Buyers beware: The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

90 Human Paladin
You know what's funny, I never crafted one because I felt Blizzard would renege.

Now another blue will hand us a line of BS on how nerfs don't always affect player's benefit. Actually this wasn't even a benefit it was an advertised item, at the end of weeks long rep grind. Nothing underhanded about that at all./s

90 Human Warrior
Make this weapon 3.8 speed again.

Almost every other crafted weapon beats out anything in t11. No excuse for this weapon to be worse than particular drops in t11.
90 Dwarf Paladin
07/25/2011 06:20 PMPosted by Eithris
then the sword is worthless to me or anyone i know

Yep, now to open tickets until I get my mats back.

Worthless sword is worthless now.
90 Draenei Paladin
So I've read the whole thread, and I'm not sure I'm clear about what's wrong exactly. The speed on the tooltip says 3.8, and the damage says 2003-3006 and 659 dps. Does this mean that the damage stats shown on the tooltip are wrong, because the speed is (in reality) 3.5?

I'm trying to figure out whether this really was an upgrade for this character. I had the Blade of the Fearless previously. I don't raid, and I transmuted the Truegold myself, so it's not a HUGE loss for me (though I could have used the Truegold for the dagger for my mage...), but still irritating on principle.

Can anyone give me some help on this?

And yeah, when is Blizzard going to tell us something about this? It would take like 10 seconds to say "yeah, we know about it, the tool tip will be fixed soon(tm)" or some such.

Current weapon is better by a bit over 1k dps when compared with that blue. In a raid setting that is.

Speed is important when determing which weapon is better when they're of similar quality. When you have an ilvl gap like that just look at the bottom and top end damage. Will save you the effort of running a sim for it.

And incase you're curious. Akirus the Worm-Breaker is slightly worse than your weapon as well (for your gear). Was a buy you can be proud of if you're against farming for the pvp weapons.
Edited by Ereus on 7/25/2011 8:58 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Horrible way to treat your customers Blizzard.

edit: just logged in after maintenance, Weapon is still listed as 3.80 speed 3006 top end.
Way to go, going to keep the little deception going are you.
Edited by Rowly on 7/26/2011 11:02 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Maybe the developers like having a big "I'M A NOOB WHO DOESN'T KNOW HIS CLASS MECHANICS" sign on players so they and their raiding buddies can have a giggle.

edit: and I say raiders because there is not one single group other than some of them that would complain about this. "Oh nooees a weapon that's slightly better than the previous raiding tier, we better complain till it's nerfed"
Edited by Rowly on 7/26/2011 11:10 AM PDT
90 Draenei Warrior
Here's the thing:

I look at the tooltip for the recipe and I go, "Great, I can craft upgrades for the Akirus the Worm-Breaker 's that I'm dual-wielding." So I go get what I need and make one. Equip it and realize that it's not so great. It's, "Just ok." and the damage is different than the tooltip showed.

Okay, fine. I'll take it, but would I have gone through the trouble if the item had matched the tooltip? Hard to say, I probably would have held on to the mats for something else and gone for replacement weps through drops.

Yep, it's just a game but the concept is the same. It's called false advertising. I'm not particularly upset about it, but here's the real effect-- it undermines confidence in the structure of the game and the QA in general. Something as simple as proofreading or review would have prevented it. Since I've been around a while, I knew well enough to keep my second Worm-Breaker.

<shrug>

P.S. Fix the targeting bug.
90 Human Paladin
07/26/2011 11:10 AMPosted by Klystron
Yep, it's just a game but the concept is the same. It's called false advertising. I'm not particularly upset about it, but here's the real effect-- it undermines confidence in the structure of the game and the QA in general. Something as simple as proofreading or review would have prevented it.

There are some morals that cross all aspects, Blizzard has just proven the lack of some of these morals. The proper thing to do is to accept they made a mistake and have the intestinal fortitude to leave the weapon as the tool tip states in game.

This "tooltip error" should have been fixed prior to this item becoming available at the very least. To STILL have it incorrect after todays maintenance is a sign of contempt or apathy towards the playerbase.
There is no other reason, bugs that benefit players are fixed within hours, this is not even a bug this is something that was done deliberately prior to 4.2 release and kept quiet.

It has killed my desire to play this game, I specifically set out for that weapon at 4.2 launch based on information from Blizzard. To not honor the ingame tooltip after this amount of time is.... I dunno.... it's just not how you treat customers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgdTymCZowU&feature=relmfu
90 Dwarf Paladin
As far as I am aware tooltips are a lot harder to change than weapon stats (we have had tooltips wrong for whole xpacs, or longer, yet they mess with stats on items a lot when they have something wrong).

So rather than screwing their customers for even longer with people buying this PoS only to find it is not the advertized speed why on earth don't they fix the weapon to match the tooltip.

With this sword I ended up with about a 10 top end damage increase. For all those mats that is laughable.

Blizzard need to hurry up and revert their "working as intended" 3.5s piece of junk for something useful. The i378 weapons are still considerable upgrades to the i365. The problem is that the i365 is not an upgrade to an i359 weapon.

EDIT: oh, and give me my mats back.
Edited by Zamm on 7/26/2011 11:41 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Sword is a lie.
100 Human Paladin
BTW. I have 100% loved this patch. I like doing the dailies in the Molten Front. I don't consider them a grind at all. I love the new gear I'm getting. All the new achieves. The new pets and novelty items have been fun.

I've had fun in Firelands with my guild as well. Even though we haven't gotten a boss down yet. (I think this is the week) And overall would rate this as one of the better patches. Maybe since Ulduar?

But I still have some room to be disappointed with my Sword of 1000 Lies.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Just a quick update from the customer support forum:

While I cannot personally guarantee any form of refund, you are more then welcome to open an in game petition and inquire about one.

That said, there is no reason to let this thread keep going. Locking it. Please refrain from creating new threads about this issue.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2910941195?page=2

So let's all hope when we open our ticket that we get Game Master Tryanekkus:

I received another GM respnse. He "un-soulbound" the sword for me and removed my Landslide enchant and put both in the mail for me. I re-posted the sword and just sold it for 2K more than I bought it for. I'd like to shout out to Game Master Tryanekkus who was very helpful and understanding and I am happy with my resolution. I wish you all the best and I hope you all receive similar help with this Level 379 Fail.

post #95 of http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2842886834?page=5

Assuming the poster wasn't talking out of their posterior.

Although rather than having everyone who buys this sword heading to a GM for compensation as soon as they equip it (before the tooltip is fixed) how about just fixing the darned sword?

Oh, and the GM I talked to yesterday was absolutely fantastic, when talking about the conundrum of rolling on a shannox 2 hander, should one drop, he helpfully pointed out that I could roll on it and have two hours to change my mind if blizzard fixed the sword in that time (to pass it to an i359 guildie for a better rDPS boost). Which I pointed out was of very limited use given blizzard and "soon".

He then helpfully pointed out that it wasn't really two hours because if the sword dropped at the end of the raid, and if I wasn't playing any more that night it would be two hours the next day, so really it would be more like 24 hours for blizzard to fix the sword...

Are GMs actually people or a program that responds to your questions with automated responses?
24 Draenei Shaman
3.5 weapon speed?

The lack of explanation for this is beyond ridiculous, and yet exactly what one should expect.

2H crafters, honestly, if you had seen this recipe listed @ 3.5 weapon speed, would you have bothered? Did the 3.8 stat make you think, "yep, that one first"?

We prioritize our time based on .3 and it should be well understood that if a bug or error causes us to choose a sub-optimal prioritization, there are ramifications that "working as intended" simply does not solve.
Edited by Hauthorn on 7/26/2011 4:35 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Paladin
3.5 weapon speed?

The lack of explanation for this is beyond ridiculous, and yet exactly what one should expect.

2H crafters, honestly, if you had seen this recipe listed @ 3.5 weapon speed, would you have bothered? Did the 3.8 stat make you think, "yep, that one first"?

We prioritize our time based on .3 and it should be well understood that if a bug or error causes us to choose a sub-optimal prioritization, there are ramifications that "working as intended" simply does not solve.

i would have gone for it at 3.6 speed even, if the tooltip had shown it from the beginning. would not have been much of an upgrade over akirus, but would have been decent to tide me over until the rng favored me when we get goin in firelands. now, unless it gets bumped to 3.8 it really isn't worth anywhere near the mats. i don't know if i'd get one now even if they reduced the rediculous mats on the "working as intended" weapon.

maybe if you only needed elementium and no truegold or chaos orbs.

This is the issue, the time invested in the mats could have been much better spent in other ways. If we had known about the issue in advance things would have been a lot better. I am assuming that blizzard didn't find out just as we did that the sword was a 3.5s. So why didn't they warn us?

There are times when the way blizzard treats their customers is absolutely shocking. I don't know if it is because you feel and remember the nerfs and bugs more than the bug fixes and buffs but, especially as ret and the 4.1 PvP debacle, little things just keep piling up on top of each other.

And with the i359 S9 weapons being available for honor this sword us utterly worthless. You can get one of those for less time invested than getting the mats for the BoE sword.

PS give me my mats back blizzard, or fix the sword to work as intended
100 Goblin Death Knight
So... I did a little homework and, even though I hate to say it, the sword does have a place at its "intended" stats.

Technically the only two "Pre-Firelands" non-heroic raid drops that are better are:
Reclaimed Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood - Nefarian in Blackwing Descent
Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds - Archeology

Technically it is slighty better, and probably not worth spending the mats on if you have one of these weapons:
Shalug'doom, the Axe of Unmaking - Cho'Gall in Bastion of Twilight
Akirus the Worm-Breaker - Magmaw in Blackwing Descent
Vicious Gladiator's Bonegrinder - Honor Points
Vicious Gladiator's Decapitator - Honor Points
Vicious Gladiator's Greatsword - Honor Points

In my opinion I think this weapon was intended for the casual gamer who does not raid, or PvP, and has tons of cash laying around; it allows for those people to get to a previous raid tier level of weapon without making it a super weapon for those individuals.

BUT, I do think Blizzard has handled this quite poorly and should have noted the changes somewhere so people would have not spent time, mats, and gold on the weapon based on in-game stats. Being told that we should have to check a website, wowhead or here, to ensure the in-game data is correct before we purchase an item is extremely stupid.
Edited by Kahk on 7/27/2011 9:41 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Is there a reason that a 365 crafted weapon is flat-out worse than a 359 non-raid weapon ( Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds )?
Edited by Wrothaque on 7/27/2011 10:01 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Spending 3 weeks grinding marks for the recipe only to find the stats were false and Blizzard knew about it is a contemptible way to treat your customers.

The "as intended" blue post and locking of the thread in the bug forum with no other explanation was even farther proof of that contempt.

Comepletely dismissing weeks of work by hundreds if not thousands of customers with such little to no regard is no way to encourage customer loyalty. It certainly has made me reconsider mine.

This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]