Buyers beware: The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

90 Goblin Death Knight
...Then when they start doing that and start reading all the test and data mining and say something about it people will tell them not to believe what they read on those sites.

On top of this I'm finding that the data on wowhead is not the same as the data on this website and is not the same as the data in the game.

07/29/2011 10:44 AMPosted by Farabee
This change was posted on Wowhead the minute 4.2 came out.

So when wowhead has the wrong data, will you be mad when you decide to spend components on an item that is not the way wowhead advertised it?
Edited by Kahk on 7/29/2011 10:52 AM PDT
16 Worgen Priest
07/21/2011 11:13 AMPosted by Darckshade
I could be off but wouldn't 3.5 speed be better than 3.80. You would swing faster. Is that not a good thing. Not trolling i am really curious.

No it is not as the slower the weapon, the harder it hits and it really applies to a lot of melee classes where weapon damage is a large portion of the damage a specific ability will do!
90 Goblin Death Knight
07/29/2011 10:50 AMPosted by Darthtaco
How dare we read the tooltips in game. We should rely on third party sites instead. *facepalm*

The "not so funny" thing about this... the Game Master who answered my ticket actually told me this.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok. So I guess ill just wait until I get the season 10 2h weapon then. This expansion sux for ret pallies and here is another reason for it.
90 Human Paladin
This sword was designed with Blood DK tanking in mind (may have been brought up before). We don't care about dps, and it does provide 365 stat boosts in the areas we hope for in a weapon (mastery, sta).

But yeah, everything else about this sword is ridiculou.

This, along with the complete and utter lack of BoE plate, PvE, DPS helms and shoulders (the reason I'm wearing PvP gear in those slots) makes it look suspiciously as though Blizz is trying to force every plate class to switch to tank spec. Oh look, there are at least two BoE plate tanking shoulders on the AH. Can't even get a DPS plate helm or shoulder from any of the rep grinds. Tank tank tank.

Blizzard, there are some (plenty) of us plate players who, for various reasons, can't or don't raid. We spend our game time mostly in solo play. Sure, I don't "need" raid gear if I'm not raiding. But you've acknowledged that even we "casuals" want to feel like we're progressing our characters. I've progressed this toon as Retribution since I rolled her, and want to continue progressing her in that spec. I have an almost-equivalently-geared 85 Prot paladin on the Horde side, and I've gotten tired of soloing with her because in Prot spec it just takes too frakkin' long to kill stuff. Heck, at this point I'd be happy with some random-drop PvE gear that simply looks different from what I got from quest rewards, instead of yet another recolored Spanish Conquistador helm and shoulders.
Edited by Eilyssana on 7/29/2011 10:58 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
This whole thing has really soured me on the game. Everyday since 4.2 release working towards a weapon only to find out the day before it becomes available that Blizzard had nerfed it PRIOR to 4.2 release and didn't bother to inform the playerbase.

Almost three weeks of my time, every day, is considered "ease" but spending 20 minutes in a nerfed 10 man raid once a week is not.

"as it felt weird " gee what a good way to base decisions on.
89 Orc Warrior
They can't refund it or transfer it to another character. I don't blame the GMs for that, but it's a damn sloppy operation.
70 Tauren Druid

And it feels worse to think you're getting an upgrade to find out that its a masked 346 blue.
90 Human Paladin
This whole thing has really soured me on the game. Everyday since 4.2 release working towards a weapon only to find out the day before it becomes available that Blizzard had nerfed it PRIOR to 4.2 release and didn't bother to inform the playerbase.

Almost three weeks of my time, every day, is considered "ease" but spending 20 minutes in a nerfed 10 man raid once a week is not.

I'm right there with you Rowley. Normally I am a sunshine pumper and some would call me a fanboi for Blizz. (and I do love their games).

But The Sword of 1000 Lies is really starting to make me believe all the QQers are right and that maybe Blizz just doesn't get it anymore.
Edited by Kezmaefele on 7/29/2011 11:12 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
07/29/2011 11:11 AMPosted by Morphinrangr

And it feels worse to think you're getting an upgrade to find out that its a masked 346 blue.

Thankfully that never happened to me. I was fortunate enough to find out before I actually made it. I had the mats, found out about The Sword of Deceit and made a Harvester for my hunter instead.

edit: but I have bought the recipe.
Edited by Rowly on 7/29/2011 11:20 AM PDT
85 Undead Warrior
Syk
Would this thing impact my rage gain as TG fury? Ever since I got this sword, I feel like been needing to hit Battle should for rage a lot more. Had 359 main hand and 346 off hand prior and rage was pretty smooth.
70 Tauren Druid
07/29/2011 11:14 AMPosted by Ahli
Would this thing impact my rage gain as TG fury? Ever since I got this sword, I feel like been needing to hit Battle should for rage a lot more. Had 359 main hand and 346 off hand prior and rage was pretty smooth.

Unless you dropped hit I don't see why it would. Has your dps increased or dropped?
90 Draenei Paladin
This sword needs to get buffed or have the ilvl change to 359 since that's whats it's suppose to be according to blizz. A badly itemized 359 on top of that.

Edited by Ivrae on 7/29/2011 11:35 AM PDT
85 Undead Warrior
Syk

Unless you dropped hit I don't see why it would. Has your dps increased or dropped?

DPS increased by about 1k baseline. Hit stayed around 9-ish - it lowered some fractional amount. Also, only had landslide on main-hand weapon before. Now have on both.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
07/29/2011 11:24 AMPosted by Ivrae
This sword needs to get buffed or have the ilvl change to 359 since that's whats it's suppose to be according to blizz.

I believe the correct ilvl change should be to ilvl 346 not 359.
90 Goblin Death Knight
This sword needs to get buffed or have the ilvl change to 359 since that's whats it's suppose to be according to blizz.

I believe the correct ilvl change should be to ilvl 346 not 359.

Unfortunately they can't just change the iLevel. The iLevel is based off of the DPS, Primary Stats, and Secondary Stats; so if they changed it to 359, or even 346, they would have to change the current true DPS or stats... in otherwords, nerf the weapon again.
Edited by Kahk on 7/29/2011 11:42 AM PDT
85 Troll Rogue
07/28/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Zarhym
We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House. It wasn't intended to compete as much with current raid drops, as it felt weird that a strength-based DPS crafted weapon was more attractive than some of its counterparts.

Why is that feeling only extended towards this weapon? The Pyrium Spellward (1h craftable sword) while not a staggering upgrade from Fang of Twilight, certainly outperforms it, not only is the base dps better, but itemization is a step up as well. I don't see why the other craftable weapons were intended to slightly outperform their counterparts from the last tier, yet the 2 hander was meant to be "on par" with it's counterparts.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Here's the GM's response to my request for restoration of my mats and gold:

We are unable to provided restorations you requested. Restoration request must be received with in 24 hours of the items purchase or made before a restorations can be given.

Unacceptable considering that the tooltip was only changed in-game today. I've been waiting to see what Blizzard's "resolution" would be to this issue before figuring out what I would do about it, so of course didn't ask for restoration within 24 hours of having it made (and then figuring out that they did the bait and switch, yet again...).

90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is a bad case of bait and switch. They advertised a 3.8 weapon for weeks while we grinded away at the quests and mats. Then after we are able to get them, they change it. Bad business practice at its finest there.

The fact that this item is a bridge to gap t11 and t12 and you think people won't take 2hers from Firelands now is incorrect. Sure, some people will pass Shannox's skullstealer mainly because they don't want to spend the mats for another landslide or the dkp early for that weapon which isn't a whole lot better (yet still an upgrade), but they are waiting out for Rag's Sulfuras which is by far better.

The fact that melee 2h dps actually have a good bridge here with a crafted weapon, compared to the 5 378 BoE weapons that drop from any trash and have been farmed and sold on AH as well since day 1 of 4.2, yet 365 blacksmithing weapons just became available within the last week. Oh yes, it is very easy to obtain,,sarcasm,,
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]