Tooltip error

(Locked)

100 Human Warlock
You may want to refer to the sticky at the top of this forum. You are only guarenteed answer from blizz when you open a support ticket. The only people who may be able to help with this are in-game gms.
90 Dwarf Paladin
These RL analogies need to realize THIS IS A GAME. You are throwing fits about pixels and comparing a RL item to pixels bought with pixels, they DON'T compare no matter how hard you try.

Yes, I agree it is rather upsetting you didn't get what you expected but that is just how it goes in video game and all software at times. All software has bugs and all software agreements you and I all accept say they are not required to compensate you for such bugs.

Yes, I know all that. However one would have thought it good customer support to make amends when you mess up.

07/26/2011 12:38 PMPosted by Sariä
oh wow yeah i got screwed too on the blade just realized it got 3.5 speed instead of 3.8 is it a bug?

It is indeed a bug. The tooltip for the weapon, and the recipe, should say 3.5s.

Remember folks, double check all the upgrades on external sites to double check that blizzard have them right.
100 Night Elf Warrior
07/26/2011 12:38 PMPosted by Sariä
oh wow yeah i got screwed too on the blade just realized it got 3.5 speed instead of 3.8 is it a bug?

it's our own fault for not checking wowhead first. Shame on us for trusting the game to be accurate.
90 Gnome Warlock
07/26/2011 12:57 PMPosted by Zamm
Yes, I know all that. However one would have thought it good customer support to make amends when you mess up.

Which they have done in the past, however the Blues here on this forum can not set that into motion, you need to post over in General for that. That is how the PvP items refund was handled. People posted in General and got Blizzard to look at it.

I'm not trying to say that you don't have an argument or shouldn't be given a refund. I'm saying that current policy says that they do no refund for these things, and if you wish to have them look into making an exception for this case (since it effects a number of players) then posting in General is the correct avenue to get that done.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I was about to start a thread on this very subject.

Blizzard I want my mats back as Masterwork Elementium Deathblade is not an upgrade over Akirus the Worm-Breaker.

It was a complete waste of mats. The 3.8 sword would be a nice upgrade and would help guilds by tiding over some plate melee whilst others get the shannox weapons. The 3.5 weapon is worthless to raiders though.

Lets see:
0.15 less speed
50 -66 more damage
20 more Strength
29 more Stamina
13 more mastery
Of the other stats: One has haste and the other expertise, so it is hard to tell the benefit it is for you, but the stat number itself is an increase of 13

Sounds like an overall upgrade to me.

07/26/2011 11:51 AMPosted by Zamm
It would not be acceptable for a shop to sell you a 42 inch TV, and when you unpack it it turns out to be a 32inch TV. So why would you think it acceptable to make a weapon worse than advertized for every strength user?

It depends on the TV themselves. If I bought an old 42 inch CRT TV, and when I opened the box and it was a 32 inch HD LED 3D TV, I don't think I would complain.
100 Night Elf Warrior

Blizzard I want my mats back as Masterwork Elementium Deathblade is not an upgrade over Akirus the Worm-Breaker.

It was a complete waste of mats. The 3.8 sword would be a nice upgrade and would help guilds by tiding over some plate melee whilst others get the shannox weapons. The 3.5 weapon is worthless to raiders though.

Lets see:
0.15 less speed
50 -66 more damage
20 more Strength
29 more Stamina
13 more mastery
Of the other stats: One has haste and the other expertise, so it is hard to tell the benefit it is for you, but the stat number itself is an increase of 13

07/26/2011 11:51 AMPosted by Zamm
It would not be acceptable for a shop to sell you a 42 inch TV, and when you unpack it it turns out to be a 32inch TV. So why would you think it acceptable to make a weapon worse than advertized for every strength user?

It depends on the TV themselves. If I bought an old 42 inch CRT TV, and when I opened the box and it was a 32 inch HD LED 3D TV, I don't think I would complain.

most 2h weapon abilities are scaled based on the weapon damage. the weapon has 300 lower top end damage than we were promised in game.

07/26/2011 01:00 PMPosted by Teimwork

it's our own fault for not checking wowhead first. Shame on us for trusting the game to be accurate.

When you are going to be spending a large amount of pixels on something it is not a bad idea to do a little research. Blizzard has had many tool tip issues so it's always a good idea to be 100%.

85 Tauren Druid
07/26/2011 12:00 PMPosted by Teimwork
They did something about the honor gear (365 bait n switch to 371), i'm just optimistic they'll do something similar for this.

Yeah... they gave a little bit of honor that really helped no one but the people who didn't really need it.

I lost 21,000 honor and gems/enchants on every slot but weapon (about 3k in enchants total) ... and all I could have expected to see in return was 4k honor. So no, they didn't really compensate for it. And since the problem you have ( I sympathize, it sucks, but all the same) is smaller in scope, I wouldn't hold my breath for any meaningful reimbursement.
100 Blood Elf Hunter

Lets see:
0.15 less speed
50 -66 more damage
20 more Strength
29 more Stamina
13 more mastery

most 2h weapon abilities are scaled based on the weapon damage. the weapon has 300 lower top end damage than we were promised in game.

The poster I quoted was saying there was no upgrade. I was pointing out: that while it maybe less of an up-grade he expected; it is still an upgrade.
100 Night Elf Warrior
For those that said post on the General forums. I did, it had about as many responses as this thread...and it was deleted without warning or explanation.

THAT is why we come to the customer service forum.

EDIT:

it's true that there were other threads on this. But when i created mine, there weren't any in the top 3 pages. And none that had a blue response. Most of the threads on this subject get deleted within an hour. We come to the CS forums out of necessity.
Edited by Teimwork on 7/26/2011 1:33 PM PDT
100 Worgen Death Knight
What most don't get is these stats affect melee dps a good amount. Most took a great deal of personal time and gold to make this weapon based on it's ingame stats. Of which there is no Posting easily found on official blizz content to say that the stats are off. So it isn't a matter of lots of people. That, didn't read patch notes or something.
Time/money spent by crafters:
Chaos Orbs
In most dungeon runs, you’ll have between 2 and 4 people rolling on them, in my experience. There are pretty good numbers on how long a standard dungeon run – the most efficient way to get a chaos orb – takes. It’s about 50 minutes. So, to get enough Chaos Orbs to make one of these weapons, on average, you’re looking at 3(average number of rollers) x 50(minutes) x5 (Orbs) = 12 hours, 30 min of dungeons for a single weapon craft (not counting queue time).

Truegold
8 days of cooldowns if you have a Alchemist and the mats.
8 truegold on AH 8x850(server avg)=6800gold

Hardened elementium bars and Ocean Sapphire
4bars and 2 OS comes out to about 350 gold

So 7150gold and 12 1/2 hours of farming orbs. For a lesser of a upgrade Because blizz messed up a tool tip. With no prior warning from blizz of the tooltip. People Would of been more ok with this all if there would of been a previous post by blizz stating stat change.
100 Night Elf Warrior
What most don't get is these stats affect melee dps a good amount. Most took a great deal of personal time and gold to make this weapon based on it's ingame stats. Of which there is no Posting easily found on official blizz content to say that the stats are off. So it isn't a matter of lots of people. That, didn't read patch notes or something.
Chaos Orbs
In most dungeon runs, you’ll have between 2 and 4 people rolling on them, in my experience. There are pretty good numbers on how long a standard dungeon run – the most efficient way to get a chaos orb – takes. It’s about 50 minutes. So, to get enough Chaos Orbs to make one of these weapons, on average, you’re looking at 3(average number of rollers) x 50(minutes) x5 (Orbs) = 12 hours, 30 min of dungeons for a single weapon craft (not counting queue time).

Truegold

So 7150gold and 12 1/2 hours of farming orbs. For a lesser of a upgrade Because blizz messed up a tool tip. With no prior warning from blizz of the tooltip. People Would of been more ok with this all if there would of been a previous post by blizz stating stat change.

aside from the canned 1-liner reponse saying "the speed is 3.5..." i mentioned in the first post, there have been no blizzard responses to this.

It is STILL not listed as a known bug.

If it was supposed to be a 3.5 speed weapon then they had 2 weeks to fix this issue after 4.2 came out before anyone was able to craft this, and nothing was done. A week later and still no real official word from blizz.

GMs in game are handling it inconsistently. Some say its a tool tip bug, others it should be a 3.8 speed weapon, and a few have even set the swords back to BoE so players can sell them on the AH instead of equipping them.
100 Human Paladin
Chaos Orbs

Truegold

I like this post. I saved up the mats for this while doing the dailies everyday. I was so excited to make my new shiny weapon.

For me it is still an upgrade over what I had, but this sword will always leave a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth.
90 Gnome Warlock
For those that said post on the General forums. I did, it had about as many responses as this thread...and it was deleted without warning or explanation.

THAT is why we come to the customer service forum.

EDIT:

it's true that there were other threads on this. But when i created mine, there weren't any in the top 3 pages. And none that had a blue response. Most of the threads on this subject get deleted within an hour. We come to the CS forums out of necessity.

Then it was deleted because it wasn't needed as they already know about it, and apparently (from a link in this post) have already answered it. If a post is a duplicate of another post then it will be deleted.

Again the CS forums can not help you at all with this.
100 Human Paladin
GMs in game are handling it inconsistently. Some say its a tool tip bug, others it should be a 3.8 speed weapon, and a few have even set the swords back to BoE so players can sell them on the AH instead of equipping them.

Passing on the false stats to another player. Nice.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
I suppose as a Ret Pally the death blade would be worthless to you, as a Blood DK it's a pretty reasonable upgrade if you have guildies who will help you with the truegold. The other mats are pretty easy to acquire if you are a miner and JC.

Edited by Moonsmaster on 7/26/2011 1:56 PM PDT
Blizzard Employee
07/26/2011 01:40 PMPosted by Teimwork
A week later and still no real official word from blizz.
As far as I know, the answer is in the link that was posted early in this thread, Kezmaefele.

The speed is 3.5 as intended. The tooltip will be updated in an upcoming patch.
In other words, a client patch is necessary to fix what the tooltip is displaying.

While I cannot personally guarantee any form of refund, you are more then welcome to open an in game petition and inquire about one.

That said, there is no reason to let this thread keep going. Locking it. Please refrain from creating new threads about this issue.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]