Dear Alliance of Lightninghoof

85 Worgen Death Knight
I have become completely disgusted with the alliance on my current server and I am looking to transfer to Lightninghoof. But before I do I would like to ask a few questions.

To begin I will say that I really want to start raiding as I have never raided before. I am geared to tank and I know how to play my class quite well, however, the alliance of my current server is only interested in FL. I would much rather start in the T11 raids since I have little to no experience raiding.

So to ask my question, would there be any semi-casual raiding guilds still running the pre FL raids that would take in this poor lost Worgen? On core team or alternate raid team I don't care, I must begin somewhere.

As for a bio: I am a friendly, mature, and active player looking to begin tanking (or dpsing) raids. I am always willing to learn and can take orders well. I have a great raiding resource in an rl friend who no longer plays, but has tanked all raids excluding FL. I also have RP experience for the record.

Regards,
Thoyd
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
join jazzberry bam #1 pvp guild lhoof
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
If you guys plan on starting to raid I will keep you guys in mind when I do switch over. Kinda burnt out on pvp atm though.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Hunter
07/22/2011 06:19 PMPosted by Corked
join jazzberry bam #1 pvp guild lhoof

I applaud your support of your guild, but let's not get hasty on the whole "#1 pvp guild lhoof" when you guys are level 3 with 13 members. :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
07/23/2011 12:24 AMPosted by Lychee
I applaud your support of your guild, but let's not get hasty on the whole "#1 pvp guild lhoof" when you guys are level 3 with 13 members. :)

I bet their average arena ratings are higher than most, if not all other guilds though

Perhaps they should say "#1 arena guild lhoof".
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Hunter
07/23/2011 12:24 AMPosted by Lychee
I bet their average arena ratings are higher than most, if not all other guilds though

High arena ratings does not a "#1 pvp guild lhoof" make. ;)

07/23/2011 07:36 AMPosted by Jeina

This, though I think JV might spank them on that one. Maybe they should try the "#1 arena guild lhoof Alliance" tag instead. *shrug*
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
07/23/2011 11:57 AMPosted by Solva

This, though I think JV might spank them on that one. Maybe they should try the "#1 arena guild lhoof Alliance" tag instead. *shrug*

You imply that being the best at Arena doesn't carry over to other stuff like battlegrounds or world pvp.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
07/23/2011 12:06 PMPosted by Vendy

You imply that being the best at Arena doesn't carry over to other stuff like battlegrounds or world pvp.

They have 1 rated arena team, which is the highest on LH, but none of them are on the rated BG list so? To have the #1 pvp guild you'd think they have it all. Best 2's, best 3's, best 5's, highest rated in rateds, a proven track record of world pvp battles/wins..etc This is just silly to claim #1 pvp guild as one 3's team doesn't dictate all of pvp.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
07/23/2011 12:06 PMPosted by Vendy

A possibly valid argument had they said "#1 talented pvpers lhoof".
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest

They have 1 rated arena team, which is the highest on LH, but none of them are on the rated BG list so? To have the #1 pvp guild you'd think they have it all. Best 2's, best 3's, best 5's, highest rated in rateds, a proven track record of world pvp battles/wins..etc This is just silly to claim #1 pvp guild as one 3's team doesn't dictate all of pvp.

JV has two people I would call arena players (HJ and Zervium). So no, they would not spank them.

@Odinn -
2s? rofl, nice one.
3s? The only PvP bracket that matters when determining skill until late season 5s.
5s? Not done competitively till end of season.

RBG's? Pointless to think that there is any real personal skill involved. The RBG leader is what tends to determine the rating that the team will get to. Having good players on your team is only a small factor, as strats and communication tend to rake in wins, not individual badassery.

World PvP battles? lol only in your world do they stand for a measure of skill.

Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Why are we discussing this any further everyone should just recognize us as the best pvp guild on lhoof
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Skill has nothing to do with it.

Claiming to be the "#1 pvp guild lhoof" while only participating in Arena would be like claiming to be the "#1 pve guild lhoof" while only leveling alts.

If you want to be #1 in a single aspect of the game you have to participate in all aspects of that aspect.

Those are the rules that I just made up.

Abide by them or forever be cursed.
Edited by Jeina on 7/23/2011 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Skill has nothing to do with it.

Claiming to be the "#1 pvp guild lhoof" while only participating in Arena would be like claiming to be the "#1 pve guild lhoof" while only leveling alts.

If you want to be #1 in a single aspect of the game you have to participate in all aspects of that aspect.

Those are the rules that I just made up.

Abide by them or forever be cursed.

aspects
Reply Quote
07/23/2011 04:16 PMPosted by Jeina
while only leveling alts.

I am totally good at doing that.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
07/23/2011 05:57 PMPosted by Corked
aspects

Dragons.
Reply Quote
07/23/2011 06:00 PMPosted by Carstine
while only leveling alts.

I am totally good at doing that.

I believe Neshara has you beat, though.

@Facemelter: No real personal skill? I mean, sure, RBGs have their faults, but just like in 3s, one person's fault can easily cripple a team. Is it possible to recover easier from a mistake in RBGs? Possibly, but any team based thing at high levels needs everyone to be their personal and team best. Leadership plays a significant role, but it is kind of like saying world firsts involve little personal skill because all it is standing out of the fire and perfectly dodging raid mechanics and blah blah blah.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

JV has two people I would call arena players (HJ and Zervium). So no, they would not spank them.

@Odinn -
2s? rofl, nice one.
3s? The only PvP bracket that matters when determining skill until late season 5s.
5s? Not done competitively till end of season.

RBG's? Pointless to think that there is any real personal skill involved. The RBG leader is what tends to determine the rating that the team will get to. Having good players on your team is only a small factor, as strats and communication tend to rake in wins, not individual badassery.

World PvP battles? lol only in your world do they stand for a measure of skill.

So I suppose you consider pvp to only be the 3's bracket then? As mentioned above, being #1 in one small portion of pvp doesn't make you #1 in all of it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]