How to get Titles...

20 Orc Hunter
Hi!

I would like to know: How do I get titles? I know this question is a little vague, but what i am really wondering is, how to do so on a starter edition account. I have seen starter edition players with titles such as: <playername> - Aerie Peak, or <playername> Twisting Nether. However, I can't seem to find information on how exactly to earn these, and many other titles. This is because, whenever i look it up on wowwiki, wowpedia, wowhead, thottbott, etc. These titles arent in there, only a bunch of others. Please help!

Note:

Some titles that I have seen on players, but can't find info on are:

-Destromath
-Aerie Peak
-Twisting Nether
-Winterhoof
-Blackhand
-Ragnaros
-Terokkar
-Fenris
-Laughing Skull
-Frostman
-Warsong
-Nesingwary
-Staghelm
-Ghostlands-
Arthas-
Quel'dorei

Thank You for all the information you can provide me in advance! =)
Reply Quote
60 Troll Hunter
These aren't titles these are the realms they play on. :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
07/25/2011 10:53 AMPosted by Jilixx
These aren't titles these are the realms they play on. :)

This. Whenever you enter a battleground or a dungeon using the Dungeon Finder, it groups you with players from other realms. All of those things you listed are different realms that those players were from.
Reply Quote
It's adorable that you wrote them all down :D

You might be able to get the ambassador title. Which is to get exalted with all the home city factions. You'd just have to wear all the different tabards and run tons of dungeons.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
You actually already have the Drenden "title" when others see you in cross-server dungeon runs and battlegrounds. While it's not an official title, that's what other folks see as a suffix on your name :)

Edit: Twitter is squeeing over the adorableness of this thread.
Edited by Icedragon on 7/25/2011 11:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
As others have mentioned, the -::NAME:: is the realm that they are based on. You won't show a - ::REALM:: beside your name to you, but others will see you with your name - ::REALM::.

Though it would be really cool if you got a title of your realm in your titles list!

/hai from one Drendenite to another!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Edit: Twitter is squeeing over the adorableness of this thread.

We squee over much--but this just greatly improved my day (and quite possibly my week) :>
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
IYou might be able to get the ambassador title. Which is to get exalted with all the home city factions. You'd just have to wear all the different tabards and run tons of dungeons.

Or questing I think. One also gets discounts on goods (205 I think) for being exalted. My 50G riding training cost me 42 and change (don't think I made it to Exalted at the time).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
07/25/2011 12:43 PMPosted by Brightbrown
Or questing I think

Yes questing works for building rep, but some factions don't have enough quests specifically for them for you to get to exalted just on quests alone. For those ones you have to run dungeons while wearing a tabard, or (in BC and WotLK) run the dungeon(s) that group is tied to.
Reply Quote
19 Human Warrior
The folks saying that there aren't enough quests to get Ambassador are correct - they will help get you most of the way there, but not all the way. Running dungeons with city tabards will fill them in the rest of the way. Faction changing is another option, but not for trial accounts.

My experience was that it took 12-15 solo runs of Deadmines to get Exalted with Gilneas. My memory is hazy on this because, well, running that dungeon over and over got ... tedious. :-)

Some other non-server titles you can get at level 20:

The Explorer
The Noble (tough with no grouping, but possible)

I don't think you can get The Diplomat or Guardian of Cenarius with a trial account, though.

Personally, I would try for Ambassador.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
You can't get explorer because it requires you to go to Northrend and Cataclysm specific zones that you can't get to without those expansions.
Reply Quote
19 Human Warrior
Oh, derp. You're absolutely right.

There are also all those flying-only zones in Outland and Northrend which used to require a warlock summons before the days of 2-person flying mounts.

I'm not used to thinking of all these restrictions yet! :-)
Reply Quote
20 Undead Priest
Go for Ambassador it's the only title You'll be getting.. but it's a nice one at that. :3 enjoy.
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
OP is cute
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
those are the realms for me it says holyhehe-kiljaedin if i had a title like for example the explorer it would say holyhehe the explorer-kiljaedin.
note- it only says the server name if you are on a different server from the person
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
the best title you can get on a trial account is by far bloodthirsty it requires 250'000 honorable kills. you better start doing some serious bgs!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
those are the realms for me it says holyhehe-kiljaedin if i had a title like for example the explorer it would say holyhehe the explorer-kiljaedin.
note- it only says the server name if you are on a different server from the person

My guildmates were talking one night and decided that our hunter Nochecazador should get the title Defender of a Shattered World and transfer to the server The Forgotten Coast in order to have the longest name possible in cross-realm groups.

Meanwhile I need the Dragonslayer title, for the sheer redundancy.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

My guildmates were talking one night and decided that our hunter Nochecazador should get the title Defender of a Shattered World and transfer to the server The Forgotten Coast in order to have the longest name possible in cross-realm groups.

1st: longest title thus far is "<Name>, Slayer of Stupid, Incompetent and Disappointing Minions", although the only way to get add the server name suffix is through the RealID cross-realm party invite.

2nd: Don't you mean "irony" instead of redundancy?
Reply Quote

1st: longest title thus far is "<Name>, Slayer of Stupid, Incompetent and Disappointing Minions", although the only way to get add the server name suffix is through the RealID cross-realm party invite.

2nd: Don't you mean "irony" instead of redundancy?

Let's be more specific. Permanent titles xD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]