Facebook Friend Finder in Warcraft?

85 Human Paladin
So, I recently got a friend request from one of my Facebook friends that had found me through some Facebook Friend Finder feature. This is a pretty cool integration, and I wish to use it as well to find others on my Facebook that play World of Warcraft as well. Through an intense session of Googling, all I could find was instructions on how to use the feature in StarCraft II.

My primary question is about if the function even is available in World of Warcraft. Following that up on the condition that it is possible in WoW, how can I utilize it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I sadly don't think many of my faceboook friends play WoW but I wish I could find more :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I have a couple that do, which is why I'm interested in the friend finder.
Reply Quote
82 Troll Death Knight
I wish it would work like in Starcraft, that way all of my in the closet WoW facebook friends can find other in the closet WoW players with ease.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Warlock
A bit of advice...

If you don t mind not getting hired because you play wow then go ahead and link your facebook with wow or post that you play wow on Facebook. Point is that when recruiters see that you are a hardcore wow player or simply play wow they will pick someone else if they have the choice simply because wow=noproductivity

Wow is an awesome game but you need to keep private that you play it on social media sites unless you do not care about future employment. I would strongly recommend you do not post that you play wow a lot. Posting about playing a bit is probably ok but remember that if a recruiter is googleing you name and finds posts on Facebook that you played until 4am last week because of a sweet raid then I can guarantee that you won t get the job.

I asked our HR dept and late night gamers does not help your profile when you are looking for a job
Reply Quote
26 Troll Druid
A bit of advice...

If you don t mind not getting hired because you play wow then go ahead and link your facebook with wow or post that you play wow on Facebook. Point is that when recruiters see that you are a hardcore wow player or simply play wow they will pick someone else if they have the choice simply because wow=noproductivity

Wow is an awesome game but you need to keep private that you play it on social media sites unless you do not care about future employment. I would strongly recommend you do not post that you play wow a lot. Posting about playing a bit is probably ok but remember that if a recruiter is googleing you name and finds posts on Facebook that you played until 4am last week because of a sweet raid then I can guarantee that you won t get the job.

I asked our HR dept and late night gamers does not help your profile when you are looking for a job

This is why I love Google+ so much. Circles cuts out the chances an employer can see my WoW posts, cuz they aren't in my WoW circle. ^_^
Reply Quote
13 Gnome Warlock
Does anyone have an actual answer to the question? I would also like to use the friend finder, but how?

As far an employment is concerned, I have no desire to work for a company that pries into my personal life. So, answer?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
there are apps on facebook that spams your friends feeds with how you just got some purples from your 30th LFD and stuff. you can add several of your characters on it and it will update all feeds from those characters. i forgot the name of the app. =D

also, there are WoW groups out there too. join them.
Reply Quote
84 Worgen Druid
12/08/2011 10:33 AMPosted by Mertyl
As far an employment is concerned, I have no desire to work for a company that pries into my personal life. So, answer?

They all do. Let me translate what you said into real world words:

As far an employment is concerned, I have no desire to work.
Edited by Sædra on 12/8/2011 11:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
31 Worgen Rogue
12/08/2011 11:04 AMPosted by Sædra

They all do. Let me translate what you said into real world words:

As far an employment is concerned, I have no desire to work.

Pretty much this, although I find it ludicrous that playing a video game as a past time can determine whether you land a job or not...

Also, alternatively, you could just post a facebook status saying HEY I play WoW, anyone else play?
I don't get the point of friend finder on facebook. I already have everyone I want as a friend, I don't care about my friend's cousin's dad's friend.
Reply Quote
84 Worgen Druid
12/08/2011 11:10 AMPosted by Travis
Pretty much this, although I find it ludicrous that playing a video game as a past time can determine whether you land a job or not...

I agree...

You will find some companies that gamming won't bother, but they all will pry into your background to some extent. Most will ask about your hobbies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/08/2011 11:20 AMPosted by Sædra

I agree...

You will find some companies that gamming won't bother, but they all will pry into your background to some extent. Most will ask about your hobbies.

that aside, it's amazing what you can do if you actually set the privacy controls on facebook so that only friends can see what you have posted.
Reply Quote
84 Worgen Druid
Thats funny...Walmart Corp. Headquarters ISD/IT department, even the boss plays. They don't look at oh the over 2000 people that work in those depts as being ehem..."non productive" so I guess I can safely say no they don't care about it at all. All of them I ever interviewed for in the last five years or hit up my resume either said we all play here, or they could care less as long as you have the skills for the job. Its all over our facebook accounts and all over every vendor IT department that supports walmart such as HP, IBM, Motorola and the like. Guess it must be quite limited in its scope for that assumption.

Read my post...
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
Maybe this is what your friend used: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/wowphasebook/
Reply Quote
42 Orc Warlock
This could be the freind finder lol. Add me :)
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
The friend finder is only available in Starcraft at the moment, but of course real ID friends transfer across games.

The friend finder won't reveal on Facebook that you play on battle.net at all. It will merely invite players whose battle.net email addresses match their facebook email addresses.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't have a facebook account. I also wouldn't give my employer access to an account if I had one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]