Tab Target

(Locked)

1 Undead Warrior

Sorry, it's been a while since we've communicated anything about this. Our team has been very busy lately working on a lot of cool things, as well as finalizing plans for BlizzCon, but we're trying to keep our eyes on the forums as much as possible in the process. :)

I wish we could see some of this cool stuff communicated to us. It's been a long time without anything exciting to look forward to. Putting alts through dailies because my inet connection is too bad to raid or even do many 5-mans is reminding me why I am just leveling a new toon...again...through outlands...again....and making me question what can possibly be fun about this game anymore for me.

Not communicating doesn't really show your fanbase that cool things are coming down the line. Part of what made LK fun I think was how much contact Ghostcrawler gave to the fans on these forums. That and I enjoyed reading the suggestion forums which isn't here anymore.

Tab targeting really needs to be fixed with a patch asap. As a tank it really makes things difficult when you push through your hard hitting threat moves only to realize they hit a dead target. Quality of game-life things like that really should be fixed...then again pets are STILL freaking buggy and horrible to control as even for hunters so quality of life doesn't really matter sometimes.
100 Night Elf Rogue
Sheesh folks! Give him a break! You think is the Devs/Community Team didn't care, they'd be doing what they're doing?

Yeah, sometimes it takes the subtlety of a Wildebeest to get the message across...
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Remember when a timeline for a bugfix was given and people would say thank you?

Really, all you whiners need to get out more.

Thanks Blues.
90 Undead Rogue
Do you guys have any idea the amount of time that goes into writing ONE LINE of programming? Fixing and troubleshooting one graphical error can take hours.
85 Worgen Druid

It was clearly obvious that it was indeed sarcastic.

... I guess I'll spell this one out.

It was more of a hint at our estimated timeline for releasing such a thing.

Thank you,

I was kinda surprised and taken off guard by your response last night. It did illicit a emotional response from me, but I kept a cool head and logged off for the night.

It's good to hear that your planning a patch for this next Tuesday, and also that your one line reply "Noted" was not an attempt to troll me.

Honestly, I was kinda thinking in my head that you literally meant that you wrote down my comment "Rupett will un-sub if targeting bug is not fixed" on a sticky note and stuck it to your monitor.

...But seriously, I'm just happy to hear there's a fix coming Tuesday.
100 Pandaren Priest
08/05/2011 10:47 AMPosted by Mishann
I wonder how he would feel if over a million players did this.

Er...you really think "over a million" people are going to ragequit in some sort of protest, over a small bug? I've yet to have any issues with tab targeting.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
08/05/2011 12:37 PMPosted by Git
There are some really cynical people on this forum.

I'm always amazed at Blizzard's ability to maintain cogent responses despite such theatrical "the sky is falling" retorts.

I speak for all the sane people when I say, keep up the good customer service!

I second that. It's insane how ungrateful people are towards reps trying to establish meaningful communication.
Community Manager
08/05/2011 01:04 PMPosted by Rupett
Honestly, I was kinda thinking in my head that you literally meant that you wrote down my comment "Rupett will un-sub if targeting bug is not fixed" on a sticky note and stuck it to your monitor.

I was at home when I wrote that, but I kind of like this idea. :)
90 Undead Rogue
Anyone else wish that half the people threatening to quit would just quit? Blizzard said that they know of the bug and are going to fix it, complaining about it on the forums all day wont change anything...
90 Orc Hunter
08/05/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Zarhym

Your monitor would be coated, too many melodramatic people.
100 Night Elf Rogue

That's above and beyond! :D
Edited by Sylvanelf on 8/5/2011 1:22 PM PDT
90 Worgen Rogue
08/05/2011 01:01 PMPosted by Deldramar
Do you guys have any idea the amount of time that goes into writing ONE LINE of programming? Fixing and troubleshooting one graphical error can take hours.

Actually I do and less time than you think. You act as if Blizz writes their entire program is a single file. Programming is done modular for compiling, testing and debug purposes.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Was going to post and ask if perhaps a fix to the issues with stealth and vanish might be included in the "list" of fixes that you mentioned here but I noticed that another blue finally posted on the bug report we've had going for a while now on this issue.

Can't wait for ^this^ to be done and thank you in advance for the targetting bug being gone as well. It's a pita for sure but it's just nice to see you guys are listening to us and are aware of the things folks are posting on with these bugs.
Again thank you and good day.
Edited by Hikaru on 8/5/2011 1:28 PM PDT
85 Dwarf Priest
Seems pretty clear to me that Zarhym and his team is working towards a fix. Don't see the need for all the QQing. I am quite impressed by the work that the devs do. and based on Zarhym's previous post it seems, no surprise, that he spends time working when hes at home. I doubt that was a once time occurrence, probably spends a lot of time reading the forums while at home. That is called hard work. We have hard workers here in the dev squad. Thx again Zarhym for acknowledging the problem and working towards a fix. I appreciate it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]