App drops out soon as it connects!

85 Gnome Mage
Has been working well on my g3s running version 4.2.1. I go to log on now and the whole app drops out as soon as it connects. I've tried turning phone off and have deleted and re-downloaded the app but is still doing it??
Reply Quote
MVP
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
What do you mean "drops out," exactly?
85 Gnome Mage
It totally turns off and it goes back to my iPhone screen
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app (and/or checking the app store for updates)? Also, is it when you connect in the initial login screen on the app or when you connect to chat?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Have done all those things. Was initially cutting out soon as connected from login page. Since yesterday afternoon I've been able to get on to ah but still cuts out randomly back to iPhone home page. I have not used chat or anything else other than ah.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
What you're describing is the app crashing. We'll need more information in order to deduce the possible cause...although what information that is, I'm not quite sure =\

- Do you have multiple WoW accounts tied to the b.net account you're logging in with?
- Do you know which character is set as your current main character on the Armory, or possibly remember which character was your main character just prior to experiencing these crashes?
- Have you tried logging into the Armory with any other b.net account?
- Have you tried clearing your phone cache?
- Have you updated your phone OS and Mobile Armory build to the latest version? (I assume you're using the latest Armory version since you said you've tried deleting and re-installing)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I have only one account. Truffel has been the main char using the app though I have not 'set' her as the main? Have not Logged into the armory with any othe bnet acc. Just cleared cache and is at this moment still crashing as soon as it connects from login. Am running os 4.3.5 on phone and app is up to date. Was able to use ah for 5 to 10 min yesterday randomly before crashing.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
07/28/2011 01:13 AMPosted by Truffel
I have only one account. Truffel has been the main char using the app though I have not 'set' her as the main? Have not Logged into the armory with any othe bnet acc. Just cleared cache and is at this moment still crashing as soon as it connects from login. Am running os 4.3.5 on phone and app is up to date. Was able to use ah for 5 to 10 min yesterday randomly before crashing.

Do you know any friends or family who play WoW who would be able to try logging into their account through your phone? As it is right now, this would be an extremely difficult problem to diagnose since there isn't much info to go on, and we're certainly not seeing any immediate crashes on any of our devices.

Quick question...have you deleted the app from your list of running processes? To do this, double tap the phone's Home button to bring up the multitask bar, press and hold on the WoW Armory icon, then remove it from the tray, then try relaunching the app.
Edited by Liogela on 7/28/2011 9:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Yes, have friends who play wow and am 95% sure they have not tried to access their acc through this phone. Have previously tried deleting app from the history bar. Looks like I'm going to have to cancel the acc :(
Reply Quote
MVP
What you're describing is the app crashing. We'll need more information in order to deduce the possible cause...although what information that is, I'm not quite sure =\.

Thought I'd throw this out there, perhaps see if the devs can figure out a way to save a crash log or something? I realize you don't want to save a log every time something crashes because most phones don't have the extra space to spare, but... times like these it'd probably help.
Edited by Sixen on 7/28/2011 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance

Thought I'd throw this out there, perhaps see if the devs can figure out a way to save a crash log or something? I realize you don't want to save a log every time something crashes because most phones don't have the extra space to spare, but... times like these it'd probably help.

Crash logs are saved on the phone, but they are unfortunately not terribly useful for us most of the time. The other problem is transmitting that data to us, which isn't easy.

Just for your own FYI, to see your crash log folder, make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is enabled in Folder Options, then plug your phone into your computer and sync it to iTunes. After that (in Windows Explorer window) go to:
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\[Device Name]\

You'll find your .crash and .plist files (both files are generated for each crash) in that folder.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Ok, I will look for those files. However I will not know what I'm looking at when I find them in order to fix any problems >.< tyvm for help :)
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Ok, I will look for those files. However I will not know what I'm looking at when I find them in order to fix any problems >.< tyvm for help :)

Well, if nothing else, the fact that they exist would at least say that it's definitely a crash. What would at least help verify that is if you find the crash log folder, delete everything out of it (including the folder itself...the folder which is named after your phone name), unplug your phone from the computer, reproduce the error you're seeing again, reconnect the phone to the computer, then re-sync again through iTunes. Refresh the windows explorer window and check and see if those crash files appear.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Ok I'll try that this weekend. I'll post the result. Ty
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Ok yes the crash files are there. I deleted the folder, disconnected, re-opened armory, crashed straight away :(. The crash file was there again after re-sync. What program should I use to read the crashed file? If I post the file results can you help?
Reply Quote
MVP
Crash logs are saved on the phone, but they are unfortunately not terribly useful for us most of the time. The other problem is transmitting that data to us, which isn't easy.

Just for your own FYI, to see your crash log folder, make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is enabled in Folder Options, then plug your phone into your computer and sync it to iTunes. After that (in Windows Explorer window) go to:
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\[Device Name]\

You'll find your .crash and .plist files (both files are generated for each crash) in that folder.

That's unfortunate, but thanks for the heads up, I'm sure that'll be useful at some point in time throughout these forums, ;).

Is there also a dump for Droid phones as well?
85 Human Priest
Having the same problem, started yesterday. Running iPhone 3G. Tried reinstalling and turning phone off/on to no avail.

It seems to crash when attempting to load my guild for Remote Chat. I logged on to the Europe region (where I have no characters or guild) and did not crash. If I log on to the Americas region where my characters are, it crashes instantly. I am subscribed and paid with Remote Chat.

I hope you can help, I like my Remote Chat :)
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Having the same problem, started yesterday. Running iPhone 3G. Tried reinstalling and turning phone off/on to no avail.

It seems to crash when attempting to load my guild for Remote Chat. I logged on to the Europe region (where I have no characters or guild) and did not crash. If I log on to the Americas region where my characters are, it crashes instantly. I am subscribed and paid with Remote Chat.

I hope you can help, I like my Remote Chat :)

Hmm, this seems unlikely, but still a possibility. What guild chat login settings do you have enabled? ("Never log in, log in when accessing guild chat, or auto log in when logging into the Armory") What is the name of your guild, and what region is it on? Also, do you know which character is currently set as your main character in the Armory?

My inclination is that this crash is related to the main character rather than any other setting, but the previous user does not know who their main character is.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I had it set to "Never log in". I always manually log in to guild chat after connecting to the app. However, since I recently reinstalled the app in an attempt to fix the problem, this setting will be whatever the default settings are - I cannot stay connected to the app long enough to change the settings, as I cannot access guild chat settings from regions where I have no guild/characters, and attempting to log in to the region where my guild is will automatically exit the app when I connect.

My guild name is Death Unlimited in the Americas region, and my main character is set to Kalwyrla (this character).

I remember the last time I accessed Remote, I was in the process of connecting when someone called me, and I answered the call. A few days later, when I tried to access Remote again, I'm getting these constant crashes.

I'm going to test your theory about the character-related problem by changing my character on this website and attempting to log in (it should change the character in Remote right? or at least I noticed that it seemed to do so). I will let you know what happens as soon as I test.

[EDIT]: Liogela, your intuition is absolutely right!!! Kalwyrla is causing crashes - I switched to Quicksilverr in the same guild and now I can access everything. I then attempted to change characters to Kalwyrla while connected to remote and the app crashed again. What should I do?
Edited by Kalwyrla on 8/1/2011 10:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Well that's good news at least. Starting to narrow down the problem. That's good info to have about receiving the call simultaneously with a login. We'll conduct some tests internally and see what we can come up with.

Thanks! If you think of any other info you can provide, please feel free to post.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]