Tab Target

(Locked)

68 Night Elf Priest

It was clearly obvious that it was indeed sarcastic.

... I guess I'll spell this one out.

It was more of a hint at our estimated timeline for releasing such a thing.

How did most of you not get that this is what he meant? It's pathetic how people "hate blizz" so much they will find any excuse to attempt to prove their point. You guys must like being angry or something because you distort so much of what they say to fit whatever your personal agenda might be in the game.

And he is absolutely right, if they came right out and said they were fixing this at least 100 more people would come in complaining they are spending their time fixing this issue instead of another. Then, if they said they were fixing a few issues they would complain that this time they can fix multiple issues, why can't they do that all the time?
Edited by Sudio on 8/5/2011 2:00 PM PDT
68 Night Elf Priest
08/05/2011 01:42 PMPosted by Gusha
Seems pretty clear to me that Zarhym and his team is working towards a fix. Don't see the need for all the QQing. I am quite impressed by the work that the devs do. and based on Zarhym's previous post it seems, no surprise, that he spends time working when hes at home. I doubt that was a once time occurrence, probably spends a lot of time reading the forums while at home. That is called hard work. We have hard workers here in the dev squad. Thx again Zarhym for acknowledging the problem and working towards a fix. I appreciate it.

They should be working at home all the time, during their time off, potentially infringing on their relationships with family and friends so that when i press tab the targeting works perfectly. They must also deliver this message perfectly to me as well as all the other bug fixes they are working on (or considering working on) in a tone in which cannot possibly be interpreted as rude, sarcastic or patronizing. Though i will probably miss the announcement and make a thread about it anyway.
Edited by Sudio on 8/5/2011 2:10 PM PDT
92 Blood Elf Death Knight
We do have a fix for this ready, however, it will require a client-side patch to address. We're in the process of building a small patch to fix this and a few other issues which also need client updates. You're likely to see what we call a fast patch in the near future (a la patch 4.1.0A in recent past: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/4-1-0a).

Sorry, it's been a while since we've communicated anything about this. Our team has been very busy lately working on a lot of cool things, as well as finalizing plans for BlizzCon, but we're trying to keep our eyes on the forums as much as possible in the process. :)

Would this also fix a lot of the tooltips for things that have been hotfixed or maybe even expand the number of dungeons/raids in the dungeon journal?

I understand if you can't answer this but I'm extremely curious to know.
94 Night Elf Rogue
OK, I personally feel this thread has run its course...

Summary: Tab targeting fix tuesday likely. Zarhym works hard and deserves more respect than he gets from this forum.

Move on.
Hey guys, I got a quick fix for your alt tab problems. It's called click target. Not hard bro.
87 Tauren Death Knight

... I guess I'll spell this one out.

It was more of a hint at our estimated timeline for releasing such a thing.

Pro Tip.

If you don't want people to take what you say as Sarcastic, then don't reply in a Sarcastic way, even if being Sarcastic wasn't implied.

Btw, from silently reading the forums the past 3+ weeks, your attitude towards some subjects has been pretty poor. You have to adhere to the Forum CoC just as much as we do.

Just sayin....

Pro tip:

Quit being so cynical and reading every blue post in the worst possible light.

I mean seriously. When I read "Noted" my first instinct was "OOOOOOOOOHHHH I wonder if that's a hint that it'll be out soon?" not "ZOMG HE DOESN'T CARE I'M QUITTING QQQQQQQQQ".

Guys, lighten up a little, geeze.
87 Tauren Death Knight
08/05/2011 02:17 PMPosted by Misstang
Hey guys, I got a quick fix for your alt tab problems. It's called click target. Not hard bro.

Also: focus macros. Separates the men from the boys.
08/05/2011 02:19 PMPosted by Thearchitect

Also: focus macros. Separates the men from the boys.

Yes mdeeed.

Pro Tip.

If you don't want people to take what you say as Sarcastic, then don't reply in a Sarcastic way, even if being Sarcastic wasn't implied.

Btw, from silently reading the forums the past 3+ weeks, your attitude towards some subjects has been pretty poor. You have to adhere to the Forum CoC just as much as we do.

Just sayin....

Pro tip:

Quit being so cynical and reading every blue post in the worst possible light.

I mean seriously. When I read "Noted" my first instinct was "OOOOOOOOOHHHH I wonder if that's a hint that it'll be out soon?" not "ZOMG HE DOESN'T CARE I'M QUITTING QQQQQQQQQ".

Guys, lighten up a little, geeze.

I had the same reaction. I was thinking, "Holy crap, I wonder if he genuinely wrote that down and sent it to the devs."
85 Human Warlock
There are some really cynical people on this forum. The player to which I responded stated a date for when he expects this issue to be fixed. I publicly made a note of that deadline. Was his feedback stated in a constructive way? No, but that doesn't mean my response must be interpreted as sarcastic. I'm actually surprised by the amount of drama that's spawned from a one-word post of mine. People are reading words in blue through so many lenses of preconceived notions, feelings, and sensibilities.There was additional meaning implied in my post, but not the meaning you think.

Hmm... So what meaning did you mean.
Cause sir it sounds, oh there goes another 15 bucks, bye bye.

just my 2 copper, I could be wrong.
08/05/2011 02:24 PMPosted by Vallicelay
There are some really cynical people on this forum. The player to which I responded stated a date for when he expects this issue to be fixed. I publicly made a note of that deadline. Was his feedback stated in a constructive way? No, but that doesn't mean my response must be interpreted as sarcastic. I'm actually surprised by the amount of drama that's spawned from a one-word post of mine. People are reading words in blue through so many lenses of preconceived notions, feelings, and sensibilities.There was additional meaning implied in my post, but not the meaning you think.

Hmm... So what meaning did you mean.
Cause sir it sounds, oh there goes another 15 bucks, bye bye.

just my 2 copper, I could be wrong.

You know you're too into rp/the game when you use "2 copper" instead of "2 cents" laugh out loud.
85 Human Warlock
08/05/2011 02:25 PMPosted by Misstang
You know you're too into rp/the game when you use "2 copper" instead of "2 cents" laugh out loud.

Yep I love playing 24/7 <3
08/05/2011 02:26 PMPosted by Vallicelay

Yep I love playing 24/7 <3

More power to you :]
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]