What happened Draka?

1 Orc Hunter
During WotLK draka had plenty of 25 man guilds downing content. What happened to all the guilds.

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/draka/rating.tier10_25
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
lack of pie
Reply Quote
If by plenty of guilds you mean a bunch of guilds downing normal modes and old content, then yes, there were plenty of guilds downing content.

Draka has never had more than a handful of guilds at most downing the more difficult content.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Clearly Draka doesn't care about 25 mans. Clearly
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
<Clearly>™
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
07/26/2011 09:34 AMPosted by Scandális
lack of pie

This.

<Clearly>™

Too soon™
Edited by Levitas on 7/26/2011 9:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ohshi-

Look at narlyna bustin out the trademark...

...wait for it...

Like a g6. Yeah, hemad.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
What happened was the US economy. People couldn't afford the extra $15 a month anymore. Half the people I used to run with quit I logged back in and my friends list is barren.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
WoW is actually pretty cheap compared to most forms of entertainment. For $15 you get a month of something to do. It costs double that to take myself and my girlfriend to the movies for 3 hours of entertainment.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Yes, Saly, Imad. Imadlikeag6.

07/28/2011 07:40 AMPosted by Dazanna
WoW is actually pretty cheap compared to most forms of entertainment. For $15 you get a month of something to do. It costs double that to take myself and my girlfriend to the movies for 3 hours of entertainment.

Where do you live that it costs 30 bucks for two people to see a movie? >_>
Edited by Levitas on 7/28/2011 10:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue

Where do you live that it costs 30 bucks for two people to see a movie? >_>

I don't know where he lives but I live on the Ma/NH border and it's $21.50 for 2 tickets. Add to that if you want popcorn or anything so yeah $30 is easy to reach for 2 people.
Edited by Septicemia on 7/28/2011 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Here in Florida it's $9.75 for regular tickets, $11.50 for 3D. Popcorn is $8 for a large and another $6 for a drink.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Here's the run down of what happened

Blizz devs... Hey lets make 10 man and 25 man share the same exact loot.

Blizz devs... Hey that sounds like a great idea and will help us solidify our everyone should see the content mantra

Blizz devs.... Hey all WoW players we have decided that with Cata we will allow 10 man guilds to reap the same rewards as 25 man guilds. Both raid sizes will offer the same exact gear ilevel and all!

The WoW community... That sounds great!

Cata launches..

GM of a raiding guild... Hey guys Cata is here! Lets do continue to do 25 mans..

Guild members... Hey that sounds awesome! But doesnt 10 man offer the same thing?

GM... Yes it does but we all prefer 25 mans anyway so lets do eeeet

2 months down the road...

GM during scheduled raid night.... Well guys it seems like we are having a problem filling 25 mans but lets keep recruiting and try to continue

Guild members... BUT WHYYYYYYY WAAAAAAA its hard enough getting 20 to log on

GM... Ok guys we're going to do 10 mans

Guild then breaks down into a 10 man guild

GM... WOW this is so much easier than 25 man, why didnt we do this to start off?

Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, that's true except for the part where 10 man heroics are tuned so much tighter than 25 it isn't even a fair contest.

For bads and casuals, though, you're correct.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Well, that's true except for the part where 10 man heroics are tuned so much tighter than 25 it isn't even a fair contest.

For bads and casuals, though, you're correct.

Maybe in t11 content some of the 10 man fights were more overtuned for the size of the raid comp but 10 man t12 is "easier" than 25 man. A lot of the fights have a much higher requirement in this tier of raiding for 25's. Not to mention one of the biggest factors of spacing. Rag on 10 is a joke, Rag on 25 is not so much a joke only because of the amount of space needed to house 25 players compared to the space you need to house 10 and the same thing goes for fights like alysrazor, domo, and legs.

At the end of the day people pay to play and should play whatever makes them happy whether it be 5's, 10's or 25's. Comparing the 2 raid sizes is always going to be a debate from 25's saying well 25's is harder and 10's saying 10 mans are harder.

http://www.paragon.fi/articles/10-vs-25-comparison - Just read it from the "Pro's"

But thats not the moral of the story it just what happened with servers like Draka that now only have 1 raiding 25 man guild.

Me personally I will always prefer 25 mans over 10's... and before anyone reads to deeply into my post I have 0 issues with 10 man guilds... Both sizes of raids require good game play.
Edited by Scandális on 7/28/2011 1:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
07/28/2011 07:40 AMPosted by Dazanna
It costs double that to take myself and my girlfriend to the movies for 3 hours of entertainment.

This made me laugh Daz :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
07/28/2011 11:00 AMPosted by Dazanna
Here in Florida it's $9.75 for regular tickets, $11.50 for 3D. Popcorn is $8 for a large and another $6 for a drink.

Jeebus... It's 6 bucks here for an adult before 6pm, after 6 it's 8 bucks. Food and drink are usually fairly priced too, but all I ever get is a ticket. Theater crap is wicked unhealthy.

Koug, there wasn't enough lulz in your Dev post. Son, I am disappoint.
Edited by Levitas on 7/28/2011 4:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

Koug, there wasn't enough lulz in your Dev post. Son, I am disappoint.

It wasnt meant to be funny, FATTY
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
07/29/2011 06:01 AMPosted by Scandális
It wasnt meant to be funny, FATTY

Fair enough, but I am NOT fat you meanyhead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]