What is going on with Scilla's pop?

85 Human Paladin
When I moved my main here to Scilla, it was listed as a medium population server, and was ranked 26th out of the 200+ US servers available. In the last few weeks, I've noticed that the population is now listed as "low" and the ranking has dropped to 58th.

I see nothing but huge improvements from my old server to this one, so I'm curious why people are leaving. I've never found it easier to find a PUG run for raids, and I've never found it easier to get into RBGs or get groups together for any type of function then what I've found here on Scilla so far.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
AIDS outbreaks. Get out while you can.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Yeah, I don't know. Back in Wrath, when I first moved here, the pugging community was a bit dubious with quite a number of master looter ninjas, but quite a bit of interesting talent (usually alts of main raiders in some of the great guilds on this realm). There was usually something to do at most times. Since Cataclysm, its like a ghost town. Lately even worse.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I stopped running around naked so everyone left. My bad :(
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
07/26/2011 11:41 AMPosted by Norgo
They took our jerbs

LOL QFT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
When I moved my main here to Scilla, it was listed as a medium population server, and was ranked 26th out of the 200+ US servers available. In the last few weeks, I've noticed that the population is now listed as "low" and the ranking has dropped to 58th.

I see nothing but huge improvements from my old server to this one, so I'm curious why people are leaving. I've never found it easier to find a PUG run for raids, and I've never found it easier to get into RBGs or get groups together for any type of function then what I've found here on Scilla so far.

You know that when you log on its determined by the current population online at that moment, Scilla is a low-med pop. A lot of people transferred to bigger servers looking for a slice at a better pie imo 99% didn't find it
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Yes I realize during the log-in process it shows how many people are online at that time, I'm talking about many websites which I used to research where I was going to move to, have changed drastically.

I just checked wowprogress.com and for some reason Scilla is back up to 38th in the ranking instead of 58th. So the drop from 26th to 38th isn't as drastic as to 58th, but still, it's a huge drop in my opinion. What can we do to stop the fleeing?

On warcraftrealms.com, Scilla shows a little over 6k players on it, but when I checked prior to my move, there was closer to 20k players on the server. (IF I recall correctly it was 18,9xx players that were here when I first moved here)

ps. the server I left had less then 2k players on it, and now has 10k players on it, but I know that many of these new players on that server are just that, NEW, very new, and not easy to get groups done with inexperienced players.
Edited by Ðarksknight on 7/27/2011 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Basically Casual carries our raiding rank. Since Stimulate xfer'd to Illidan we dropped off as a server a little bit more.

No statistic for realm population or faction-faction % are correct, they are based off of an addon that you can download and it calculates by the current players online.

Scillas population has gone down for a few reasons. as i previously stated, better raiding which if you werent in a good guild on horde or alliance scilla your not gonna get in a good one on a different server. or for better pvp, and lets face it all of scillas pvp is weak across the board horde and alliance (inc troll)
Edited by Jerrald on 7/27/2011 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Yes I have the census addon that takes those snapshots for uploading to the site, which I do on a regular basis on both alli and horde side.

As for raiding, I've never found it as easy as I've found it since moving to Scilla to raid, not to mention the fact that the people I've raided with are quite good at their classes, and they actually know what the hell they're doing. I guess I SHOULD consider myself lucky, as since moving to scilla I've done some dungeons and have been lucky enough to be with some top notch raiding personnel from top notch raiding guilds who have recruited me big time. I have only had the pleasure of raiding a couple of times in pugs with members of casual and I did have one of them advise they were always looking for good raiders I should consider going apply. If it weren't for my exhalted status with my guild that's still on the other server I would consider doing so.

The PVP is awesome as well, the server I came from wins TB on the alliance side maybe once or twice a week when I left, and battlegrounds, forget it, it's a miracle when one gets won by the alliance side. The only time I get pissed about PVP is when I come across certain folks in groups using what "glitches" they can use while having others in their group lure you around so they can kill you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
you heard him Bart, get the music going and get to stripping damn it!!!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Bart no longer gives me naughty pictures. Tis' a shame.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Scilla sucks.

Peace.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
lol
Reply Quote
27 Worgen Druid
Scilla sucks.

Peace.

Lol, terrible
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
07/26/2011 11:25 AMPosted by Aani
Yeah, I don't know. Back in Wrath, when I first moved here, the pugging community was a bit dubious with quite a number of master looter ninjas, but quite a bit of interesting talent (usually alts of main raiders in some of the great guilds on this realm). There was usually something to do at most times. Since Cataclysm, its like a ghost town. Lately even worse.
U talking ghost towns try scilla during BC, brah
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

we always been a small town here at scilla and we aims to keep it that way. We don't take too kindly to folks comin round here n tryin to rile everbody up n get some hotshots from other servers 2 come here n cause trouble see.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
07/29/2011 11:37 PMPosted by Nizzin
U talking ghost towns try scilla during BC, brah

Early Wrath was an all time low for Scilla. That's why they opened free transfers to here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]