Buyers beware: The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

89 Goblin Hunter
07/29/2011 01:55 AMPosted by Verz
I don't even need it to be 3.8 speed, just 3.6 like most other 2h and with a 365-appropriate damage spread would be fine. There's no reason at all a 365 crafted weapon that takes this much work ("ease to obtain" my hind-quarters) should be so weak in comparison to pre-existing items that are way, way easier to obtain.

^ Agreed. I think it's funny they say this is easy to get, while yes, it's as simple as walking to the AH, searching it and buying it then and there. But getting the gold to do that isn't as simple as that, and can take a much longer time to get, versus say, I don't know walking into the super nerfed BWD, taking a left, yawning your way through the first boss and oh look, a 359 2hander which is basically as good as the sword is now. Maybe I'm careful with my gold, but if there's an option outside of spending gold, I'm going to be using that option. And right now, with nerfed T11 raids (I healed BWD and BoT with a 318 ilvl on my druid, basically full questing greens), you can't say those aren't easy and accessible. Even Nefarian (Normal Ashkandi is better than this 365 pos sword btw) is easily puggable without even the coordination of vent, whilst taking extra and unplanned electrocutes during P2 (because your ranged dps wanna bash Nefarian's face in), so I just don't see how this sword is worth it anymore.
Edited by Tìmeismoney on 7/29/2011 4:19 AM PDT
100 Undead Warrior
Yeah i did my ticket the first days and blizzard told me deal with it no refound but maybe a fix
85 Troll Death Knight
First the 371 PvP gear mess and now this? Blizzard's poor communication skills have screwed me and God knows how many others twice in the last month.
100 Draenei Paladin
07/29/2011 04:45 AMPosted by Zodeth
First the 371 PvP gear mess and now this? Blizzard's poor communication skills have screwed me and God knows how many others twice in the last month.

Yeah except for the thousands of people who wasted thousands of gold/mats/time on this aren't gonna get a refund like the PVP fiasco.
07/28/2011 06:51 PMPosted by Kahk
...as it felt weird that a strength-based DPS crafted weapon was more attractive than some of its counterparts.

First off, this is true when it was its old BETA stats...
http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/70172/plans-masterwork-elementium-deathblade/

Secondly, this is not true when comparing the TOOLTIP to current counter-parts...
∙ 359 - 1795-2693 3.6s Akirus the Worm-Breaker
∙ 359 - 1795-2693 3.6s Shalug'doom, the Axe of Unmaking
∙ 359 - 1795-2693 3.6s Vicious Gladiator's Greatsword
∙ 365 - 1845-2769 3.5s (REALITY) Masterwork Elementium Deathblade
∙ 359 - 1894-2843 3.8s Reclaimed Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood
∙ 359 - 1894-2843 3.8s Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds
∙ 365 - 2003-3006 3.8s (TOOLTIP) <<-- Look, it should be here!
∙ 372 - 2026-3040 3.6s Shalug'doom, the Axe of Unmaking
∙ 372 - 2026-3040 3.6s Akirus the Worm-Breaker
∙ 372 - 2238-3209 3.8s Reclaimed Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood
∙ 365 - 1753-3256 3.8s (BETA 4.2) <<-- Sorta out of place, but look at variable damage...
∙ 378 - 2142-3215 3.8s Skullstealer Greataxe
∙ 378 - 2142-3215 3.8s Ruthless Gladiator's Greatsword
∙ 378 - 2142-3215 3.8s Zoid's Firelit Greatsword (Has a 1x Gem Sockets)
∙ 384 - 2392-3589 3.8s Sulfuras, The Extinguished Hand (Has a 2x Gem Sockets)

Nice to see it illustrated so plainly, unfortunately I think Zarhym is afraid of facts like this.
90 Undead Death Knight
07/29/2011 02:47 AMPosted by Tìmeismoney
I don't even need it to be 3.8 speed, just 3.6 like most other 2h and with a 365-appropriate damage spread would be fine. There's no reason at all a 365 crafted weapon that takes this much work ("ease to obtain" my hind-quarters) should be so weak in comparison to pre-existing items that are way, way easier to obtain.

^ Agreed. I think it's funny they say this is easy to get, while yes, it's as simple as walking to the AH, searching it and buying it then and there. But getting the gold to do that isn't as simple as that, and can take a much longer time to get, versus say, I don't know walking into the super nerfed BWD, taking a left, yawning your way through the first boss and oh look, a 359 2hander which is basically as good as the sword is now. Maybe I'm careful with my gold, but if there's an option outside of spending gold, I'm going to be using that option. And right now, with nerfed T11 raids (I healed BWD and BoT with a 318 ilvl on my druid, basically full questing greens), you can't say those aren't easy and accessible. Even Nefarian (Normal Ashkandi is better than this 365 pos sword btw) is easily puggable without even the coordination of vent, whilst taking extra and unplanned electrocutes during P2 (because your ranged dps wanna bash Nefarian's face in), so I just don't see how this sword is worth it anymore.

moral of the story, raid > buying off the AH, got it ty
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
lol
5 Undead Priest
How does this weapon compare to Jeklik's Smasher for a TG fury warrior who has been very unlucky with raid drops? (currently using 2 of those)
85 Orc Death Knight
07/29/2011 02:01 AMPosted by Alayea
Thanks for the heads-up. I was mulling whether it'd be worth the trouble getting MED for an alt, now I know it isn't.

My pleasure.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Just a note, I put a ticket in and a GM unbound the sword + restored my old weapon. Now the tricky task of trying to sell the worthless thing for the gold I put into it...
85 Human Death Knight
07/29/2011 06:19 AMPosted by Berek
Just a note, I put a ticket in and a GM unbound the sword + restored my old weapon. Now the tricky task of trying to sell the worthless thing for the gold I put into it...

So that someone else can petition a gm to unbind the sword so they can try to sell the worthless thing for the gold they put into it...

Terrible solution by Blizzard, imo.
70 Draenei Shaman
07/29/2011 06:43 AMPosted by Trucqulent
We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House. It wasn't intended to compete as much with current raid drops, as it felt weird that a strength-based DPS crafted weapon was more attractive than some of its counterparts.

So you consider spending ~25k gold not on par with killing raid bosses? Really?
why would you want a weapon of a higher ilvl to be equlivant to weapons of the previous tier? I mean I agree that they shouldn't be as good as firelands loot, but they're higher ilvl and should be better than old gear. Whats the point of crafting any if they're not desirable to buy?
85 Orc Death Knight
07/29/2011 06:47 AMPosted by Bàlgus
why would you want a weapon of a higher ilvl to be equlivant to weapons of the previous tier? I mean I agree that they shouldn't be as good as firelands loot, but they're higher ilvl and should be better than old gear. Whats the point of crafting any if they're not desirable to buy?

Not to mention our group got screwed over in the 378 BoE drops for Firelands trash, not one 2h Str weapon. Yet they say they didn't want easily obtainable items to outperform.. Pah, such an annoyance.
Edited by Demise on 7/29/2011 6:53 AM PDT
85 Human Death Knight
07/29/2011 06:47 AMPosted by Bàlgus

This is what baffles me. If something has a higher ilvl (and by 16 points) it should be better than an item with a lower ilvl. At least that's my understanding of ilvl. Sure there are exceptions and some classes value one thing over another, haste or mastery for example, but as a general rule higher ilvl should equate to a better item, correct?

Which makes me wonder why the strength weapon is in this position. Are the other Firelands craftable weapons side-grades? If so then I think it poor design but at least its consistent. If not then that sounds like good design for everyone but specs that value strength.
Are the other Firelands craftable weapons side-grades? If so then I think it poor design but at least its consistent. If not then that sounds like good design for everyone but specs that value strength.

Def not all. for instance the Elementium-Edged Scalper is a direct upgrade to Soul Blade

Though maybe I shouldn't point that out since they already seem to want every 1h strength dps bis weapon to be boe this expac.
Edited by Bàlgus on 7/29/2011 7:01 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]