Tab Target

(Locked)

85 Human Rogue
My biggest gripe with targeting, is that as soon as I come out of stealth through cheap-shotting them, I then try to apply Hemorrhage to do extra damage to them, and everytime I hit Hemo, it tries to target someone else, so I end up never hemo'ing the guy I'm trying to, and there goes my cheap shot with no extra combo points to apply a kidney shot.

It feels as if it's tab targeting to one set person every time. Not even a person I was targeting previously, just a person at distance. If there are a warlock, a mage, a hunter, and a warrior around me, I try to cheap shot the hunter, then hemo, it will constantly keep re-targeting say the warlock over and over, never anyone else.
58 Tauren Death Knight
Can you also add a fix for the despawning firehawk NPC that starts your bombing run in this patch. Thanks.
100 Night Elf Death Knight
If this works:

Pigs hath flown.

Snowballs hath made their way through hell.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN.
100 Undead Rogue
BLT
Can you make it so it will never target pets? There is literally no reason ever I will ever want ot target Druid treants EVER. Yet every time I tab target if it's a BG with 15 people fighting in an area you can also count on tab hitting the stupid treants first. I will never want to target treants, hunter pets, spirit wolves or fel hunters and if I need to target them for some reason I would rather have to click them or cycle through to get to them before I would want it to default select them.
97 Draenei Paladin
I just want the ability to adjust the way that tab-targeting works to match the reasons why i would tab target.
100 Night Elf Druid
In the end they are a Company. xD

By the way, i have been having targeting issues on my "Melee Only" Characters as well.

Here is what happens when i want to re-target.

-After i kill a target, i click attack button and it switches to the dead target and begins killing the other one Through the dead target.

This is so strange. I have had this problem with melee in Burning Crusade way back, and it is happening again! lol!

So i'm pretty sure it's within the same bug.

So i really hope this new side Patch goes great!

Far as the hunters go, i like this new targeting Where you have to "target" instead of having the other one from WOTLK and Accidentally shoot mobs and create a "wipe".
This is very useful!
Edited by Starycheryle on 8/5/2011 9:45 PM PDT
71 Night Elf Death Knight
omg...so THAT is the reason I have been "suffering well".

But, seriously, I've noticed this as well.

Sometimes it's alright, other times not so much.
71 Night Elf Death Knight
08/04/2011 11:41 PMPosted by Zarhym
Our team has been very busy lately working on a lot of cool things, as well as finalizing plans for BlizzCon, but we're trying to keep our eyes on the forums as much as possible in the process. :)

...By "cool things" I hope you mean "FISHING...THE FINAL FRONTIER".

It was posted on the Forums awhile ago and got some good comments about ideas for the Fishing Profession. Pocket Boats and Lures to name a few...are you kidding me how cool would that be!

...and unique skins for all the Hunter Pets such as "Sewer Beast of Stormwind" would be soooo sweeet.

100 Night Elf Druid

...By "cool things" I hope you mean "FISHING...THE FINAL FRONTIER".

It was posted on the Forums awhile ago and got some good comments about ideas for the Fishing Profession. Pocket Boats and Lures to name a few...are you kidding me how cool would that be!

...and unique skins for all the Hunter Pets such as "Sewer Beast of Stormwind" would be soooo sweeet.

Mhm... <3
100 Human Warlock

Zarhym:

You can't, bud. You just cannot respond this way. I know the tendency is to believe that all WoW players must be wage earners, or bagging groceries, but quite a few of us hold salaried positions that place us in roles similar to yours. And this response... No.

When put into the context of a game that LOST 900k subscribers over the last 6 months, the best response is no response. Oh, you're thinking IT. I know you are. I'd be thinking IT too. But you simply cannot respond to paying customers with this atypical, smart-alack response. This is very unbecoming of a learned professional such as yourself, and reeks of condescension towards the people who enrich the company. Diablo 3 is on the way, I get it. We aren't there yet, and I suspect when you get there it may be less satisfying than originally hoped. But I digress!

If you can't treat the common customer with any more restraint than I'm seeing, a job title change could be in order.

The customer is not always right, and when unreasonable demands are made the customer must be reminded that their demands are unreasonable.

This is no different than telling someone that they should patronize another store because yours refuses to meet their demands.

You note a lack of restraint where I note Zarhym not going off the wall insane like you imply he did and replying in a calm manner.

It happens.

Who posted this first reply? Obviously they removed it because they realized how much of an idiot they were. There's a place and time for a company to cow tow. This isn't it. It's a bug, something that needs to be, and they intend on fixing. This jerk says "Fix it by next week or I'm quitting" doesn't deserve any response, so a potentially-but-not-definitely sarcastic one is an incredible show of courtesy. You don't like the game? Quit. I guarantee you they're not on the chopping block over a few rage-quits.
72 Worgen Death Knight

You really have no idea how this game's community regularly behaves if you think "Sorry, we know this is happening, still looking into it" would have been good enough.

Most of this community has the short term memory of a gnat. Unless Blizzard reposts the same responses at least 3 times daily people will insist Blizzard is ignoring issues.

...and the long term memory of an elephant. Look, a great number of people on the forum have been here a long time, no one wants to see the same post three times a day either. The developers have had since before PTR to fix this bug, and they never did. So now we all get to see all these wonderful posts about a stupid bug that was not prioritized, and the CM's have to tap dance for the company. Same ole same ole. Silly annoying stupid bugs may not be game breaking, but are like that gnat buzzing in your ear that just won't go away. It only takes one rotten apple, they just decided it wasn't rotten enough at the time I suppose.

The issue many people take with CM posts is not that they are or are not responding on certain issues. It is that the overall volume of posts that...appear to get attention on page one general are about utter nonsense, instead of game issues. This is magnified by having annoying bugs flying around the game.
72 Worgen Death Knight
My biggest gripe with targeting, is that as soon as I come out of stealth through cheap-shotting them, I then try to apply Hemorrhage to do extra damage to them, and everytime I hit Hemo, it tries to target someone else, so I end up never hemo'ing the guy I'm trying to, and there goes my cheap shot with no extra combo points to apply a kidney shot.

It feels as if it's tab targeting to one set person every time. Not even a person I was targeting previously, just a person at distance. If there are a warlock, a mage, a hunter, and a warrior around me, I try to cheap shot the hunter, then hemo, it will constantly keep re-targeting say the warlock over and over, never anyone else.

It's not just tabbing. If you tabbed at all in an instance, it'll mess you up. targeted the tank and hit a ranged attack...and I pulled a trash group he wasn't even targeting..

For those who suggest mouse-targeting...get real...try doing that with more than 3 mobs + players running around your screen with all the fancy spell and explosion effects that are going on.
85 Draenei Hunter

...and the long term memory of an elephant. Look, a great number of people on the forum have been here a long time, no one wants to see the same post three times a day either. The developers have had since before PTR to fix this bug, and they never did. So now we all get to see all these wonderful posts about a stupid bug that was not prioritized, and the CM's have to tap dance for the company. Same ole same ole. Silly annoying stupid bugs may not be game breaking, but are like that gnat buzzing in your ear that just won't go away. It only takes one rotten apple, they just decided it wasn't rotten enough at the time I suppose.

The issue many people take with CM posts is not that they are or are not responding on certain issues. It is that the overall volume of posts that...appear to get attention on page one general are about utter nonsense, instead of game issues. This is magnified by having annoying bugs flying around the game.

How do you know how it was prioritized? You don't and you are basing your entire angst ridden post on the fact that you think you do know. And again blues can only respond to issue when they have info from the devs. Otherwise the reason they are responding to silly threads is because they have nothing important to say at the time and interacting with the community on every level including responding to fluff threads is part of their job. They aren't here just to appease petulant children.

I am pretty sure that the fact that this bug has been around for months as a known bug is enough evidence that they prioritized it. If it was a high priority fix like it should be it would have been found and fixed within a week. And the fact that they are STILL working on new content and tweaking things while a bug is floating for months now shows that they are not even working on it like they should be.
85 Night Elf Hunter
Is this patch going to correct the gun sound on the Lava Bolt Crossbow? I hope so :(
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]