Explanation about ferals.

85 Night Elf Druid
Hey Zarhym,
With this post i wanted to point about the strong points about ferals and their little weaknesses, so the developers and you can see why they are so strong at the moment.

Instant CC:
I'd say that this is one of the strongest issues that many people are experiencing with ferals, because their utility and damage are way too strong. I'm not saying "nerf cyclone", because that would completely annihilate Restoration druids (which are already really weak in PvP).
My suggestion to change this without changing much PvE would be changing Predatory strikes and put something along the lines of "Cannot trigger more than once in X seconds".

Damage:
-Feral druids are usually paired with classes that can give them mobility and if the ferals have any sort of up time for more than 4 seconds on the target, you can pretty much be certain that you will need to use a lot of cool-downs to counter it.

- The combined damage of bleeds and direct damage is way too much for PvP. I currently have ~3800 resilience and the average feral with full pvp gear and maybe 1 PvE trinket (Unheeded Warning seems to be the choice for ferals for alot of dmg) is 12k periodic damage from bleeds along with 19-23k shreds and 30-34k Ferocious Bites.

Weakness:
Mobility as the class itself is pretty decent at the moment, but many feral druids can argue that they can't move freely by themselves (that's why a lot of feral druids pair up with classes that give them more mobility ie: Hand of Freedom, double defensive priest dispel)

In my opinion , as a 2800 player and a multi gladiator on several classes is that Feral druids need a Change. How can we change ferals? it's up to you guys. I gave some suggestions but if they remain untouched, Feral will be the pvp spec to go for ALL druids (since Balance and Restoration are somewhat worthless at the moment)

Thanks in advance for reading my thread and i'm looking forward for a Blue response.

proof of my "crazy" numbers: http://imageshack.us/f/33/ohsillyferals.jpg/
Edited by Hotted on 7/22/2011 11:35 PM PDT
85 Human Rogue
Instant CC:
I'd say that this is one of the strongest issues that many people are experiencing with ferals, because their utility and damage are way too strong. I'm not saying "nerf cyclone", because that would completely annihilate Restoration druids (which are already really weak in PvP).
My suggestion to change this without changing much PvE would be changing Predatory strikes and put something along the lines of "Cannot trigger more than once in X seconds".

Yeah, I agree with this. Probably just removing the instant cast of predatory strikes would be the best way to fix them, as it doesn't affect PvE damage of ferals at all.
85 Dwarf Shaman
WTB pre-cata Rdruids
90 Human Warrior
totally agree with hotted.
85 Human Death Knight
I APPROVE THIS THREAD
21 Dwarf Hunter
Have Cyclone get a different on-use effect in Feral form, use energy and shorten the stun time to 4 seconds.

Oh hey, now they're homogenized with rogues. Good job.

As for damage, they're a burst class. Of course they're going to have high damage, but it's not sustainable. That's the whole point of burst.

As for them pairing up with classes that give them mobility, how the hell is that an advantage? Anyone can do that, that isn't even a mechanics problem.
85 Night Elf Druid
@rogue he didn't say remove them ^^ (not flaming or whatever).

Anyways

I think Ferals need a nerf on Unheeded Warning, currently its a 40% damage increase to shred, mangle, etc (Does not affect Ferocious Bite)

My changes:

Nerf unheeded warning to the GROUND. Random procs sometimes are clunky, etc.
Nerf Ferocious Bite by 8-9%
Make Instant clones have a 10 second internal cooldown from predatory swiftness.
Make Berserk last a duration of 18 seconds, remove the 10 second glyph from it (making it 25 seconds now which is HUGE burst but those who call the spec op don't know thats what is making our burst huge.)
With PS we can cast a 3x stack of lifebloom on ourselves with the PS proc.

I was checking my logs last night and bleeds are only hitting for like 3k for rake 5k for shred every 2 seconds or so. Shreds without unheeded hit for 18k crits (same as backstabs, but way more energy cost).

------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though we may seem strong atm, every other melee class is going to catch back up to us as soon as everyone is in full t2 s10 gear.

Feral RMP def needs a nerf though.

+ You forgot to tell every1 how many fear outs we have besides trinkets :p
Edited by Kneeco on 7/22/2011 2:59 PM PDT
85 Tauren Death Knight
I congrat you Hotted for your well redacted and explained issue, in spite of me don't caring about the topic, it's good to see people expressing properly around here.
85 Human Rogue
I agree completely with Hotted, feral druids are once again over the top. Even listing a weakness is wrong imo, as a rogue I rely heavily on being able to peel a target with stuns and slows, feral druids are UNSLOWABLE they have infinite mana to shift out of every single slow without ANY REPERCUSSIONS. Then if i do try to gouge or stun them the chances of a dodge or parry are MUCH higher then most other classes.

There are also many other issues hotted did point out instant cc and over the top damage but one he didnt that only from a rogue pov you can see. It is next to impossible to get an opener on a feral idk why it works like this but it does and it should be even for chances on an opener.
Ferals will be tricky to balance. You claim all of these high numbers, but try doing that again with unheeded warning taken out of your gear. A class shouldn't be balanced around an item, items should be balance around classes. If they nip our damage due to an item, all of those without the item will be subpar to say the least. I'd personally like to see us changed from being a burst class to a sustained, would help us in PvE moreso and people may complain less in PvP, but who knows.

Also try to be careful with your ideals and opinions of Ferals, they've been weak in PvP for a long time, people were able to near ignore them unless they were the best of the best equipt, so now that they're a threat people will freak. As a rogue you can still keep Druids slowed moreso than near any other class, and EVERY class has some form of other class that's resistant to their main role in PvP, just keep that in mind.
Edited by Kugraw on 7/22/2011 3:08 PM PDT
85 Human Death Knight
i approve
90 Human Warrior
totally agree with hotted.
85 Night Elf Druid
it amazes me how many ppl don't understand wat they're complaining about, feral cc is over the top WHEN COMPARED w/ the damage they can put out WITH UNHEEDED WARNING PROCCED.
ez fix guyz, nerf the !@#$ out of unheeded warning. that trinket alone brings my dmg from strong, to OMG WTF DID I JUST DO TO U!

putting a 10sec cd on insta clone isn't a bad idea, but it isn't the right direction imo. feral has always an should always be about utility. nerf dmg dont take my utility away.
85 Human Rogue
I've gotten 2800 on feral after only having played it for like a month and only something like 60-80 games played ever with an 80% win ratio right now at 2800.

Feral damage is too high for the amount of CC they have, but the solution to this I think is to make them choose, upon getting 5 points you can either USE the 5 points to make the next casted ability instant OR use the 5 points to do damage with a finisher. This makes them choose damage or CC which is how it should be.

Their mobility is better than rogues, so it's definitely fine. Their survivability is good.
85 Night Elf Druid
Give me a break. So tired of hearing about people giving inflated numbers about what ferals hit for. Their damage isn't the problem. In fact, their damage is still lower than warriors, mages, locks, and rogues. I honestly don't believe you when you say you got hit with 34k FB. I've only hit that once on a mage with unheeded and tigers fury proc'd.

The fact is, feral druid pve damage isn't the best, and even with the damage buffs it still isn't the best, so guess what? The damage is going to stay.
85 Night Elf Druid
Give me a break. So tired of hearing about people giving inflated numbers about what ferals hit for. Their damage isn't the problem. In fact, their damage is still lower than warriors, mages, locks, and rogues. I honestly don't believe you when you say you got hit with 34k FB. I've only hit that once on a mage with unheeded and tigers fury proc'd.

The fact is, feral druid pve damage isn't the best, and even with the damage buffs it still isn't the best, so guess what? The damage is going to stay.

The damage numbers that i put there are definitely not inflated. I'll screen shot my combat log after another arena session today, but 30-34k bites happen often.
81 Draenei Shaman
07/22/2011 02:35 PMPosted by Hotted

07/22/2011 02:53 PMPosted by Kneeco
Make Instant clones have a 10 second internal cooldown from predatory swiftness.

ok question: if you're both new to feral pvp why are you arguing itt?

07/22/2011 03:03 PMPosted by Silevo
feral druids are UNSLOWABLE they have infinite mana to shift out of every single slow without ANY REPERCUSSIONS.

1. put crippling poison on your weapon
2. laugh at the feral who can't shift out fast enough

07/22/2011 03:03 PMPosted by Kugraw
I'd personally like to see us changed from being a burst class to a sustained, would help us in PvE moreso and people may complain less in PvP, but who knows.

we tried that. they still complained. it resulted in the worst feral nerf i've ever had the misfortune of experiencing.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]