How is horde PvP on this server?

1 Human Warrior
Hey guys, just wondering.

Are the queue times for horde battlegrounds still long?
Are there a good amount of arena groups looking for members, and a good amount of RBG groups around?

I'm trying to decide if I should switch to horde. :(

thanks
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Queue times went from 20 minutes at the end of Wrath to 2-10 minutes lately. It's not bad, but they are far from an "instant pop". Arena teams and RBG teams advertise all the time in /Trade. Are they any good? !@#$ if I know. I'll PuG a RBG when icicles ornament the rings of Hell.

Should you switch?

- If you simply cannot deal with Alliance bots anymore, go Horde
- If you absolutely can't get an arena/rbg team, go Horde
- If you have any friends whatsoever make set groups and bathe in the honor farming that can take place on the Alliance side

If I had it to do all over again I would have rolled Alliance when I came back to WoW. Ten minute waits don't sound like much but when you are in the queue 5, 10, 15+ times a night those ten minute blocks add up. The downside is Alliance pugs. I am absolutely flabbergasted as to how/why anyone would solo queue on the Alliance side. People who willingly do this %^-* should be banned from procreating. It honestly blows my mind that people pay $15 a month to get farmed.

Anyway, that's my take.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
RBG pugs hordeside do fine, although there aren't enough of them >.>

No experience on Alliance-side on Llane, so can't compare.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I am absolutely flabbergasted as to how/why anyone would solo queue on the Alliance side. People who willingly do this %^-* should be banned from procreating. It honestly blows my mind that people pay $15 a month to get farmed.

Real men queue up solo and make the difference in a pug which leads to a win.

edit: real men also play fem human
Edited by Cazzi on 7/27/2011 7:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Most evenings I see ~3-4 minute average wait times on BG queues, sometimes only 1 or 2. Note that battlegrounds are region wide (i.e. north america) now, so it doesn't matter which server you are on when it comes to queue times.

Haven't done arena or rated BGs, so no comment there.

FWIW, horde seems to control Tol Barad more often than not, and I've yet to end up in a Tol Barad battle where the horde didn't win (attacking twice or defending maybe ten times?), so my suspicion is that the Alliance wins tend to mostly be at off-peak hours, where a coordinated group could make a real difference.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
The goblin above does have a point. I have been part of many, many apalling attempts on Alliance via the solo queue. And the rate for horde doing the same seems to be a great deal less (although it happens infrequently).

However one can't always find a group so solo queues will at least increase the amount of honor you have (if only my a little most attempts).

I see lots of names at the Molten Front on horde characters that used to be Alliance so it seems lots of folks are going over. Best of luck!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
hmm interesting!
Edited by Gava on 8/12/2011 10:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]