Buyers beware: The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

90 Night Elf Death Knight
I just put a ticket in to get my mats, gold, and previous weapon back. I'm pissed that I spent gold on a downgrade than vendored my old weapon.
90 Draenei Shaman
It's a reskin as well. thats the most alarming thing. A real expensive ugly reskin of blade of the fearless.

"frost scythe of Ahune anyone"?
Edited by Drassilla on 7/28/2011 9:57 PM PDT
85 Draenei Death Knight
I still don't know why people went out and got this worthless weapon when the first boss in Firelands has a 378 axe and, if need be, Heroic Magmaw has a 372 Akirus. It's not worth the time, effort, or money at all.
85 Draenei Priest
We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House. It wasn't intended to compete as much with current raid drops, as it felt weird that a strength-based DPS crafted weapon was more attractive than some of its counterparts.

Again, fine. But I want to point out that other 365 Blacksmith weapons, while not as good as their Firelands counterparts, remain upgrades from the previous normal tier.

How is there a concern that a 3.6 speed 365 weapon would be too competitive with a 3.6 speed 378? The 378 is a clear upgrade in that case. I still don't see why it shouldn't be 3.6, it still would not be as good as a current tier weapon.

I do understand why it can't be 3.8 -- though not why it was changed with no announcement to help make up for the lack of a tooltip update. But I see no reason why "not 3.8" has to mean 3.5. It really looks like an overcompensation as this weapon really is fairly bad.

And the TED doesn't even seem right for a 3.5 of ilvl 365. Something is still very wrong with this weapon.
Edited by Tiakatt on 7/28/2011 10:20 PM PDT
3.6 would be better for most specs stop nerfing.
85 Undead Warrior
BUR
07/28/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Zarhym
We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House. It wasn't intended to compete as much with current raid drops, as it felt weird that a strength-based DPS crafted weapon was more attractive than some of its counterparts.

You know what else is weird? A 3.6 speed 2her nobody wants because the unheroic version is outperformed by heroic weapons in the previous tier, and/or because even the heroic version of the same 3.6 speed weapon is outperformed by the non-heroic 3.8 speed weapon in the same tier.

::glares angrily at Skullstealer Greataxe ::
Edited by Necronom on 7/28/2011 10:03 PM PDT
79 Human Priest
07/28/2011 09:58 PMPosted by Gousuke
I still don't know why people went out and got this worthless weapon when the first boss in Firelands has a 378 axe and, if need be, Heroic Magmaw has a 372 Akirus. It's not worth the time, effort, or money at all.

Not everybody can (or wants to) raid.
it does seem that since the materials to craft them are out of this world expensive and it is basically part of the latest tier, it should be a definate upgrade from the last tier. It shouldn't be 'on par' with the last tier.

i was going to get this recipe, now ill just wait for the 2 handers from firelands to filter their way down to the tanks.
Edited by Tiek on 7/28/2011 10:06 PM PDT
100 Human Death Knight
Time/money spent by crafters:
Recipie
19 days of dailies say 40min each day = 12.67 hours of dailies toward recipie
Chaos Orbs
In most dungeon runs, you’ll have between 2 and 4 people rolling on them, in my experience. There are pretty good numbers on how long a standard dungeon run – the most efficient way to get a chaos orb – takes. It’s about 50 minutes. So, to get enough Chaos Orbs to make one of these weapons, on average, you’re looking at 3(average number of rollers) x 50(minutes) x5 (Orbs) = 12 hours, 30 min of dungeons for a single weapon craft (not counting queue time).
Truegold
8 days of cooldowns if you have a Alchemist and the mats.
8 truegold on AH 8x850(server avg)=6800gold
Hardened elementium bars and Ocean Sapphire
4bars and 2 OS comes out to about 350 gold
So 7150gold and 25.17 hours of farming orbs and recipies. For a lesser of a upgrade Because blizz messed up a tool tip. With no prior warning from blizz of the tooltip. People Would of been more ok with this all if there would of been a previous post by blizz stating stat change shortly after 4.2 release.
85 Gnome Warrior
07/28/2011 10:03 PMPosted by Gazenthia

Not everybody can (or wants to) raid.

And before people say to this, "you don't need raid gear if you don't raid"

Some of us use those weapons for PvP. Granted we can get weapons from honor points now, but some people just like using PvE weapons for PvP. I probably would if I actually raided. Not sure I like the model for my greatsword now that I have it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]