Tab Target

(Locked)

85 Undead Death Knight
Does blizzard intend on actually looking into this? Tab Target works 5% of the time honestly. You have to straight up spam tab to try TRY and target the person beside you. Take a note from WaR there Tab system is beautiful. I love wow just PLEASE look into this. 5/10000 times it will work.
90 Night Elf Druid
it used to work that way for the first half of Classic, than many stealth changes to tab targeting over the years have left us with the bad system we have now.
100 Human Paladin
It is really horrid right now. But the blues have said that their are several issues with tab targeting going on that they are working on to resolve. The only answer you will get it likely the company line of "soon".
85 Human Paladin
ya its annoying i hit tab when a guys right on top of me and i target the guy 20 yards behind me :/
85 Worgen Priest
07/27/2011 11:11 PMPosted by Kezmaefele
But the blues have said that their are several issues with tab targeting going on that they are working on to resolve.

I haven't seen any blue posts regarding tab targeting issues, especially recently, can you link them please?

07/27/2011 11:11 PMPosted by Noctemtenchi
it used to work that way for the first half of Classic, than many stealth changes to tab targeting over the years have left us with the bad system we have now.

This is sadly about how I remember it... Tab targeting has changed a few times in my memory, intentionally or not.

Though, having it "fixed" will just mean I'll have to relearn it again--and who knows how long I've had the muscle memory going to mash tab to where I can get the right target... It's second nature to me now to go until I see the red circle under what I want.
100 Human Paladin
07/27/2011 11:20 PMPosted by Tenor
I haven't seen any blue posts regarding tab targeting issues, especially recently, can you link them please?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2826193475#16

www.mmo-champion.com has a nice Blue tracker feature.
Edited by Kezmaefele on 7/27/2011 11:30 PM PDT
85 Worgen Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2826193475#16

www.mmo-champion.com has a nice Blue tracker feature.

07/12/2011 07:53 PMPosted by Zarhym
There are actually a few unique targeting issues which are all documented and being investigated independently, as they're technically unrelated.

Wish he would have gone into more detail about which these were, as it's the only thing in that post related "directly" to tab targeting.
07/12/2011 07:53 PMPosted by Zarhym
The issue specifically with targeting dead targets will require a client-side patch to address.

This was the major issue that post was addressing, which I experienced--and know it's a different issue altogether than the general tab targeting functionality, which was what I gathered from the OP's post(granted, it could have been much better worded).

Sorry if I confused either one.
90 Troll Mage
Yeah I don't remember the tab target function was this bad. It seems gotten really bad ever since Cata started.
It's worst if you're tanking.

1. Grabs a group of 4 mobs
2. Tab to target one of them and do your tanking stuff to get aggro on it
3. Tab to target another mob, but THIS MOB is with the other group of 4 mobs and it's 30-40 yards in front of me
4. Quickly tab again, this one is STILL in the long dist group in front of me
5 At the 4th-5th tab, I'm still targeting one of the mobs in the long dist group in front of me
6 Move mouse to click the mobs that I am tanking
Edited by Meara on 7/28/2011 12:27 AM PDT
85 Tauren Priest
qft

Tanking's a !@#$% with the current tab targeting system
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I wasnt out of combat when I tab-targeted Ymiron at the Pinnacle on heroic. Auto-shot + tab-target = omfg huntards are artarded.
However, I've not had the issue too much. Except when trying to AoE. When I multi-shot a mob to death, I have to retarget to start again. Tabbing doesnt often work here, the one time I actually need it.
100 Human Warrior
I dunno, I really love being able to tab target Cho'gall while I'm doing SFK, or Nef while I'm in the Deadmines.
85 Goblin Rogue
i keep getting the issue of tab targetting someone. then click an attack and it changes my target back to ither my sapped target or the target i killed and does nothing.
today in arena's i broke my own sap 3 times trying to hit the guys partner after i target him by tabbing or clicking.
Herp'dar Dumbaxe, Victorious Warrior of the Horde, not approve of the Tab target bug. Herp'dar Dumbaxe not happy when he target dead troll on floor and waste Victory Rush on stupid dead troll.

Herp'dar Dumbaxe ask that Blizzard please fix stupid tab-target. Herp'dar getting angry at stupid dead troll on floor, now Herp'dar Dumbaxe really wanting to smack dead troll on floor more cause Herp'dar Dumbaxe very mad at tab target bug.

(PS: Herp'dar Dumbaxe is the BEST ORC NAME EVER for an RP realm!)
85 Goblin Rogue
any word on this yet? still having issues myself
Community Manager
We do have a fix for this ready, however, it will require a client-side patch to address. We're in the process of building a small patch to fix this and a few other issues which also need client updates. You're likely to see what we call a fast patch in the near future (a la patch 4.1.0A in recent past: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/4-1-0a).

Sorry, it's been a while since we've communicated anything about this. Our team has been very busy lately working on a lot of cool things, as well as finalizing plans for BlizzCon, but we're trying to keep our eyes on the forums as much as possible in the process. :)
85 Troll Druid
THANK YOU
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]