* Chat Connection Error *

85 Tauren Warrior
Hello,

I subscribed to the remote chat feature about a month ago and have been receiving an error when trying to connect to my main guild.

Chat Connection Error: Disconnected from chat.
Chat Connection Error: Connection Timed Out.

It's weird as I can connect to some servers and some guilds, but not all. Fore example, the Guild I wish to connect to is on this character, Moosassin in Bob's Border Guard is on Tortheldrin. I receive the error. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps which had no effect.

If I switch to Soulbinder in Terminal Corruption which is on Gorefiend, I connect without any problems, GMOTD is displayed and anyone online is shown.

With that said, I'm fairly certain it is a server-side error but here is the information on both devices I use to access it and have the same error results on both:

WoW Server - Tortheldrin
WoW Region - US
Character Name - Moosassin
Guild - Bob's Border Guard
Device & Service Provider
-- Device 1: iPad (WiFi Only)
-- Device 2: Samsung Facinate - Verizon 3G and WiFi
OS Version
-- Device 1: iOS 4.3.4 (8k2)
-- Device 2: Android OS 2.2.1
Mobile Armory / WoW Remote App version
-- Device 1: 3.0.0
-- Device 2: 2.1.0
Any other apps you have running simultaneously at the time of the error
-- Device 1: None
-- Device 2: None
Times of day you've experienced the issue
Around the clock. Tried in early morning, midday, evening, and night.
Authenticator on the account? (If so, which type)
Yes, Mobile Authenticator for Android
Has anyone else tried logging into Remote Guild Chat on the same device?
No.

Please help as this is very aggravating. Thanks!
Edited by Moosassin on 7/25/2011 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Any chance on getting a tech to look into this issue? I'm sure I'm not the only one and provided as much info as I would think is required to find the problem. If there is more info required, please let me know. Thanks.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Thanks for the very detailed information Moosassin. I appreciate the effort and time you took to write a good report! We are looking into this and other related issues. Unfortunately I can't provide any updates at this time.

Also, as a note to posters on this forum in general, not just Moosassin, please note that we don't always have time to write a response to every single post on these forums (we're busy figuring out and fixing bugs!), but that doesn't mean your posts aren't being read. We do our best to read every issue that's posted here, so please don't bump posts or threads asking for blue responses to confirm that your issues are being seen. Please reference the following sticky thread for additional board guidelines:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416118665

Thanks all!
Edited by Liogela on 8/1/2011 12:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Thank you Liogela, I had been battling with this issue, searching everywhere online for a way to resolve it on my own and wanted to be sure it was at least seen and/or being addressed. I'll stay tuned for a resolution. Thanks again :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
One more thing I would like to add. I recently noticed that with the guilds that I can sign in to, my character portrait is missing and the guilds that I get this error with my portrait shows up correctly. It seems a bit weird but there might be a connection with the data flow.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Look, I know you aren't supposed to bump posts, but this is rediculous. I've been paying for this since July, tried everything possible to get guild chat to work, and have watched many a poster be replied to with solutions and fixes for their issues similar to my own. If there is something wrong which you are unable to correct in this situation with as much info I have provided, at least TELL ME THE TRUTH that you can not fix it.....don't keep me hanging, telling me that you will find a solution, and have me keep paying for it every month. PLEASE take a look at this issue as it is across multiple platforms including an iPad, Android, and involving multiple networks including WiFi, 3G, and 4G services. This is obviously a server side issue but for the love of Azeroth just tell me something more than you'll have to wait or give me a refund for the past few months or keep the service active and at no charge until you get it working. This is just absurd!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Moosassin, I am having the same issue with my main Guild, Murphy's Law on Hellscream, and like you I can access some guilds, while my main toons go without connecting to their guild.

The error I receive is: Guild Chat Error Unable to establish connection to server.
Updated to the latest Mobile app available on the Market while I'm typing this out, tried my Alli Shammy in Reprisal on Hellscream to no avail either.

WoW Server - Hellscream
WoW Region - US
Character Name - HarsanKesir, LerretKesir, Faenyathar(ML), Edarrhyvos(Reprisal), Morcerlyn(MK)
Guild - Murphy's Law, Reprisal, Mobius Knights
Device & Service Provider
-- Device 1: Samsung Captivate - AT&T and WiFi
-- Device 2: Samsung Galaxy Tab - WiFi
OS Version
-- Device 1: Android OS 2.2 FROYO.UCKB1
-- Device 2: Android OS 2.2.1 FROYO.UEKC6
Mobile Armory / WoW Remote App version
-- Device 1: 2.2.1
-- Device 2: 2.2.1
Any other apps you have running simultaneously at the time of the error
-- Device 1: None
-- Device 2: None
Times of day you've experienced the issue
Around the clock. Tried in early morning, midday, evening, and night.
Authenticator on the account? (If so, which type)
Yes, Mobile Authenticator for Android
Has anyone else tried logging into Remote Guild Chat on the same device?
No.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I would like to proudly say I can now connect to the server Tortheldrin since the latest patch update!!! That does not mean all is well unfortunately, but the problem is much more fine tuned now.

When I connect to my character Frostwarden in <Terminal Corruption> Chat works as intended.

When I connect to any character in <Bob's Border Guard> I still get the same error. Perhaps the guild information was not updated properly on the server?

I do know a year ago the name was changed from <Nordic Winter> to <Bob's Border Guard>. Perhaps this is the issue?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I still haven't been able to connect to Murphy's Law on Hellscream, and I'm beginning to think it may have to do with the apostrophe in the guild name, just my thought on it.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
04/17/2012 11:33 PMPosted by Edarrhyvos
I still haven't been able to connect to Murphy's Law on Hellscream, and I'm beginning to think it may have to do with the apostrophe in the guild name, just my thought on it.

Did you guild recently change its name or transfer to a new realm?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
sorry for the late response, but no I haven't done a guild change, or new realm transfer recently, the last change I have done was a faction change for my Shammy, and that was well over a year ago.

I would also like to add that my Android device has changed, I am currently using the Samsung Galaxy S II on the AT&T network, both on Wifi, and 4G, running Android 4.0.3, with Mobile Armory App version 2.3.2

Anything else you might need please feel free to ask, I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
im also in murphy's law with Edarrhyvos and have the same issue
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Thank you for getting back to me on this. We're looking into this for you now.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
any lead into this issue as of yet thsi seems like a great feature my guildies and are looking forward to start using it though it seems we will not be able too until this is corrected :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Just wanted to thank the Dev team of the Mobile Armory for fixing the connection issue, at least to Murphy's Law on Hellscream
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Having this problem as well, I just got a brand spankin new Samsung Galaxy III....with all brand new updated software, etc and just downloaded the app.

Server: Thorium Brotherhood
Character: Evangele
Guild: Tendency

Now, when I log onto my horde character on the same server it logs in and everything is cool.

Server: Thorium Brotherhood
Character: Flyrr
Guild: Halfway Serious

SO it just wont work alliance side for my guild, Tendency.

=(

Note: Guild(Tendency) has not changed name or servers in the past forever, so that is not the issue
Edited by Evangele on 12/5/2012 11:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]