Draka, then and now?(Alliance Edition)

85 Worgen Hunter
My absolute favorite moment on Draka.....where do I begin!

Being that I started playing WoW about 8 months before Wrath was released, I really didn't get to experience the BC content like I would have liked too. I also started out on a PVP server and transferred to Draka because a lot of my real life friends were here, Horde side. About a month or so after moving here I went on a Sunwell run that someone had put together and that was where I met some players whom I really got along with. Few weeks later I joined their guild, which I am still a member of today. We started running together in Wrath dungeons and heroics and had a ball doing it. The players I met have become not only my best friends in game but best friends outside the game.

This is the kind of experience I started this thread to hear about. Not I'm better than you are because I know some guild that died off years ago.
I've actually meet a few close friends off of WoW also, and can say they tipped my favor for the Aussie's and Canadian's :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Law.

Need I say more?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Law.

Need I say more?

Oh god... Does anyone still have his Karazhan rage recording? It was on youtube, but I can't find it anymore QQ.

I was fortunate enough to run have a run in with him during BC, but I did pug with him a couple times during ToC in Wrath, before I got into actual raiding with my shaman. I pissed him off one run and put him on ignore. He got even more angry and whispered me on alt something to this extent: "You dare ignore me? I'll have you blacklisted on this entire server. You'll never get anywhere. Blah, blah, blah."
Edited by Levitas on 7/26/2011 9:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
oh and BEARBOT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Law.

Need I say more?

Law was in fact Jrdevious the guy broke down on Haute Club's vent one day and started crying because everyone picked on him...then an hour later was screaming calling us a bunch of bads. Ah memories.

Any of you guys remember lvl 1 raids on hogger?

Oh and the war effort best dailyish quests ever I remember the mind numbing leather and fish farming I did.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
07/27/2011 12:01 AMPosted by Redrumpanda
Law was in fact Jrdevious the guy broke down on Haute Club's vent one day and started crying because everyone picked on him...then an hour later was screaming calling us a bunch of bads. Ah memories.

I'm not an expert on Draka alumni but did you just say Law and Jr are the same person?

Law/Attiyat vent fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JheZPoAYcQo GOOD TIMES

I was in a myriad of casual guilds in Vanilla/early tBC. I remember Guild of Legends, Dii Immortales, The Lionhearted, Fury, TTM, Girls Gone WoW, Prosapia, Here There Be Legends. "Malboromen" rings a bell. I remember CSO, SB, Swagger, RIN and BC. I wasn't a raider during Vanilla but I was forum-savvy enough to remember the B-list tBC raiding guilds. I raided with Saiyanwarior for a good year and witnessed the trainwreck from afar up until he ninja'd Ashes and transferred. I remember the Saiyan vs. Eronä/Coale vs. Justifan drama that ensued, but that wasn't until well into WotLK. Even still, being in Free Masons was probably the most fun I've had in the game, and the rivalry we had with Critical Mass LOOOL seriously though it was a blast.

I wish I could re-live tBC, such a good xpac, I was semi-casual but wiping to BT trash was still tons of fun.
Edited by Powerwordhug on 7/27/2011 12:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Words cannot express how much I hate you right now, Lotte. I miss BC so much sometimes that it hurts.

Although, you've redeemed yourself at the same time with that vent recording. So glad someone still had it or could find it <3.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Druid
Wow I actually remember listened to that recording before haha
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
TBC was definitely the high point of WoW and Draka.

Anyone else remember the "first Mag kill screenshot"?

E: !@#$ Smokeybandit. Cockbite.
Edited by Dazanna on 7/27/2011 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
2915 Edited by Powerwordhug on 7/27/11 12:59 AM (PDT)
07/27/2011 12:01 AMPosted by Redrumpanda

I'm not an expert on Draka alumni but did you just say Law and Jr are the same person?

I in fact did say that because he had admitted it to us a few times and logged into his toons to run with us. Have you ever noticed Jrdevious had a million alts but you never saw a pally around?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Awwww ical mass. We were so bad back then, yet had so much fun. Do you have any idea how much we used just to rag on Eagleeye, let alone the rest of free masons?

Wiping to alar for a month. Finally getting down vashj months after everyone else. The trinket that made mana gem awesome! Dawnkeep glitching his way to an Archimonde kill with like 8 others. Hyjal was actually my favorite instance that xpac. Oh the aoe madness. I swear falter/terse sounded just like george clooney over vent too.

The rest of Free Masons mercilessly ragged on Eagle, too. He won the roll for the guild's first bear mount and we were like, "Man, we wouldn't have brought that noob if we knew he'd win it," lol he was such a jerk, love that guy. Saiyanwarior won the t5 chest from Kael'thas when everyone else was farming Black Temple and he made a post on the forums about how he was the best tank on the server, smh... That guild had more mid-raid /gquits than any I've ever seen.

FM was so bad but I have nothing but good memories, even when we were in the months-behind, two-content-patches-late race with Critical Mass and Fury. Granted, I was 16 years old at the time and it was probably fueled by the awesomeness that was Burning Crusade. I would give aaaaanything to go back!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Oh and I totally got that mana gem trinket too, that thing was so bossmode.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I seriously doubt Jr and Law are the same person. They are both complete idiots, but there's a big difference between their idiocy: Jr has NO brain power at all. Law on the other hand does have brain power, he just uses it horribly. Oh, and Jr is like 30 years old. Law doesn't much older than 20 at most.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same person.

I remember Saiyan. I remember when 3.0 went live, he and his brother led an SSC pug run that I hoped in on my rogue. After we killed Hydross and started working on clearing the six platforms, mid pull both he and his brother said "Brb, smoking a bowl." I already knew Saiyan had issues, but it wasn't until that moment that I knew he'd be too stoned for me to ever take seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
07/28/2011 10:20 AMPosted by Levitas
I remember Saiyan. I remember when 3.0 went live, he and his brother led an SSC pug run that I hoped in on my rogue. After we killed Hydross and started working on clearing the six platforms, mid pull both he and his brother said "Brb, smoking a bowl." I already knew Saiyan had issues, but it wasn't until that moment that I knew he'd be too stoned for me to ever take seriously.

Oh for sure, he and his brother would come to raid so blazed they could hardly pay attention to vent; it's a wonder we managed to kill anything. I'm unsure if he's still playing or if he smoked himself into a coma.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Druid
07/29/2011 01:04 AMPosted by Lotte
Oh for sure, he and his brother would come to raid so blazed they could hardly pay attention to vent; it's a wonder we managed to kill anything. I'm unsure if he's still playing or if he smoked himself into a coma.

Really the only way to play.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
My absolute favorite moment on Draka.....where do I begin!

Being that I started playing WoW about 8 months before Wrath was released, I really didn't get to experience the BC content like I would have liked too. I also started out on a PVP server and transferred to Draka because a lot of my real life friends were here, Horde side. About a month or so after moving here I went on a Sunwell run that someone had put together and that was where I met some players whom I really got along with. Few weeks later I joined their guild, which I am still a member of today. We started running together in Wrath dungeons and heroics and had a ball doing it. The players I met have become not only my best friends in game but best friends outside the game.

This is the kind of experience I started this thread to hear about. Not I'm better than you are because I know some guild that died off years ago.
I've actually meet a few close friends off of WoW also, and can say they tipped my favor for the Aussie's and Canadian's :D

Ah yes I do agree considering half of the active players in this guild are in fact Canadians and aussie's! Oh vent chatter is a blast more often then not! =)

Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
When CoC died.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
07/25/2011 01:10 PMPosted by Kagehiro
Benevolentia, and the only troll to ever exist on Draka that was worth a damn: Waynebrady. It was Benev, DoG, and Brave Companions in the top 3 slots back then unless I'm mistaken.

O how I miss you Waynebrady <3 RIP
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Bene, DoG and Brave Companions were the 3 at the end of vanilla after Sinister/SB disbanded for one of the 120 times they seemed to. I xferred over near the end of vanilla to join Bene and we reformed Bene into Limited Edition going into TBC. I have mountains of memories from TBC but a few highlights brought up already:

Early TBC (still in Kara) we were hurting for pallies in LE and Apachee and myself interviewed Law for a spot (we were desperate). It was comically bad. Perhaps its a testament to how badly we wanted a pally that we gave him a spot. It lasted only a couple of days but when he was gkicked he sent tells to another guildie to rant about Apachee. That guildie was Apachee's wife. He then sent tells to us about how Apachee favored illicit relationships with woodland fauna.

Liquidmist and Beech... I'm only now beginning to learn to like shadow priests after the headaches you caused me on Leotheras.

And then there was the slog thru Sunwell watching the guilds crumble around us while we beat our heads on M'uru for nearly two months before getting a kill weeks before 3.0.

We had a few trolls in LE but I don't know if anyone compared to Waynebrady from Bene.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]