German on US servers

(Locked)

85 Undead Warrior
is there a way to play wow in german even though my account is registered to the u.s servers
only have english and spanish
Support Forum Agent
is there a way to play wow in german even though my account is registered to the u.s servers
only have english and spanish

I don't believe that's an option for the North American region, at least at this time.
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
Unfortunately, as you have seen, the North American realms only offer English and Spanish as language pack options.
"Passion has overthrown tyrants and freed prisoners and slaves. Passion has brought justice where there was savagery. Passion has created freedom where there was nothing but fear. Passion has helped souls rise from the ashes of their horrible lives and build something better, stronger, more beautiful." -- Harry Dresden
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
Is there a way to play on a German Oceanic realm? I tried - I chose Aman'thul, which was listed as German, but both the players and the game were speaking English.
18 Troll Priest
08/10/2012 06:54 AMPosted by Baa
Is there a way to play on a German Oceanic realm? I tried - I chose Aman'thul, which was listed as German, but both the players and the game were speaking English.

In the region called "The Americas and Oceanic" the only supported languages are English, Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish. You probably looked up the realm called Aman'thul in the European region. The European region does have realms that support the German language.
Edited by Christiê on 8/10/2012 6:57 AM PDT
80 Blood Elf Paladin
North American versions of the game are only available in the above mentioned languages. US and Eu accounts are two separate entities and cant be merged into one. You are allowed to have either one or both on your US battle.net account though.
66 Undead Warrior
How about making European languages available as a client-side option in the Americas and Oceania? I like to play this game in foreign languages as a study aid.
100 Orc Rogue
02/04/2013 09:41 PMPosted by Scaryspikes
How about making European languages available as a client-side option in the Americas and Oceania? I like to play this game in foreign languages as a study aid.

That would be best asked in General, the devs don't come here for feedback. It's a good idea.
Support Forum Agent
02/04/2013 09:41 PMPosted by Scaryspikes

Currently, we only offer languages that we actually support. It is certainly an excellent idea though. As Ravenhawke recommended I'd post in the General Discussion forum with that suggestion or submit it through the in-game interface.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]