Explanation about ferals.

90 Human Warlock

Tigers Fury + On use trinket CAN crit for 30k+, but if you use that instead of unheeded you have no brain. Listen im all for the nerf on ferals, just don't inflate numbers please :P

I'm not inflating numbers, if I was able to find it I would've linked it to you. I got hit for ~27k, then 10k overkill, because I remember going back into my combat log (This happened more than once) and finding it.

I'm not saying it happens all the time, I'm just saying it happens often enough to be quite overpowered. I haven't hit harder than 20k with Starsurge, which is supposed to be my hardest hitter.

Oh, and for the record- These happened in RBGs, not arena. The larger amount of buffs could be the reason, but still. 37k is out of control.

In the future of the next expac comes out people will be whinning about 75k in greens an none arena's numbers. 37k crit is nothing, and people whinned about FB back in pre BC days doing 20k or more.
90 Blood Elf Rogue

I prefer they leave Unheeded Warning alone. That is all.

i'd prefer not having feral gutted because of a trinket.

I'm sure there are other issues at hand rather than, "nerf a trinket, it solves all the problems."
07/22/2011 05:05 PMPosted by Reak
"Setup" time for a move is totally irrelevant.

Then 6k combustions in PvP are TOTALLY OVERPOWERED!

Not really. Set up time is actually totally relevant.

MMM has set up time, bigger crits plz.
81 Draenei Shaman
07/22/2011 05:15 PMPosted by Crocadoodle
The druid hiding on a Shaman alt

i have a name you know :(

The "setup time" is not relevant because the DK showed that on a toon with 4190 resilience FB was in fact critting for 23k+ damage.

still not worth it.

It doesn't matter if there was a 5 minute setup up, or a 1 second set up, the fact a feral CAN pull off a 23k+ crit on someone with 4190 resilience is just not right.

see, i disagree. 23k isn't killing anyone and the cost is too high for it to not hit hard.

Of course Feral druids don't want to get nerfed...they're a tad OP when it comes to their ability in PVP, but then again no one wants to get nerfed when they have OP abilities.

at this point i wouldn't mind nerfs. i just don't want to be gutted, or nerfed in the wrong areas.

no one complained about wotlk feral, or bc feral, but apparently it's too hard to go back to that, so we end up with a spec that's nothing like the one we rolled, even if it is good.
85 Worgen Druid
The "setup time" is not relevant because the DK showed that on a toon with 4190 resilience FB was in fact critting for 23k+ damage.

It doesn't matter if there was a 5 minute setup up, or a 1 second set up, the fact a feral CAN pull off a 23k+ crit on someone with 4190 resilience is just not right.

The set up time IS relavant because he's literally going to be doing NO DAMAGE afterward. He is shoving EVERYTHING into that bite. TF Grants 60 energy, along with 15% extra damage. To get 23k+ Crits on someone with that much resilience, you NEED to have at LEAST TF + 50 energy.

If the target does not die then, or within the next 10 seconds, you've just wasted all that damage that could have been a rip, could have been a rake, could have been shreds, etc. You are pouring ALL of your FUTURE, GUARANTEED damage that will do MORE over a longer time, into a POSSIBILITY of getting a large crit, that will lead to a kill.

You will not be threatened by that feral for the next 30 seconds at the very least, because he used a lot to even TRY. THAT'S what he's talking about.

The COST of an FB is the amount of momentum you lose by choosing to FB instead of Rip. Sometimes, the cost is a good trade. Other times, it's bad. It depends on the situation.

Nerf the trinket. Nerf some parts of the damage as LONG as I don't lose any in PvE. I'm actually doing the damage I should have been doing 4 months ago, since I can now scale. It's amazing. I'd rather not lose that.
85 Night Elf Druid
Touching the spell cyclone is a bad idea. It's the whole unavoidable instant CC that just makes the spell overpowered
85 Worgen Druid
Master Marksman. Instant aimed shot. Two COMPLETELY different things.

Brokenjaw apparently doesn't realize what set up we're talking about. The best comparison between a huge FB and a hunter in a similar situation is landing a Casted Aimed shot into Chimera. That will BARELY ever happen outside of the opener.
07/22/2011 04:45 PMPosted by Zarhym
Let's please not devolve too much into a discussion of "get your PvE/PvP balance out of my PvP/PvE game!" It's just not beneficial to anyone.

tell that to my pom pyro

/sadface for ages
96 Human Warrior
07/22/2011 03:16 PMPosted by Valexis
100% agree with hotted
1 Draenei Hunter
I cba to read the prior ten pages to see if this has already been suggested, but here's an easy fix for Predator's Swiftness+Cyclone; make Cyclone an Arcane spell. It has the added bonus of being a buff for Resto, which isn't exactly in the best place PvP-wise right now, as they could get a Cyclone interrupted and still not have their heals school locked.
85 Tauren Druid
07/22/2011 05:21 PMPosted by Hotted
Touching the spell cyclone is a bad idea. It's the whole unavoidable instant CC that just makes the spell overpowered

IT IS DISPELLABLE! enough said.
85 Tauren Druid

It doesn't matter if there was a 5 minute setup up, or a 1 second set up, the fact a feral CAN pull off a 23k+ crit on someone with 4190 resilience is just not right

and rogues cant pull off multiple backstab/ambush crits for that much within a few seconds right?
81 Draenei Shaman
07/22/2011 05:29 PMPosted by Crocadoodle
You mean when a druid can insta-cast cyclone...insta-travel form and be long gone AND OOC and back into stealth before the other player can do anything?

that's an amazing strategy in duels, which i heard blizzard balances around.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]