Why does Australia miss out?

90 Night Elf Hunter
I have been looking forward to the new book since i heard about it and its finally here but when i went to order the ebook only its only available in the US... Just wondering why that is? its an ebook its not like its hard to "ship" over here? The only places iv found it is online hardcover for like 50 aussie dollars and sorry but id rather spend the 15 US for the ebook. jsut wondering why its only available in the US and not elsewere as an ebook?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
As I understand it, only like 20-30 people in Australia know how to read, so it's not a huge market that publishers feel compelled to get to right away.

Seriously though, Australia is just a smaller market. Takes time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Could it have something to do with Aussie censorship? I don't know much about Aussie government, but if they censor literature half as bad as they do video games that could be a factor.
Edited by Snozberries on 7/23/2011 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
20 Troll Warrior
As I understand it, only like 20-30 people in Australia know how to read, so it's not a huge market that publishers feel compelled to get to right away.

Seriously though, Australia is just a smaller market. Takes time.

Yeah, I hate you too.

Could it have something to do with Aussie censorship? I don't know much about Aussie government, but if they censor literature half as bad as they do video games that could be a factor.

Probably, the government here is kinda weird with the violent and sexual references in games and books etc.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Anyone ever see that Flight of the Conchords where Jermaine is dating the Australian girl?

Her name's Keitha...like Keith but with an A.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I sent an email to Amazon about it and I got this reply.

Hello,

I'm sorry you had trouble buying "World of Warcraft: Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects" from the Kindle Store. I have confirmed that this title isn't available in Australia.

Publishers grant eBook rights on a country by country basis, as a result availability and pricing of titles in the Kindle Store can vary by your home country or region. We are actively working with publishers to get the rights to all titles for every country and adding more selection every day.

The business of our international customers is very important to us, and I have also passed your message along to the appropriate people in our company for their consideration so that we can make this title available for your country at the earliest.

We'll display your home country or region at the top of the Kindle Store on Amazon.com so you know you are browsing content and prices specific to your country or region. When shopping on your Kindle, it automatically picks up the home country or region from your account information and displays only content eligible for purchase and delivery in your home country.

You can confirm your country settings are correct on the Manage Your Kindle page (www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle).

You'll also find helpful information on our Using Kindle If You Live Outside the United States Help page (http://www.amazon.com/kindleinternationalsupport).

Thanks for using Kindle.

So basically, they don't really care. Still can't even get the Arthas book on kindle over in Australia yet, seriously wtf..

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman

So basically, they don't really care. Still can't even get the Arthas book on kindle over in Australia yet, seriously wtf..

It's the publisher. Blame Blizzard, not Amazon.

And also, WoW books? Really? There's so much better stuff out there.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Actually alot of thing Australia is ok about more so than America so its definitly not censorship specially when it comes to TV.

But yeah seems its jsut laziness on acount of getting the rights here for the ebook which is weird because the real book is available already. really weird but oh well.

Oh and thanks sprick for the info that really does suck :P
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Hey there Rinn, I think I may have the solution to your problem. You should check out a site called the Book Depository, it is a UK site but they do have free shipping worldwide. I ordered the Thrall book (hardcover) for about $20 AUS and it got delivered to my door about a week and a half later. As a fellow Aussie I feel your pain, I can never seem to find any of the Warcraft books locally (except once with Stormrage) so I usually order my stuff through that site. Hope that helps you out. :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
What was that Paul Keating quote about Australia's location on the earth?

god forbid you live in western australia!

ha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]