pet. Sometimes you may be required to attack a new target or click "assist" on your pet bar for your pet to help you out again.
Edited by Posthuman on 6/4/2013 7:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
ummmmmmm how do i do that

Interface - keybinds

Do it before its too late, otherwise old habits die hard.

Start the game the right way and you won't have to unlearn the bad =D

Like myself :P
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
And yes...key-binds. I find this to be even more important for hunters and healers, but you cant go wrong with key-binds.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

Correct. Not just "a while" but for a year and a half. Holy frick. seriously? No one above your necro is even playing anymore--they are all 85. C'mon dude how did you even find this?!
Reply Quote
06/04/2013 07:20 AMPosted by Haassar

Correct. Not just "a while" but for a year and a half. Holy frick. seriously? No one above your necro is even playing anymore--they are all 85. C'mon dude how did you even find this?!

I know right, who does that
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]