Explanation about ferals.

85 Human Warrior
Edited by Hotted on 7/22/11 2:37 PM (PDT) Hey Zarhym,
With this post i wanted to point about the strong points about ferals and their little weaknesses, so the developers and you can see why they are so strong at the moment.

Instant CC:
I'd say that this is one of the strongest issues that many people are experiencing with ferals, because their utility and damage are way too strong. I'm not saying "nerf cyclone", because that would completely annihilate Restoration druids (which are already really weak in PvP).
My suggestion to change this without changing much PvE would be changing Predatory strikes and put something along the lines of "Cannot trigger more than once in X seconds".

Damage:
-Feral druids are usually paired with classes that can give them mobility and if the ferals have any sort of up time for more than 4 seconds on the target, you can pretty much be certain that you will need to use a lot of cool-downs to counter it.

- The combined damage of bleeds and direct damage is way too much for PvP. I currently have ~3800 resilience and the average feral with full pvp gear and maybe 1 PvE trinket (Unheeded Warning seems to be the choice for ferals for alot of dmg) is 12k periodic damage from bleeds along with 19-23k shreds and 30-34k Ferocious Bites.

Weakness:
Mobility as the class itself is pretty decent at the moment, but many feral druids can argue that they can't move freely by themselves (that's why a lot of feral druids pair up with classes that give them more mobility ie: Hand of Freedom, double defensive priest dispel)

In my opinion , as a 2800 player and a multi gladiator on several classes is that Feral druids need a Change. How can we change ferals? it's up to you guys. I gave some suggestions but if they remain untouched, Feral will be the pvp spec to go for ALL druids (since Balance and Restoration are somewhat worthless at the moment)

Thanks in advance for reading my thread and i'm looking forward for a Blue response.

07/22/2011 03:14 PMPosted by Zarhym
Thanks for taking time to break your feedback down, Hotted. We're keeping a close eye on Feral in PvP and understand the concern. Things currently on our radar include the Berserk duration, the Unheeded Warning trinket, and the Predatory Swiftness talent.

I had to log in just to say;

This is how communication between players and CMs should be. Wonderful.
Hunters still waiting for blue post.
85 Blood Elf Warrior
07/22/2011 03:37 PMPosted by Mystheal
It would be nice if you could dispel cyclone.

No it wouldn't, because the viability of resto druids depends entirely on Cyclone. Resto druids are already weak, and this would just make them nonexistent.
85 Undead Rogue
finally some blue on this
90 Tauren Druid
I hope that unheeded warning is not nerfed after being around for so long. It's on of the better trinkets available to us in terms of PvE so I would rather see a limit be applied which prevents the proc to happen while in arena in the same way certain items cannot be used.

This would allow both playstyles to have their cake rather then continuously nerf Feral in PvE due to PvP balance issues.

Of course, if Blizzard was smart, they would split the talent tree for both PvE and PvP so talents can be tweaked independent from each other.
Edited by Barada on 7/22/2011 3:55 PM PDT
90 Worgen Druid
NI
4.3 Patch Notes for Feral Druids

Predator's Swiftness has been removed from the game.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Damage:
-Feral druids are usually paired with classes that can give them mobility and if the ferals have any sort of up time for more than 4 seconds on the target, you can pretty much be certain that you will need to use a lot of cool-downs to counter it.

- The combined damage of bleeds and direct damage is way too much for PvP. I currently have ~3800 resilience and the average feral with full pvp gear and maybe 1 PvE trinket (Unheeded Warning seems to be the choice for ferals for alot of dmg) is 12k periodic damage from bleeds along with 19-23k shreds and 30-34k Ferocious Bites.

Please triple check the numbers on 3800 Resilience. Thanks.
Edited by Icer on 7/22/2011 3:56 PM PDT
ima lol when blizzard removes all their cc and buffs their dmg so they become like warriors when kfc was stupid hahahahaha yeah boy more tunneling specs
But is there a way to nerf those guys in pvp that are asking for the nerf with out toching us in pve. I dont pvp and I dont want to see us nerfed in pve in favor of those that want this to happen to them in pvp.

I dont know much about pvp or even how to and i realy dont care to learn about it, its just not my thing. But i realy like my cat in pve just realy hope if they make changes its only effective in pvp.
90 Night Elf Druid
Nice way to look at one aspect of the game. If there happens to be more than two healers with the usual high resilience, then trying to kill them is impossible unless you can perfectly coordinate with another DPS.

Healers are a hard counter for ferals. The way we win in arenas is by controlling healers so they can't heal. Without instant cyclone, we're left with our damage, which btw, has a positional requirement. You already robbed us of our mobility and fear immunity a few patches ago. I think I'll just level my warrior and play that instead, that being only one option out of many.

It seems that the general consensus of the public at large is that if ferals are viable, they must be nerfed but they're fine if they're UP.

PS.: Nice hiding behind an alt, OP.
90 Night Elf Druid
I agree the instant CC portion of predatory instincts is too strong but I don't want the talent in general to get nerfed because my instant healing touches are the only good form of healing i can get. I realize the game isn't balanced around 1v1 but rolling with two dps in 2's it often comes down to me against one of their team and I couldn't perform nearly as well without that healing.
85 Tauren Druid
please dont ruin feral druids more than you already have, PS has been around for a long time and now people want to change it? GTFO please.
81 Draenei Shaman
07/22/2011 03:21 PMPosted by Dej
I've been hit for 37k with 3.8k Resil by a feral, then 34k, then 32k, etc.

an ability with a lot of setup that guts pressure after use hits you for less than 1/3 of your hp? cry more.

Get away from my spec! GET AWAY!!!

/cat form
/hiss

i like you.

07/22/2011 03:57 PMPosted by Reshiku
please dont ruin feral druids more than you already have, PS has been around for a long time and now people want to change it? GTFO please.

at this point i'd take wotlk feral.
Edited by Nimbosa on 7/22/2011 4:03 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Don't feel like editing.

UH DK or Arms War?

Opinions?
[quote]
no we also use it for the heal too and of all the dps classes we have the weakest self heals
and every melee class has some sort of reliable cc

Ahahahahaha, good one. Weakest heals of all dps. Passive 4% of max health heal on crit and instant cast big heals, rolling dots, agi that is converted to spell power and talents to increase healing received by 20%.

But you guys have the weakest heals of all dps. You tickle me.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]